P1259 - 99 2.3 VTEC Solenoid Diagnosis - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-08-2013, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
2007 Accord EX-L 4D 5MT

Garage
P1259 - 99 2.3 VTEC Solenoid Diagnosis

I was looking up my P1259 and the search returned a lot of "check oil" and "clean solenoid" responses. My oil is fine, so I started looking for how to clean. Didn't really find anything so I went to youtube. I found this excellent troubleshooting video, which tells you more than you ever wanted to know about the VTEC pressure switch and solenoid. I'm posting it here in case anyone else is looking for P1259 troubleshooting.

Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-09-2013, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
2007 Accord EX-L 4D 5MT

Garage
I got a chance to check out the solenoid yesterday afternoon. It had a lot of oil in the solenoid (green) plug so I cleaned it out as well as I could. After disconnecting the battery I used CRC QD Electronic cleaner spray to clean it out and then compressed air to blow out/dry both sides of the connector.

I did not remove it from the engine because of how hard the bolts are to reach. I think I got it pretty clean, but if the code comes back I'll take it off the car and clean it again on the bench before trying a new part. I've got to go to the pick-it yard anyway so I will try to pick up a spare if they have one.

I did take some photos, will try to post tonight.

post #3 of 4 Old 09-09-2013, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
2007 Accord EX-L 4D 5MT

Garage
I don't drive the car every day but drove it tonight and the P1259 has not returned yet. I hammered it pretty well to make it get into VTEC range at least 10 times, no code yet. Seems my cleaning took care of it, at least for now.

Here are some photos...
Attached Images

post #4 of 4 Old 09-16-2013, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
2007 Accord EX-L 4D 5MT

Garage
Update: the code came back this weekend. Guess I'm going to have to get another solenoid.
Advertisement

Tags
p1259, vtec pressure switch, vtec solenoid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.