Door ajar lights stay on 1991 Accord LX - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-03-2018, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
My First Post

Door ajar lights stay on 1991 Accord LX

I have a 91 Accord LX, and all 4 door ajar lights stay on almost all of the time. The trunk open light stays lit with them. Occasionally, the lights will flicker on and off, but lately they seem to stay on all the time. My dome lights work properly with the actuation of the door switches, the door open chime works as it should, and I have checked all bulbs in the rear of the car and all are functioning properly. The alternator has not been replaced, but I've had no issues with charging the battery or having the battery die on me. All of the other warning lights work as they should. Any ideas what can cause this? Short of removing the cluster to disconnect the door ajar lights, is there anything I can do to disable these warning lights?

Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-04-2018, 09:55 AM
The Keyless-Wonder

Garage
That happened to me a couple times with my 1992 Accord, but they never stayed on for an extended period of time... The first time I saw the car on the dashboard light up with everything suddenly ajar, I thought, "...ummm....is the car telling me to evacuate...?! Is it gonna blow?!" LOL!

Since I rarely saw it, I never figured out what the issue was, but it's gotta be a short/faulty door(or trunk) switch/blown fuse somewhere. Fuses would be the easiest to start with...

2014 3.5L Coupe EX-L, 6AT, SNP
RIP:
2001 Acura CL Type S, NBP
1992 Accord EX Sedan, AGP
1983 Accord Sedan, Desert Tan

Relunctantly obsessed with the 2016 Sport wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco View Post
Idiots demand 'infotainment systems' and cameras all over so even cars that used to be lightweight and spartan are turning into rolling makeup rooms for neurotic metrosexuals.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.