Help with possible transmission issue? - Drive Accord Honda Forums |
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 10-20-2017, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
My First Post

Help with possible transmission issue?

Hey guys. I have a 96 Accord v6 that I've been working on. Recently, after replacing the power steering pressure line, I've been having a weird problem. Whenever I put it in reverse, the engine revs and shoots the car back while billowing white smoke from the exhaust. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thank you.

post #2 of 2 Old 10-20-2017, 07:31 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

White smoke is probably coolant burning; I'm guessing the engine revving hard isn't helping that. Is it an automatic or a manual transmission? Sounds like your car is slipping from whatever gear it is in, into reverse. The high revs are from it being in "neutral" between gear and then suddenly reverse kicking in makes the car jolt backwards.

Doesn't sound good in any case, white smoke and the sudden movement. Might be time to take it to a shop?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver

1989 Honda Prelude Si Coupe 2.0 B20A5 4WS 93k Granada Black Pearl
The Following User Says Thank You to enne For This Useful Post:
ericnault (10-23-2017)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.