ebay suspension parts...any good? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-16-2010, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

ebay suspension parts...any good?

Hi guys, my 01 accord has 260K on it and the front end has some vibrations I'm thinking are related to ball joints or tie rod ends. I have seen several auctions on ebay consisting of most of these parts for under $200. This includes upper control arms with ball joint, lower ball joints and inner/outer tie rods. Has anyone used these parts or are they garbage? The local Napa wants $120 for one upper control arm alone!

2001 Honda Accord EX V6
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-16-2010, 08:18 AM

It depends on the brand. A lot of times you get the same brands that are sold at your local parts stores. NAPA is know to be really expensive so try another store.

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #3 of 8 Old 09-16-2010, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Here is the specific auction I am referring to...

2001 Honda Accord EX V6

post #4 of 8 Old 09-16-2010, 11:29 AM

Parts are made by

You should probably try local for warranty purposes or contact the seller for warranty details.

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #5 of 8 Old 09-17-2010, 12:06 PM
3rd Gear

i just redid my front end, Ball joints, bushings, wheel bearings, a-arms, control arms. Got it all off ebay. Just look at the warranty stuff. the guy i bought from also was able to tell me the brands of everything so it was the same stuff my auto store offers (only about $300 cheaper)
post #6 of 8 Old 09-18-2010, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrick1235 View Post
i just redid my front end, Ball joints, bushings, wheel bearings, a-arms, control arms. Got it all off ebay. Just look at the warranty stuff. the guy i bought from also was able to tell me the brands of everything so it was the same stuff my auto store offers (only about $300 cheaper)
Can you tell me which E-Bay store or seller you bought from?

2001 Honda Accord EX V6
post #7 of 8 Old 09-18-2010, 05:50 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgeorgi View Post
Can you tell me which E-Bay store or seller you bought from?

worldsuspension

They have a website too, worldsuspension.com... They are where i got almost all the parts from
post #8 of 8 Old 09-22-2010, 04:04 PM
SUSPENSION GURU

Comparisons of World Suspension vs others

World Suspension imports all of their product, the majority of it from China. Don't let this scare you off though as most of the suspension parts for aftermarket and OE use is now supplied by China (yes even BMW and Mercedes). There are however different grades available from China. World Suspension supplies mostly what would be considered an "economy" brand of part where other companies like the bigger chain parts stores offer "premium brands as well as ecomomy brands of parts. It all depends on what you want to put on your car and if the extra cost is worth it to you. The bottom line is the economy brands usually look pretty good but sometimes they use cheaper materials and/or manufacturing methods to keep their prices lower. I hope this helps.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.