2002 Honda Accord SE - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 08-24-2009, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

2002 Honda Accord SE

Hey everyone!

Well, i just recently purchased a 2002 Honda Accord SE, im guessing its a very dark midnight blue, cause at night when the street-light hits it, you can see the blue tint. Yet in the day in loooks black. But, idc.

Anyways, im only 15 1/2. My first truck was a 2002 Dodge Dakota. Sold it to get a car that got better gas mileage. I was lookn at 2 door civics. But the 2 door accords, have much more space in them. So, i decided to go with that.

I CANT WAIT TO GET MY LICENSE, in january.
But i do have something on my mind, that i want to do to it.

Feedback, would be really appreciated.

Mods :
Tires and rims.
Lowering
Spoiler.
Body kit
Neon or LED for the interior.

Ill post pictures in a bit.

-Jordan

Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 08-24-2009, 06:54 PM
I snapped my G string....

Send a message via Yahoo to Honda247 Send a message via Skype™ to Honda247
Welcome and congrats. As far as your mod list is concerned, here is MHO...

Mods :
Tires and rims. I would lower the car first.
Lowering. Fist thing i would do..
Spoiler. Try to get OEM and not aftermarket.
Body kit. This one is totally up to you....
Neon or LED in the exterior. Don't do it.....

Other ppl may not agree with me. But this is MHO.....

2009 Civic EX TW
K&N Drop in Filter (33-2342)
Eibach SportLines (4.3140)
Apexcone Raptor V2 35W 5000K HIDs (9006)
Nokyas Hyper Yellow Stage1 2500k High/DRL (9005)
Nokyas Hyper Yellow Stage1 2500k Fogs (H11)
Painted Engine Cover

FRANCI5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 24 Old 08-24-2009, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Ok. Well im totally up for some feedback.

Question for you.
I dont want it to be super low.
Just a good drop.
Its completely stock right now.
What do you think would be a good drop size for it?

2004 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5MT
90K Miles

Mods
Spoiler
OEM Body Kit
19" Radius Rims
AEM Cai
Enkei Lowering Springs
Dual Exhaust

Future Mods
Black Housing Headlights
Headers
Fog Lights
HID's

post #4 of 24 Old 08-24-2009, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

WOOPS, i just caught something.
I dont wanna put the LEDS on the exterior.
I meant for the interior.

90K Miles

Mods
Spoiler
OEM Body Kit
19" Radius Rims
AEM Cai
Enkei Lowering Springs
Dual Exhaust

Future Mods
Black Housing Headlights
Headers
Fog Lights
HID's
post #5 of 24 Old 08-24-2009, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Ok. here are the pictures. Enjoy.

90K Miles

Mods
Spoiler
OEM Body Kit
19" Radius Rims
AEM Cai
Enkei Lowering Springs
Dual Exhaust

Future Mods
Black Housing Headlights
Headers
Fog Lights
HID's
post #6 of 24 Old 08-24-2009, 07:43 PM
I snapped my G string....

Send a message via Yahoo to Honda247 Send a message via Skype™ to Honda247
Inerior LEDs, that ok. As far as a drop, alot of ppl are going to say coilovers. They are adjustable. But there is also Ebach springs. I went with the prokits. 1" in the fron and 1.2" in the rear. Then there are sport lines, 1.5 in the front and can't remember the rear. Feels close to stock ride. But I'm sure other will chime in with other brands....

2009 Civic EX TW
K&N Drop in Filter (33-2342)
Eibach SportLines (4.3140)
Apexcone Raptor V2 35W 5000K HIDs (9006)
Nokyas Hyper Yellow Stage1 2500k High/DRL (9005)
Nokyas Hyper Yellow Stage1 2500k Fogs (H11)
Painted Engine Cover

FRANCI5

post #7 of 24 Old 08-24-2009, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Ok.
Well thanks.
Im not looken to make my car ricey.
Im lookn to call my car MINE. But then again, have the appearance of it nice and clean.

