Dirty Girl's Official Thread - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 06-14-2017, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Dirty Girl's Official Thread

I'm finally giving Dirty Girl the TLC she needs, and she's not AS dirty anymore! So, I figured, why not make a thread for her?

I installed a lot of what is in this box, and more needs to get installed still.

Driver side spray nozzle

It's hard to see, but you can see the hyper extension of the wiper blades as well as the poor contact quality of the old wiper blades on the glass

Before vacuuming

After vacuuming

This heffer was $150 over on as I couldn't find an aftermarket unit for Coupe. Though, aftermarket sedan units were readily available for around $70.

Normally, wiper blades aren't a very special item, but my old blades were something like 4yrs old so the new blades are a special item to me, LOL.

Yes, I painted the wiper blade arms!

New spray nozzles! On the old one closest to us, you can make out a blueish-white dot in the middle of the spray nozzle. That little guy made the spray ineffective and eventually caused the buildup in the other picture seen above

And the new wipers fully installed and properly aligned. It took me a little bit to get them aligned properly. I love the fact that when I use the wipers now, they don't hit the A-pillar nor the bottom splash guard

Inspire02 likes this.

2000 2dr. v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Greddy MX Exhaust | K&N Drop-in Filter | Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Eibach Pro Springs | KYB-GR2 Shocks | Eibach Sway Bars | Stereo stuff

'97 Thunderbird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake | PI Cams

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 06-14-2017, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Up next, I think is going to be a wash down of the engine bay as well as installing those "leakless gaskets" behind the thermostat. Sometime ago, I replaced the high pressure power steering hose to fix a leak it had, but my PS system somewhere still has a small leak as I have to add PS fluid to the system every 3 - 4 months or so. I've got to trace the source and fix it, but it'll have to wait for now.

2000 2dr. v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Greddy MX Exhaust | K&N Drop-in Filter | Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Eibach Pro Springs | KYB-GR2 Shocks | Eibach Sway Bars | Stereo stuff

'97 Thunderbird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake | PI Cams

post #3 of 29 Old 06-15-2017, 12:16 AM
4th Gear

I'm sure enne would say "about time"

Looks better. My mom's 6th gen still hasn't been replaced yet but I've been making a fixit list if I can get it. One of the things on the list is replace the spray nozzles. Was that hard?

2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6 20K (current)

Past cars
2002 Acura TL-S 206K
1996 Nissan Maxima SE 5-Spd 110K
1980 Volvo 242 GT 425K

Other Hondas in family
2017 Accord Sport (mom's)

Past Accords
2000 Accord EX-L V6 (mom's) 100.5K (transmission failed)

post #4 of 29 Old 06-15-2017, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

The spray nozzles were really easy. Just remove the hose with a flat head screwdriver, and use a set of pliers to remove the nozzles.

post #5 of 29 Old 06-15-2017, 07:34 AM
Rollin in FL

Garage
Gotta say this is a great thread, and I do see your vision for Dirty Girl. However, my suggestion is for you is try to make it as one of SoCal's cleanest Accords. Will be waiting to see the improvements and updates on your ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mine:
Lucky- 1999 Honda Accord LX 2.3L 4AT- 113K (SSM)

Parents:
Pato- 2016 Nissan Rogue SL 2.5L CVT- 45k (ABM)
Lelu 2.0- 2017 Acura MDX w/ Tech 3.5L 9AT-- 3k (BCP)

Long gone:
Lelu- 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/navi & res 3.5L- 151k (SGM)(traded-in)
2004 Hyundia Elentra Hatchback GLS- Idk miles (Silver) totaled
post #6 of 29 Old 06-15-2017, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by datechbpss101 View Post
Gotta say this is a great thread, and I do see your vision for Dirty Girl. However, my suggestion is for you is try to make it as one of SoCal's cleanest Accords. Will be waiting to see the improvements and updates on your ride.
Cleanest SoCal Accord? LOL, I can tell you that right now it's not going to happen. I have other priorities where my financial resources are needed at the moment. I'll do what I can, for sure, but things like repaint, or anything that's going to need lots of money, it's a no-go for now.

Once upon a time, my vision for my Accord was a J32A4 w/J32A3 TB, J35 Intake manifold, Injen or K&N CAI, DC headers, 6spd swap, a set of nice 18in wheels with the widest tire I can fit without rubbing and without aggressive camber (225 likely, but would also think of 235 and 245 if they could fit), Acura RL front brakes, Acura TL-S rear brakes, "decklid" spoiler, and OEM ground effects. None of that never happened, and at this point in time at my life, I don't think it will ever happen. If it does, it's because I don't want a new car and I have lots of money to spend, LOL.

