1999 honda accord alignment specs - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-22-2009, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
1999 honda accord alignment specs

hey all,

i was wondering if you could help me out. today, i went to firestone for a 1pm appt for my lifetime alignment ($150 bucks give you unlimited alignments for the life of the car, awesome deal that i think is definitely worth it).

unfortunately, some problems came up with them today, namely honestly and apparently doing their job correctly. they lied to me about my car being in the bay when it wasn't, and then they lined up the car with 1996-2000 civic specs, instead of the accord specs. needless to say, i wasn't happy with the service there at all, and never plan on returning to that location. granted, the other experiences with firestone were excellent, so i'm sure that it's probably a isolated incident.

could someone post up good numbers for what my car should be aligned to, using their specs please? or a range of numbers so that i know that the car was lined up correctly?

thanks...

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 20xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-22-2009, 01:29 PM
___
_____

This turned up for me when I searched:

Haha I dunno how much you'd want to trust that source though..

post #3 of 10 Old 08-22-2009, 02:33 PM
banned

Stiller Fan:

I had my '02 aligned by my dealer last Fall (shortly after I bought the car).

Is your '99 an I4 or V6?

Alignment specs are possibly different, depending upon which engine. But otherwise, I'd say they are likely the same. I can dig out my spec printout and post, if you like.

Word of advice: Don't let them try to sell you a "camber adjustment kit" for the rear end, unless you need or want it. Just another BS routine for the SA and the alignment guy to make more $$$$. They wanted to "blow" me for $189.99, for a right-rear CAK when, in fact, there was absolutely no problem to correct. After me inspecting my car, on the rack, looking for damaged/worn out parts, I told my SA, "FTS! Align my car, just like it is." (FTS = Forget That SH**!)

As you point out, you gotta WATCH these guys who do alignment/suspension work. Some of them can act like "Bozo The Clown."

I paid only $79 for a complete four-wheel alignment. Car drives/rides like a Million Bucks!

post #4 of 10 Old 08-22-2009, 05:55 PM

Alignment specs, appear to be the same for both engines and bodies:

camber front: zero (non adjustable), will go negative over time. Any more than -.5, the suspension needs to be checked for bad ball joints, worn bushings, or bent parts. Side to side (my preference) is .25 degrees, with right being more negative. If way out, adjustable upper arms/ball joints may be needed.

caster front: 2* 48' (2.8 degrees) Side to side (again my preference) is up to .5 degrees more positive on the right. Nothing you can do if it's out.

Camber rear: -30' (-.5 degrees) (non adjustable) will probably be more negative. Any more than 1 degree negative is excessive and camber kits are necessary. Both sides should be the same.

Toe front: Zero. No deviation if you want the tires to live.
Toe rear : 1mm IN per side, total 2mm IN Must be at this or slightly more IN per side to keep rear end stable. No more than 3mm total in.

Oh, btw, the 1998 here at home has only ever been checked ONCE in 240k. That was when the trans was installed, as I had the forward half of the subframe out.

Sapphire blue '04 V6 6 speed w/ full HFP, comptech ss, momo shadow, TL-S 27.2h/20 bars, intake spacer, retro chrome MH1 HIR2 highs, hella DE fogs, EBC Ultimax, subwoofer/amp, infinity rears, HD Radio, aux adapter, navi conversion.

Vermilion 1999 SVT F150 Lightning, Sylvania/Visteon Xenarc HID headlamps, '01 L turn/marker lamps, PIAA fogs, '01 up Bilstein shocks, all Pioneer speakers, Clarion subwoofer. All Redline fluids.

Silverstone 2003 Honda S2000, bone stock
post #5 of 10 Old 08-22-2009, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
fred,

for the toe rear, can you give that to me in degrees? i'm going off the printout that i have in front of me (for my "civic")....

this is what i have so far (again, this is for my honda "civic". i may take it elsewhere tomorrow to double check their work if i feel it's necessary):

camber (front): (L) -0.2 deg (R) -0.1 deg
caster: none reported
toe (front): (L) -0.01 deg (R) -0.02 deg

cross camber (front): -0.2 deg
total toe (front): -0.03 deg

camber (rear): (L) -1.0 deg (R) 0.0 deg
toe (rear): (L) +0.14 deg (R) +0.12 deg

cross camber (rear): -1.1 deg
total toe (rear): +0.27 deg

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 20xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
post #6 of 10 Old 08-23-2009, 09:50 AM

Based on what I'm seeing, the front is set up wrong. It's got slight negative camber, combined with toe-out will rip the inner edges of the tires.

Caster readings should be automatic as it's part of doing the setup of the machine. Someone's not doing their job properly.

The rear camber isn't correct either. I've never seen a car with zero camber on the rear end. negative 1.0 is borderline, how much fuel was in the car when it was checked?

I have not been able to find a conversion calculator for mm to decimal degrees. Their machine should do it. Based on what I'm looking at .25 degrees is approx 3mm. But the conversion varies depending on wheel/tire size.

The place that did my car has a machine that will convert to any measurement that's out there.

Sapphire blue '04 V6 6 speed w/ full HFP, comptech ss, momo shadow, TL-S 27.2h/20 bars, intake spacer, retro chrome MH1 HIR2 highs, hella DE fogs, EBC Ultimax, subwoofer/amp, infinity rears, HD Radio, aux adapter, navi conversion.

Vermilion 1999 SVT F150 Lightning, Sylvania/Visteon Xenarc HID headlamps, '01 L turn/marker lamps, PIAA fogs, '01 up Bilstein shocks, all Pioneer speakers, Clarion subwoofer. All Redline fluids.

post #7 of 10 Old 08-24-2009, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredsvt View Post
Based on what I'm seeing, the front is set up wrong. It's got slight negative camber, combined with toe-out will rip the inner edges of the tires.

Caster readings should be automatic as it's part of doing the setup of the machine. Someone's not doing their job properly.
i about figured as much.... she'll go in for a re-alignment today after my appt to get the noisy wheel bearing fixed, along with the driver's side window (chattering when going up)....

prior vehicles:
post #8 of 10 Old 08-24-2009, 09:39 AM

Like you said earlier try a different Firestone shop. Since my experience with them has varied by location.

For the window chatter get some silicone spray($3) and generously spray the window (side and top) channels. Makes a world of difference and prolongs the life of the window regulators. I1 told me about this. Try not to get the spray on the black trim or it will get stained. Isopropyl alcohol will remove the stains though.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-24-2009, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

that was already tried with the widow channels.... no help there...

prior vehicles:
post #10 of 10 Old 08-24-2009, 02:06 PM

The "felt" covering on the inside of the run channels has probably worn away.
As long as the window seems to move at a consistent speed even tho it's bouncing, a new run channel weatherstrip is probably needed.

Civics seem to eat these for lunch on a regular basis, both 2 and 4 doors.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.