CV Joint replacement on 98 Accord - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-10-2010, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Hondaman

CV Joint replacement on 98 Accord

I need to replace the CV joint on my 98 Accord (drivers side) and am going to replace the entire 1/2 shaft. Does anyone have (or can point me in the right direction) detailed instructions on the steps necessary to do this? Thanks.

Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-11-2010, 11:11 AM
6th Gear

Here is Eric the Car Guy doing a Honda axle and ball joints too. Your 98 Accord suspension will be very similar the the one he is working on. The large nut on the outer end of the axle can be very tight and requires a big socket and cheater bar to loosen. Even better if you have air tools like Eric.

2000 Accord SE I4 F23A1 Auto - Sold miles & 10 years ownership
1998 Accord LX I4 F23A1 5 speed - sons DD in DC
1987 Accord LX 5 spd Owned for 17 years sold
1986 Accord LX Auto Totaled miles
1983 Accord LX 5 spd My Second Accord traded in
1978 Accord LX 5 spd My First Accord sold 100k
post #3 of 4 Old 11-12-2010, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Hondaman

Thanks, great video and he's very entertaining too.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-12-2010, 11:13 AM
6th Gear

He has a great website ericthecarguy.com with lots more car repair videos.

2000 Accord SE I4 F23A1 Auto - Sold miles & 10 years ownership
1998 Accord LX I4 F23A1 5 speed - sons DD in DC
1987 Accord LX 5 spd Owned for 17 years sold
1986 Accord LX Auto Totaled miles
1983 Accord LX 5 spd My Second Accord traded in
1978 Accord LX 5 spd My First Accord sold 100k
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.