F23a4/f23a1 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-26-2012, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

F23a4/f23a1

I'm trying to figure out what part i need, and my knowledge is very limited. i have a bad O2 sensor, and I'm told it's the one in front that connects to the manifold (visible from hood, not with the catalytic converter).

I have a 2000 Accord Ex, 4 cylinder sedan. VIN is JHMCG5653YC033365

I want a Denso OE Style, and have it narrowed down to part #234-9025 and part # 234-4620 (see below). Appears the difference lies with whether the engine is the F23A4 or F23A1. I have looked for the engraving on my engine which is supposed to say which it is, but I haven't been able to find it. Is there any other way to find out (such as with VIN?) There is an LEV sticker on the passenger window ..... so since it doesn't have ULEV or SLEV, I feel like I probably have the F23A1. But I want to be sure ... any thoughts?

Part # 234-9025:
EX, LX, SE
Engine: L4 (2.3L)
ID: F23A4 234-9025
(Air Fuel Ratio Sensor) F23A4 Engine; ULEV; ULEV; DENSO is the O.E. Manufacturer / Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Upstream OE Style

-or-
Part # 234-4620

EX, LX, SE
Engine: L4 (2.3L)
ID: F23A1 234-4620
(Oxygen Sensor) F23A1 Engine; DENSO is the O.E. Manufacturer 1 Upstream OE Style

Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-26-2012, 07:57 AM

I plugged your vin into the Honda parts catalog and came up with this:

SENSOR

post #3 of 9 Old 03-26-2012, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks. Followed the link but it didn't link to a particular part ... but I tried to duplicate what you said and found this Product ID : 36531-PAA-305. Is this the part you were linking me to?

post #4 of 9 Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 AM

Yes, thats the one I was thinking based on your description. You can always call CollegehillsHonda to be sure though.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-26-2012, 09:42 AM
6th Gear

If it turns our you need the Denso 234-4620, I just bought and installed one from Amazon.com
Better price than any other source I found plus free shipping.

2000 Accord SE I4 F23A1 Auto - Sold miles & 10 years ownership
1998 Accord LX I4 F23A1 5 speed - sons DD in DC
1987 Accord LX 5 spd Owned for 17 years sold
1986 Accord LX Auto Totaled miles
1983 Accord LX 5 spd My Second Accord traded in
1978 Accord LX 5 spd My First Accord sold 100k
post #6 of 9 Old 03-26-2012, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Yeah, their price can't be beat from what I've found. I'm pretty sure the 234-4620 is it ... I'm pretty sure I don't I have a ULEV engine.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-26-2012, 10:56 AM
4th Gear

Send a message via Skype™ to MusicMan374
If your engine is an F23A4, it will say ULEV on the head cover, and the oxygen sensor will be in the center, pointed straight ahead, like so:

If your engine is an F23A1, it will just say VTEC on the head cover and the oxygen sensor will be off center, pointed forward and to the passenger side, like so:

I have located the engine engraving before, but I forget where it is. I have an F23A4, mine is also going bad. You're lucky, the F23A1 sensors are considerably cheaper. ULEVs use wideband o2 sensors, that's the main difference.

Essentially, you can tell your engine by your head cover, if it doesn't say ULEV, it's not a ULEV
post #8 of 9 Old 03-26-2012, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks for the info - that was a great help. Went out at lunch and also found the engraving - which was exactly where I had looked this morning, but it was so covered in grime that wiping it didn't reveal anything until I added a little spit to it. Then the engraving showed. It is the F23A1, so it's the Denso 234-4620 ... $49.80 at amazon (

) which is $30.00 cheaper than Advance and Napa. Since just about all the Honda original parts under my hood are Denso, I feel pretty good about it ... now that I know for sure I'm getting the right part, that is.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Was pretty sure mine wasn't the ULEV, but
post #9 of 9 Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 AM
My First Post

engine engraving

i know its a little late but if your still looking for the engine engraving is to the left of the oxygen sensor under the radiator hose. kinda hard to see but its there it should say 23A1. and jus a hint the Honda original sensor is guna b a denso so your pretty much getting the same exact Honda OEM part for lik a third of the price Honda just doesn't want you to know that going aftermarket on some things is the same as buying directly from Honda
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.