90K Miles

Mods
Spoiler
OEM Body Kit
19" Radius Rims
AEM Cai
Enkei Lowering Springs
Dual Exhaust

Future Mods
Black Housing Headlights
Headers
Fog Lights
HID's
post #8 of 24 Old 08-24-2009, 08:03 PM
The Canyon Guy

Send a message via AIM to juicebox00 Send a message via MSN to juicebox00 Send a message via Skype™ to juicebox00
welcome man, please don't put a body kit on the car, you'll regret it. if you want something like that get a lip kit which looks much nicer and won't cause people to call you a ricer. before you get rims lower your car. And i suggest you black house you headlights, it'll make your car look nice and all you need is a can of flat black spray paint
post #9 of 24 Old 08-24-2009, 08:14 PM
4th Gear

i have an 01 accord 4 door but i cant stand the exhaust, so i added a tip, try to change the exhaust add a better one or put a tip on it other than that i like the car
post #10 of 24 Old 08-24-2009, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Any suggestions on how much i should lower it?

90K Miles

Mods
Spoiler
OEM Body Kit
19" Radius Rims
AEM Cai
Enkei Lowering Springs
Dual Exhaust

Future Mods
Black Housing Headlights
Headers
Fog Lights
HID's
post #11 of 24 Old 08-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Out of Control

socal,

Great looking coupe. Maybe not what you want to hear, but before you throw money at mods you should get your maintenance up to date. Do you have any maint/repair records on it? If not, at 117K miles you're looking at (partial list):

-Fluid changes (oil, PS, trans, brake)
-Timing belt + water pump
-Brake pads (inspect them at least)
-Plugs, wires, cap + rotor
-Check with your dealer on recalls. An airbag recall (includes 02's) was announced a few months ago.

Others can chime in if I left off something.

2010 PMM Accord LX-P, TSX rear sway, GG lower grille, 35% tint, 50K+
2006 Toyo Sienna LE, 100K+
2002 Accord SE (sold), TL rear sway and upper strut bars
post #12 of 24 Old 08-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to A&Fbro28 Send a message via Yahoo to A&Fbro28
Thumbs up

Heres what i'd do...

-H&R Sport Springs 1.3" drop on that year Accord. I had 03 CL-S with these and they are the same springs. I'll post pix below my comments.
-Wait on rims until you need a new set of tires. It looks like you current tires are almost new. You get a better deal when you buy rims as a pkg.
-Spoiler get OEM but I think u should do like i did and buy from a company that makes copy of OEM. Mine came painted for $109 shipped on Ebay. Or you can buy from his Spoiler webstore>>
-Take that steering wheel cover off and get the leather wrapped. It's not much at Honda.
-Get OEM fog lights and get Ion yellow bulbs.
-Get blacked out headlight assemblies
-The neon interior lighting will be a nice touch (cool blue) and update reading/dome lights with white LED's.
-Get Silver Star 4000k Halogen bulbs. Give you better lighting w/o blinding oncoming traffic or get ebay HID's and make sure you aim lower thand stock.

Okay here's my CL with H&R Sport springs. The wheels are Volk SE37A's. I think 17/18's is the size you should go. I can get cheap through my sponser. I/M me or PM me for details.

Attachment 24486

Attachment 24487

BTW, Welcome to our family. You'll find this to be the most well run, mature import site on the web. If you need ANYTHING, let us know but do a search FIRST before asking ...

Des,

Desmond,

2013 Honda FIT Sport w/ Navigation
5000k HID's, Leather seats, Full Harmon Kardon System System, Cusco Mid-Brace. 10mm rear spacers, Tanabe Medallion Exhaust, HPS short ram intake and Tein S-Tech springs with race header and more to come

08 Acura TL w/Technology Pkg

08 Taffeta White Honda Accord EX-L w/Navi Coupe (traded-in)

post #13 of 24 Old 08-25-2009, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Cajun,
I had it inspected right after i got it at Firestone. I had to get my front engine mount replaced because it was broken. I need to get my timing belt changed at 120 K miles. Back brakes replaced, but they dont squeak as of now. Spark plugs need to be replaced because it hesititates a bit when it starts up.
I had the tires replaced, so im good on that.
Ya, that was my original idea, and i even told my parents that. I want to get everything fixed before i start doing upgrades on it.
Thanks for your input though.

