Having trouble finding bolt-on hubcaps for '99 Accord - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-07-2016, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Having trouble finding bolt-on hubcaps for '99 Accord

See thread title.

AutoZone and other local places seem to only have the snap-on option, and if you've followed my car's main thread you'll know that I tried a set of those and lost one after about 3 weeks. I do not want snap-on ones. I even had trouble with the first set I bought not being convex enough to fit over the steelies, so I had to go with the fake carbon fiber ones that fell off anyway. I park on the street, next to the curb, every day. I haven't curbed my new steel wheels since I got them in December, but any hubcaps I put on have to stay on.

I keep looking for 4-lug bolt-ons for my model year but all I find are 16"+ in size and I need 15", or they're 15" but they're snap-on or 5-lug. Or they're 4-lug, 1999 compatible with...the Civic. Ugh.

I've thought about getting a snap-on set that has the correct lug pattern, drilling out the fake lugs and actually bolting them on, but the spacing wouldn't be right, I'd imagine.

I know I could get factory refurbs but they're like $40-50 per hubcap, and I'm not paying $160 for four pieces of plastic to cover my steelies for the winter. I'll most likely end up getting brand new all-seasons mounted on actual wheels come spring/summer so these aren't going to be on forever.

Does anyone know where I can get affordable, bolt-on hubcaps for my car...? I don't know much about them besides what I've put here, like if I can substitute another model's for mine if they're the right size or whatever. I just wanna cover my wheels

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan 2.2 LN2 138K Sandrift Metallic
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-07-2016, 12:22 PM
5th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by enne View Post
See thread title.

AutoZone and other local places seem to only have the snap-on option, and if you've followed my car's main thread you'll know that I tried a set of those and lost one after about 3 weeks. I do not want snap-on ones. I even had trouble with the first set I bought not being convex enough to fit over the steelies, so I had to go with the fake carbon fiber ones that fell off anyway. I park on the street, next to the curb, every day. I haven't curbed my new steel wheels since I got them in December, but any hubcaps I put on have to stay on.

I keep looking for 4-lug bolt-ons for my model year but all I find are 16"+ in size and I need 15", or they're 15" but they're snap-on or 5-lug. Or they're 4-lug, 1999 compatible with...the Civic. Ugh.

I've thought about getting a snap-on set that has the correct lug pattern, drilling out the fake lugs and actually bolting them on, but the spacing wouldn't be right, I'd imagine.

I know I could get factory refurbs but they're like $40-50 per hubcap, and I'm not paying $160 for four pieces of plastic to cover my steelies for the winter. I'll most likely end up getting brand new all-seasons mounted on actual wheels come spring/summer so these aren't going to be on forever.

Does anyone know where I can get affordable, bolt-on hubcaps for my car...? I don't know much about them besides what I've put here, like if I can substitute another model's for mine if they're the right size or whatever. I just wanna cover my wheels
Honestly, a junk yard? Typically they have a ton of this stuff laying around and its usually pretty cheap! Looking on amazon probably couldn't hurt either.

2013 Honda Accord EX Crystal black Pearl 33K miles
2009 Infiniti G37x sedan Liquid Platinum 53K miles
post #3 of 4 Old 01-07-2016, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
I never use Amazon because things are almost always overpriced compared to eBay, and I've looked extensively on eBay. But I'll look later I guess. Junkyards around here are run by some nasty people and I don't want to give them my business. Dad says he can look around whenever he goes for something at the place we got my hood replacement, but he doesn't exactly make a ton of trips there...and there was only one 6th gen Accord there ('98), which is the same one we pulled the hood from.

1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black

1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan 2.2 LN2 138K Sandrift Metallic

post #4 of 4 Old 01-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Out of Control

Garage
Zip-ties might work, but are totally ghetto.

2007 Accord SE sedan; I-4 automatic
Advertisement

Tags
hubcaps, wheel covers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.