What is P1399? My car starting throwing this code and it's not in this . Anybody know what this is? and are the only threads I found with 1399 relating to the v6, but they're not anything solid on how to go about fixing the issue. The only thing I've gathered from the 1399 is that it's a random cylinder misfire code. My Accord has thrown specific and random mis-fire codes before, p0300 - p0306, but it has only happened due to the Heat Soak
issue. another thread on the heat soak issue.
Outside of a possible spark plug or coil pack issue, I'm not finding any real solid leads on this code. I did find a couple other P1399 thread related codes, but they were for the i4.
As for what I am experiencing, my car will accelerate just fine from a stop as long as I keep the throttle under 2500 RPM. However, between 2500 RPM - 3000 RPM, she will vibrate and sputter and will have a lack of power between this specific range. Above 3000 RPM, all sputtering and vibrating goes away and power returns like normal. VTEC kicks in and she runs like she's supposed to. Driving on the freeway, I have to be driving at 2500 RPM or otherwise she'll just sputter and vibrate if I'm in that 2500 - 3000 RPM range.
Not sure if it matters, but she does need some TLC. I had been saving up to put in some TLC into my other car and spent that money earlier this week towards getting my other car done. I was hoping that my Accord wouldn't have any issues pop up as I can't spend money on both cars at the same time since money is a bit tight right now. But here's the TLC that my Accord will be receiving as soon as I can get the money for it:
- Spark plugs haven't been done in about 100k
- Valves need to be adjusted
- IM gasket needs to be replaced. I noticed some oil on it when I cleaned the EGR port a few months ago.
- Replace EGR valve. I'm also getting a p1491 code and I have cleaned out the EGR port a few months ago
- Replace IAC valve. I cleaned it a few months ago, but I don't think I did a good enough job of that so I want to replace it instead
- Replace valve cover gaskets. My car is leaking oil from here
Her TLC list is pretty long, but I'm not sure if doing all this will fix this new code or if it's related to something else. Will getting this TLC done on my Accord fix this new P1399 issue or could it be caused by something else?