2002 Accord EX-V6 Coupe Review. - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-03-2009, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Go Black and Gold.

2002 Accord EX-V6 Coupe Review.

We have had our 2002 Accord EX-V6 Coupe since August of 2002. It currently has 104.7K miles on it and will have over 106K when I get back out to Colorado. This car has been fantastic and hasn't given use any trouble at all. Given this newly added section I thought I would write a review of this car. I know it is long so read it only if you want to know my feelings about the car.

My dad purchased it to replace his 1996 Accord EX-L 4-cylinder sedan, which he passed down to me to use in High School. We looked at several different cars to replace the 96 including waiting for an 03 but finally decided on this Accord. At the time the dealer didn't have any coupes on the lot, but tracked one down for us at another dealership. My dad originally wanted another 4-cylinder sedan but I talked him into the V6 coupe. I always loved the look of the 6th generation coupe. After driving it for close to six years my dad passed it down to me this summer as a college graduation present and bought himself an 06 Accord EX-V6 sedan.

This car was the third Honda my family purchased and it continues to impress us. It has been a very good all around daily driver. It has been reliable, comfortable, is fun to drive with more then enough power, and gas millage has also been pretty good.

Lets start with reliability. This car has never let us strayed or given us any problems at all. The only thing this car has needed done was routine maintenance and didn't require a lot of that until the 100K mileage maintenance service was needed. I still don't worry one bit about driving the car from Colorado to Michigan.

2011 Odyssey EX-L Smoky Topaz Metallic-Mom's
2010 Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD NAVI White Diamond Pearl-Dad's
2008 Civic LX Coupe Alabaster Silver Metallic-Sister's
2006 Accord EX V6 Sedan Carbon Bronze Pearl-Future BIL's
2003 Accord EX V6 Sedan Desert Mist Metallic-Brother's
2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe San Marino Red-Mine

Gone But Not Forgotten
2002 Accord EX V6 Sedan Nighthawk Black Pearl
2000 Odyssey LX Dark Emerald Pearl
1996 Accord EX-L Sedan Heather Mist
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-03-2009, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
Go Black and Gold.

continued.......
This car has certainly surprised us with comfort and interior room. We worried a little about this since it was a coupe. This car does everything we ask of it. If there is an item we need to get that is too large to fit in the coupe it is usually too large for our other Accord sedans as well, that's what the Odyssey is for. We have also carried passengers in the rear seat several times with out problems. I'm 6' and I don't have any problem siting back there. We have even managed to fit five passengers in this car, and it wasn't anymore cramped that it would have been in our 02 sedan. Then there is is the front seats and front seat room. The seats in our 02 sedan can't come close to the the ones in the coupe. After driving the coupe the last few months the sedan now feels cramped. I just made a 18.5 hour one day drive back to Michigan for Christmas and felt fine. I made a similar drive last summer in the sedan and was very sore afterwards.

Like the other Accords we have owned this car is fun to drive. It is no sports car but I have never founded the car boring to drive. It also handles pretty well for a daily driver. One day I may pick up a used sports car for pure driving experiment, but for a daily driver I am more then happy with the way the Accord drivers. I am also still very much pleased with the amount of power this car has especially in the Rocky Mountains. In fact sometimes I still feel it has a little more power then I need.

Despite the amount of power that this car has it gets pretty good gas mileage. When my dad was driving it he would get low 20's on his all city surface street drive to work. I have been getting mid 20's on my mostly city expressway driving to school, which includes a good bit of stop and go traffic. Both of us usually meet or surpass the EPA 28 mpg rating on the highway by getting between 29-30 mpg. My dad has also been able to get above 30 mpg on a few occasions.

Overall this car has been everything that we thought it would be and more. We are very happy with it and we don't have many negative things to say about this car. The only things I would change would be for it to have some of the extra features that our two 7th generation Accords have but that is it. Here's to another 100K.

Gone But Not Forgotten
post #3 of 6 Old 01-03-2009, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
Go Black and Gold.

Pictures:

Some wear on the driver seat, only interior wear.

Gone But Not Forgotten

post #4 of 6 Old 01-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to A&Fbro28 Send a message via Yahoo to A&Fbro28
Very good looking car. Makes me miss my San Marino Red Prelude SH. Clean up that engine...wink.

Desmond,

2013 Honda FIT Sport w/ Navigation
5000k HID's, Leather seats, Full Harmon Kardon System System, Cusco Mid-Brace. 10mm rear spacers, Tanabe Medallion Exhaust, HPS short ram intake and Tein S-Tech springs with race header and more to come

08 Acura TL w/Technology Pkg

08 Taffeta White Honda Accord EX-L w/Navi Coupe (traded-in)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-07-2009, 09:55 AM
1st Gear

That car looks fantastic for a 2002 model. My 2001 V6 Coupe looks like it's been in Cheznya for the last two years compared to yours. I agree, though..it's darned reliable. Never gotten within 7mpg of 30mpg, though...
post #6 of 6 Old 01-08-2009, 01:12 PM
AC6DN

I have a 4-D, 4-cyc (F23A4) 2001. Its my sports car on the weekends (23-26 MPG), and commuter car daily (26-30 MPG)...

Bruce - AC6DN:
Honda Accord, 2001, 2.3L (L4), F23A4, 4D EX - My main car
Ford Taurus, 1992, 3.8L V6, - Trany prob's
Toyota 4x4 Extra Cab Truck, 2.4L SR5, 22RTE (Turbo) 1987, I still have.
Honda Accord, 1984, 1800cc? L4,
Plymouth Arrow, 1978?, 1800cc?, L4 (POS)
Chevy, Monza, 1976, 350cu, V8, My funnest car, think muscle car, poorly made...
Olds Starfire? 1975, 231cu odd fire, V6,
My first car, 1965 Chevy Impala 283cu V8, (I got during the mid 1980)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.