2.0 inch drop too much? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 11-14-2009, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

2.0 inch drop too much?

I'm looking at some Tein S-Tech Springs, and it says they drop 2.0 and 1.7. Is that too much? Does anyone have any pictures of it?

My friend tells me to go only 1.5 and 1.4, but if I do, then I will have to go with the same springs as my friend, which I don't really want to cause I like Tein. Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 11-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to A&Fbro28 Send a message via Yahoo to A&Fbro28
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilzantacboy View Post
I'm looking at some Tein S-Tech Springs, and it says they drop 2.0 and 1.7. Is that too much? Does anyone have any pictures of it?

My friend tells me to go only 1.5 and 1.4, but if I do, then I will have to go with the same springs as my friend, which I don't really want to cause I like Tein. Anyone have any suggestions?
Unless you do 18/19in wheels, it wont look good. Drop 1-1.5in and thats enough. I did H&R sport springs on my cl-s 6spd i previously owned. was 1.5"frt/1.3"rr. I had 18in Volk SE-37A's. Here are a few pix to give you and idea. The spring part numbers are the same for both cars by most spring makers.

Attachment 26901

Attachment 26902

Des,

Desmond,

2013 Honda FIT Sport w/ Navigation
5000k HID's, Leather seats, Full Harmon Kardon System System, Cusco Mid-Brace. 10mm rear spacers, Tanabe Medallion Exhaust, HPS short ram intake and Tein S-Tech springs with race header and more to come

08 Acura TL w/Technology Pkg

08 Taffeta White Honda Accord EX-L w/Navi Coupe (traded-in)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 Old 11-14-2009, 03:58 PM
1st Gear

anything less than a 2" drop on a 6th gen isnt even worth the money youll spend to get the springs and shocks, or whatever set up you buy.

post #4 of 26 Old 11-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Out of Control

So u think i should have gone lower on my acura? hell no...lol. Thats stupid.

Desmond,

5000k HID's, Leather seats, Full Harmon Kardon System System, Cusco Mid-Brace. 10mm rear spacers, Tanabe Medallion Exhaust, HPS short ram intake and Tein S-Tech springs with race header and more to come

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 26 Old 11-15-2009, 06:30 AM
5th Gear

Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
problem is, you will have to realign all the wheels. the positive camber from a resulting drop will wear your tires out in no time.
post #6 of 26 Old 11-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&Fbro28 View Post
Des,

Different cars. Yours looked good, but 6thGen Accords still have big gaps (especially the front) with a 1.5" drop.

2010 PMM Accord LX-P, TSX rear sway, GG lower grille, 35% tint, 50K+
2006 Toyo Sienna LE, 100K+
2002 Accord SE (sold), TL rear sway and upper strut bars
post #7 of 26 Old 11-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun View Post
Des,

Different cars. Yours looked good, but 6thGen Accords still have big gaps (especially the front) with a 1.5" drop.
There are same suspension. Part numbers for aftermarket springs are even the same. The reason for more gap is because stock the accord v6 coupe gets 16's whereas the cl got 17.

Desmond,

post #8 of 26 Old 11-15-2009, 01:01 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
i said 6th gen, as in an accord. an accord =/= a cl.

and since you asked, personally, yes, i think you shouldve went lower, but thats just me. also, could you please tell me how going lower than 2" is stupid? id really like to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
problem is, you will have to realign all the wheels. the positive camber from a resulting drop will wear your tires out in no time.
how is an needing an alignment a problem? also, you get negative camber when you lower a car, not positive, and no, it wont entirely cause your tires to wear out quickly. toe will. sure youll get camber wear if you have camber, but its nothing really to worry about. if you care about having camber, buy a camber kit, simple as that.

Quote:
There are same suspension. Part numbers for aftermarket springs are even the same.
thats because aftermarket spring/coilover companies save money by just listing it as for everything it will fit on, instead of individually testing and making specific shit for each specific car.

Quote:
The reason for more gap is because stock the accord v6 coupe gets 16's whereas the cl got 17.
the 16's also have a lager sidewall tire, so no, smaller wheels are not the reason for more wheel gap.

you also kind of contradict yourself by first saying that its the same suspension and then saying one has more wheel gap than the other. that doesnt make sense.

back ot tho, the tein springs would be fine for the op id say.
post #9 of 26 Old 11-16-2009, 05:32 PM

i did the eibach pro-kit and KYB-GR2 shocks w/eibach sways to boot. 2.25in. drop IIRC. pix in my intro thread if you wanna check it out.

Hello all

2000 2dr. v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Greddy MX Exhaust | K&N Drop-in Filter | Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Eibach Pro Springs | KYB-GR2 Shocks | Eibach Sway Bars | Stereo stuff

'97 Thunderbird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake | PI Cams

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness
post #10 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Alright, so I have decided on the type of springs I will be purchasing. I'm planning on purchasing the Tein S-Techs, that supposedly drop 2.0 and 1.7 on back I believe? Now, I was wondering do I need a camber kit for this?

Also, how much should I pay my friend for doing this? He is helping me with this modification cause I don't have the tools for this. I've heard around 50-60$ to 150-200 at dealers. I need help with this, thanks again everyone.
post #11 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 10:37 AM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilzantacboy View Post
Alright, so I have decided on the type of springs I will be purchasing. I'm planning on purchasing the Tein S-Techs, that supposedly drop 2.0 and 1.7 on back I believe? Now, I was wondering do I need a camber kit for this?

Also, how much should I pay my friend for doing this? He is helping me with this modification cause I don't have the tools for this. I've heard around 50-60$ to 150-200 at dealers. I need help with this, thanks again everyone.
That sounds very reasonable to be charging you under $100 for installation; I actually think that's a steal! You're going to need a camber kit eventually, if you're going to get coilovers just do it right the first time! You can ride without a camber kit for a little bit, but in due time you will need it..
post #12 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

alright, any suggestions for the camber kit? ANd thanks vixen for the advice. ^^
post #13 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 11:13 AM

You won't really "need" a camber kit, but it won't hurt anything. As sketch_o5 stated, toe will ruin your tires sooner than negative camber and toe can be corrected without a camber kit. Again, you can look at the other thread you started about springs to see pics of my car with the S-techs and DIY boat mod.

Lowering springs

2014 MSM Accord Sport Sedan 6M
post #14 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

I don't NEED one, but.. if I do get one... any specific brand that I should go? Thanks.

Honda Accord 1998 EX

Current Mods:
Painted Rims Black
Painted Calipers Red
Magnaflow Catback Exhaust 2.5"

TO COME:
Fujita CAI
Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
30-40% Tints
Meghann Racing Headers
post #15 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 11:19 AM
banned

Most people ride with the SPC camber kit. <<

I'm gonna be getting those after I get my coilovers..which I think is gonna be in 504549349 years..LOL!

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.