Katzkin Leather Interior Installed - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 05-29-2013, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Katzkin Leather Interior Installed

I recently had my new Katzkin leather interior installed in my 8thgensedan and wow, what a difference. I opted for the black, with contrast white stitching, and perforated inserts, and seat heaters. It completely changed the interior and smells great! Probably the best mod I've done (along with an HID retrofit)

I absolutely love this product. The leather is truly a higher caliber than OEM. I went to the dealer to compare the feel of the Katzkin and OEM leather and I can say with confidence the Katzkin leather feels...thicker and more durable.

I did not get the door panels installed yet but I have the leather pieces. I'll probably do that on my own when I replace the wood trim for silver (next mod on the list). This is a great after market alternative to paying thousands more for the EX-L version of the car. I think when I bought the car the EX-L would've cost me an additional $4000 over the EX whereas this mod only cost $1500

Here are some pictures after just conditioning them (which is why there appears to be a residue).

Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 05-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Four Doors/Three Pedals

They look very nice ( ) and they are very affordable, but I'm just very leery of having seats that will produce 2nd degree burns after sitting in the sun for awhile.

2013 Honda Accord EX 2.4L 6MT MSM
OEM Splash Guards
OEM Door Visors
OEM Moonroof Visor
FormFit Hood Air Deflector
Horn Upgrade
Pilot Genuine Black Leather Steering Wheel Cover
K&N 33-2498
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus
--
├┼┼╕
246R
post #3 of 28 Old 05-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Low Gear

Nice. Details?? DIY?

I would re-do my EX-L when it's time. Since Honda used garbage "leather" now.

2016 Accord EX I4, 2010 Accord EX-L V6, 2017 Accord Sport

post #4 of 28 Old 05-30-2013, 12:59 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thgensedan View Post
when I replace the wood trim for silver
Hmm, you don't like the wood trim? I'm not so sure I'm keen on my silver. Perhaps a trade could be in order.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L w Nav Black on Black Manual
post #5 of 28 Old 05-30-2013, 01:53 PM
4th Gear

This thread alone has convinced me to buy a set of Katzkin for my 8th gen coupe.

I wasn't sure if they were going to look that "tight", as opposed to the normal seatcovers from Walmart which jostle all over everytime you get in the car/get out the car/re-adjust yourself/or anything else.

No complaints???????

Let me know how well they hold up....Will probably be a few months before I order mine.

I've got a tan/black interior, with tan seats, I think I will choose black leather for the covers....Anybody have pics of this setup ??? I think the black seats with just the tan accents should look pretty sweet.
If no pics, or nobody has done this yet, I suppose I'll have to throw up some pics when I get it done.

Thanks for posting the pics and making the thread!! I am convinced!
post #6 of 28 Old 05-30-2013, 02:30 PM
3rd Gear

Thumbs up

Quote:
I recently had my new Katzkin leather interior installed in my 8thgensedan and wow, what a difference. I opted for the black, with contrast white stitching, and perforated inserts, and seat heaters. It completely changed the interior and smells great! Probably the best mod I've done (along with an HID retrofit)

I absolutely love this product. The leather is truly a higher caliber than OEM. I went to the dealer to compare the feel of the Katzkin and OEM leather and I can say with confidence the Katzkin leather feels...thicker and more durable.

I did not get the door panels installed yet but I have the leather pieces. I'll probably do that on my own when I replace the wood trim for silver (next mod on the list). This is a great after market alternative to paying thousands more for the EX-L version of the car. I think when I bought the car the EX-L would've cost me an additional $4000 over the EX whereas this mod only cost $1500

Here are some pictures after just conditioning them (which is why there appears to be a residue).

Where did you get it installed how much was it for everything btw it looks really good
post #7 of 28 Old 05-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Doc Mojo

can't go wrong with katzkins... i installed mine and loved it!

'09 Honda Accord EX I4 Sedan
CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL- "RAVEN"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 28 Old 05-30-2013, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

I had it installed by a shop in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. A little far away from New Jersey, I'm afraid. It took them only 2 hours to do it but they have a dedicated team of people that do Katzkin installations all day long. Try to look for shops that also serve new car dealers.

90% of the Katzkin installs my shop does are for new car dealers, and 10% from retail walk in customers like myself. Usually in such cases their work will be high quality, as evidenced by my installation which turned out great. The "tightness" issue was definitely a concern of mine, but with with the way the leather pieces are designed, and with a decent installer that concern is nonexistent I found. I'm really happy with it and there are no signs of "looseness"

I paid $1500 + tax for all labor, leather, and heaters. The heaters alone were a $300 option so the base leather package is $1200 installed.
post #9 of 28 Old 05-30-2013, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
They look very nice ( ) and they are very affordable, but I'm just very leery of having seats that will produce 2nd degree burns after sitting in the sun for awhile.
As the days turn hotter I have found this to be very true. But after 3-5 minutes of blasting the A/C it's not so bad.
post #10 of 28 Old 05-30-2013, 07:02 PM
5th Gear

I was expecting pictures by the title of your post
post #11 of 28 Old 05-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Doc Mojo

That's awesome price for TO. I think I paid $800-900 for the katzkin and did the install myself. Having it done professionally is worth it.... way too much labour on my own.

Quote:
I had it installed by a shop in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. A little far away from New Jersey, I'm afraid. It took them only 2 hours to do it but they have a dedicated team of people that do Katzkin installations all day long. Try to look for shops that also serve new car dealers.

90% of the Katzkin installs my shop does are for new car dealers, and 10% from retail walk in customers like myself. Usually in such cases their work will be high quality, as evidenced by my installation which turned out great. The "tightness" issue was definitely a concern of mine, but with with the way the leather pieces are designed, and with a decent installer that concern is nonexistent I found. I'm really happy with it and there are no signs of "looseness"

I paid $1500 + tax for all labor, leather, and heaters. The heaters alone were a $300 option so the base leather package is $1200 installed.

post #12 of 28 Old 05-30-2013, 08:02 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:

Wow that's way cheaper than what I was thinking it would run for and I have the exl so it comes with leather but as you probably know the quality is horrible so to see how these came out gives me hope for a better interior in the near future and thank you for your detailed respond
post #13 of 28 Old 05-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Doc Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010accordv6 View Post
I was expecting pictures by the title of your post
he posted them on his 1st post

post #14 of 28 Old 05-30-2013, 09:05 PM
1st Gear

i may have to get this eventually. Stock leather is garbage.
post #15 of 28 Old 05-30-2013, 09:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickryba55 View Post
i may have to get this eventually. Stock leather is garbage.
amen to that! the leather on the driver side on my accord coupe is already cracking even though its a 4 year old car. The 'leather option' isn't even real leather, its a vinyl. I found this out because i was taking apart my shift boot, ebrake boot and center console to find out not a single piece was leather, and the seats are of the same material. Also, my passenger seat looks all effed up because of the heaters installed. I'm not sure if i want to get 2 new front seats like Corbeau's or Sparco's, or just get some Katzkins.

Quote:
I had it installed by a shop in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
What is the business called? I'm interested to see what they can do. I don't live far from you.

Black Accord EXL Coupe
YouTube Account: milmast =>

Instagram Account: milmast =>
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.