A&Fbro28,
I had just replaced the tires on it because there was like nothing left on the thread.
Thanks so much for your input. I will look into everything you had mentioned. Can't really do it now cause im at school. But i will do it when i get home. I was thinking about putting a spoiler on, i just need to find one that looks good and its considered "ricey". But most likely the first thing I do after i get all the maintmence updated, is lowering it. Then i will do spoiler, then i will do some interior lighting. Or switch the list around a bit. Thank you again for your input.

-Jordan

90K Miles

Mods
Spoiler
OEM Body Kit
19" Radius Rims
AEM Cai
Enkei Lowering Springs
Dual Exhaust

Future Mods
Black Housing Headlights
Headers
Fog Lights
HID's
post #14 of 24 Old 08-26-2009, 05:56 AM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to dtraill27
deff dont do a body kit on the car it will look bad. a lip kit is way more tasteful and will give you the edge over the stock accords. as far as springs i recommend so tein s tech springs. it will give you a 2 inch drop. the eibach doesnt really go low enough and it will give your car the boat look(higher in the front than the rear). spoiler just go with the oem style one. i just got one from espoiler on ebay for 110 painted and shipped. it looks great i highly recommend it

2002 Accord Coupe Ex-L V6
post #15 of 24 Old 08-26-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun View Post
Maybe not what you want to hear, but before you throw money at mods you should get your maintenance up to date. Do you have any maint/repair records on it? If not, at 117K miles you're looking at (partial list):

-Fluid changes (oil, PS, trans, brake)
-Timing belt + water pump
-Brake pads (inspect them at least)
-Plugs, wires, cap + rotor
-Check with your dealer on recalls. An airbag recall (includes 02's) was announced a few months ago.

Others can chime in if I left off something.
Be sure to use oem parts which will last much longer than most of the aftermarket stuff out there. The PS fluid should be ok. My dealer never wanted to touch it unless I was having a prob with it. If you want to get some fresh fluid in there use a turkey baster to draw some of the old stuff out and replace with some new fluid.

Be sure to only use the oem replacements for the plugs...either NGK or Densos. They are around $12 each at AZone or AA. These stores carry plat. tipped plugs for around $3 but those will not last 100k. Get the regular platinum ones. I'd skip new wires. They can last a long time and are very expensive. At least the oem ones are. The service mgr at the Honda dealer said not to worry about them but I had them replaced anyway. I've heard the same thing from others also but it was after the fact. Might as well replace the rotor and cap though.

Put a new oem pcv valve in there. About $13 at . Don't get cheap aftermarket one since the springs in those tend to break. When the pcv valve goes bad many times you will start guzzling oil. Check your oil level at least every 2 weeks when the engine has been off for 3hrs plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal23 View Post
Cajun,
I had it inspected right after i got it at Firestone. I had to get my front engine mount replaced because it was broken. I need to get my timing belt changed at 120 K miles. Back brakes replaced, but they dont squeak as of now. Spark plugs need to be replaced because it hesititates a bit when it starts up.
I had the tires replaced, so im good on that.
Ya, that was my original idea, and i even told my parents that. I want to get everything fixed before i start doing upgrades on it.
My last few experiences with Firestone haven't been good. Wheel weights kept falling off, the belts in the tires shifted since they sold me a non-speed rated tire. Only got 30k out of a 60k tire. After using the warranty a new tire would cost $92 each installed. When I brought the car in at 58k they wanted to do the timing belt service and a bunch of other stuff totalling $1200.

Try your local dealer or a good indy shop specializing in Hondas.

Save the mod. money for future repairs and preventative maintenace like Cajun mentioned. If your trans. goes out that will cost $2-3k and if you don't have the money to fix it then you and the car go no where fast.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.