Battery group size for 2001 Accord Sedan? - Drive Accord Honda Forums |
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-14-2016, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Battery group size for 2001 Accord Sedan?

I have a 2001 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan and I am trying to find a new battery. My research says that the OEM spec is Group size 24 and CCA 500. I bought the car used 3 years ago and it has Group size 34 CCA 800 battery currently installed.

Does it make sense to keep the same specs or go back to OEM specs (especially group size 24) for new battery. I can get size 24 cca 700 or size 34 cca 800 for about the same price so cost is not a factor here.

post #2 of 2 Old 09-19-2016, 10:35 AM

Thanked 1,934 Times in 1,380 Posts
But a battery that fits with little to no modification. My 2005 4 cylinder auto came with a group 51r. When it went, I switched to the larger and more powerful group 24f and am happy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: