reattaching a 2002 honda accord rearview mirror - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-14-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
My First Post

reattaching a 2002 honda accord rearview mirror

I have an '02 Honda Accord. The rearview mirror got knocked off with my son's head last week. (Ouch!). Anyway, can someone help me with removing the base of it so I can reglue it? I called the local Honda dealership and they wanted $45 to reattach it. Glue only costs $2! It is a regular mirror, not anything special.

Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Out of Control

what base do you need to remove?

not sure how it is on hondas, but on our caravan there was a small screw that holds the mirror assembly to a small metal thing that is glued onto the windshield. the mirror in that thing fell off at least 4 or 5 times in the ~7 years we had it.

2006 BMW 330i 6MT (Alpine White/Terra)
post #3 of 7 Old 03-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Yes, I am a guy

mine fell off when i had my caravan. my friend was dancing and WHAMO smacked my rear view down. basically just go to autozone, or the local auto store. they have a kit to fix it. really easy, takes like 15-20 minutes.

Codename: Trisha
2007 Honda Accord VP Alabaster Silver Metallic + fujita cai + tein basics + dampachi :) + 17mm rsb + TSX wheels
1989 Dodge Caravan LE(RIP BUDDY)

31.81 MPG!!!!

post #4 of 7 Old 03-14-2007, 03:12 PM
ready to go....

Send a message via AIM to princess
I can't find anything on the base part....just this.....
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 02 rearview mirror.pdf (27.0 KB, 1025 views)
post #5 of 7 Old 03-14-2007, 07:58 PM
<error: divide by zero>

If the base is still on, you need no glue. just twist it back on.

Mike M

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wheels,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(temp and Maplights),
post #6 of 7 Old 03-15-2007, 11:55 AM
39.1 going on 40mpg!

the metal plate twists out of the plastic base. If the metal plate was released from the windshield (ie nothing is stuck on the windshield), get a rear view mirror attachment adhesive kit from walmart or auto zone or something and just stick it back on the windshield with the metal plate still attached to the mirror.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-15-2007, 12:22 PM
insomnia rules me :(

some pics would be nice

97 2.2 SE Honda Accord has 218k
things to do list: lets just say long right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwcool
u kiddin me, mkiv's are the messiah, suffering for other cars so all the bastard children hondas can roam problem free, ignorant of the sacrifice all us dubbers make
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.