That setup I know would get lots of head turning as well as be really quick being a 3200lbs car in the low 300HP range (100HP over stock J30A1 currently in it).

post #7 of 29 Old 07-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Rollin in FL

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsDontBurn View Post
Cleanest SoCal Accord? LOL, I can tell you that right now it's not going to happen. I have other priorities where my financial resources are needed at the moment. I'll do what I can, for sure, but things like repaint, or anything that's going to need lots of money, it's a no-go for now.

Once upon a time, my vision for my Accord was a J32A4 w/J32A3 TB, J35 Intake manifold, Injen or K&N CAI, DC headers, 6spd swap, a set of nice 18in wheels with the widest tire I can fit without rubbing and without aggressive camber (225 likely, but would also think of 235 and 245 if they could fit), Acura RL front brakes, Acura TL-S rear brakes, "decklid" spoiler, and OEM ground effects. None of that never happened, and at this point in time at my life, I don't think it will ever happen. If it does, it's because I don't want a new car and I have lots of money to spend, LOL.

That setup I know would get lots of head turning as well as be really quick being a 3200lbs car in the low 300HP range (100HP over stock J30A1 currently in it).
Been a month since DirtyGirl's thread has been active... what's the update on the ride CDsDontBurn ?

Mine:

Parents:

Long gone:
post #8 of 29 Old 07-06-2017, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

As of right now, no update. I've just been keeping her clean. She needs a bath and that'll happen this weekend for sure. I've also got tol try and figure out how to give her a wax job to keep the paint going for a little bit longer.

post #9 of 29 Old 07-06-2017, 05:23 PM
6th Gear

Keeping it clean is enough work for me too.
If you come into a bunch of money, just buy a new car.

2008 Coupe V6
post #10 of 29 Old 07-06-2017, 05:26 PM
Rollin in FL

Garage
Quote:
As of right now, no update. I've just been keeping her clean. She needs a bath and that'll happen this weekend for sure. I've also got tol try and figure out how to give her a wax job to keep the paint going for a little bit longer.
When I give Lucky and my other car a bath, I use a 2-in-1 formula that I bought from the Auto isle in Wal-Mart. And as of now, both cars, especially Lucky gives off that new car shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR4Lee View Post
You do know there is a risk of some type of electronic failure on new vehicles.

Mine:

Parents:

Long gone:
post #11 of 29 Old 07-06-2017, 05:36 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
True, but even 20 year old cars have computers. Do you trust reliability of a new computer, or a 20 yo one?
You could go with a really old car from before computers. Pick your poison.
CDsDontBurn likes this.

2008 Coupe V6
post #12 of 29 Old 07-07-2017, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I know. The moment I have the cash, I'm getting me a new F-150. I'm pretty set on one. I've driven the Chevy 1500 and I've been inside a Ram 1500, and the F-150 is what appeals to me.

Quote:
When I give Lucky and my other car a bath, I use a 2-in-1 formula that I bought from the Auto isle in Wal-Mart. And as of now, both cars, especially Lucky gives off that new car shine.
I use car wash.

Quote:
Quote:
True, but even 20 year old cars have computers. Do you trust reliability of a new computer, or a 20 yo one?
You could go with a really old car from before computers. Pick your poison.
This. And the likelihood of an electronic component failing is small.....unless it is a common failure of the vehicle, but that should make it recall worthy at that point. Also, our nearly 20yr old 6GA also have a PCM (computer)......so it's a moot point.

post #13 of 29 Old 07-07-2017, 07:38 AM
Rollin in FL

Garage
Quote:
I know. The moment I have the cash, I'm getting me a new F-150. I'm pretty set on one. I've driven the Chevy 1500 and I've been inside a Ram 1500, and the F-150 is what appeals to me.

I use car wash.

This. And the likelihood of an electronic component failing is small.....unless it is a common failure of the vehicle, but that should make it recall worthy at that point. Also, our nearly 20yr old 6GA also have a PCM (computer)......so it's a moot point.
Do you have all the specs for the F150? Those do tend to get expensive by the option. I am also thinking about getting an F150.

Mine:

Parents:

Long gone:
post #14 of 29 Old 07-07-2017, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

All I know what I want out of an F-150 is for it to have a minimum of quad cab and the 3.5L TT EcoBoost engine and other basic / standard features such as AC, Power Windows, and BT stereo / hands free calling. Anything else is just the cherry on top. Such a packaged F-150 goes for around $35k - $40k. If money were not an issue, there's one with dealer add-on features I've seen at my local Ford dealership that has the Coyote engine, lift kit, tow package, digital everything, and a list of features I can go on about but can't remember most of them and it's priced at $65k. Right now, both trucks are priced too far out for me.

post #15 of 29 Old 01-06-2018, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

I've been riding around like this for like two weeks. Had the bulb in earlier this week, but never had a chance to get it in.

All fixed up!

The old ones

I took care of this when I got them (came with the headlights as part of the same order). The old one - bottom - was dim and didn't work very well. The new one - top - is incredibly bright and works 100% of the time.

These will be replacing the bulbs in my gauge cluster sometime this weekend.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.