Serpentine Belt squeal at start-up - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Serpentine Belt squeal at start-up

I have a 2000 Honda Accord EX 4cyl. I just recently replaced my serpentine belts, but now there is a squeal whenever I first start the car after it has been sitting for a few hours. Also, I notice the same squeal when I first turn on my A/C shortly after starting the car, but then goes away.

Is there an adjustment or tightning somewhere I need to do?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-08-2013, 05:28 AM
6th Gear

Apparently your alternator/AC belt needs to be tightened more. The Honda service manual shows the belt deflection should be 7 to 9mm between the pullies when you press on the belt. I presume you already know where the adjusting bolt and lock bolt are since you replaced the belt.
Honda also has a tension gage spec, but few people have one of those.

2000 Accord SE I4 F23A1 Auto - Sold miles & 10 years ownership
1998 Accord LX I4 F23A1 5 speed - sons DD in DC
1987 Accord LX 5 spd Owned for 17 years sold
1986 Accord LX Auto Totaled miles
1983 Accord LX 5 spd My Second Accord traded in
1978 Accord LX 5 spd My First Accord sold 100k
post #3 of 3 Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Serpentine Belt squeal at start-up

Thank you for the help!!!

Sent from

2000 Honda Accord EX 4-cyl Sedan
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.