Has anyone else NOT fixed their VTC Actuator problems? - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 47 Old 04-10-2013, 10:06 AM
2008 Accord Coupe EX

There's a recall for this problem,i had mine fixed about 2 years ago i have not had an issue since.

Advertisement

post #17 of 47 Old 04-10-2013, 10:14 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboyaccord View Post
There's a recall for this problem,i had mine fixed about 2 years ago i have not had an issue since.
A TSB is not the same a recall. Are you certain there was a RECALL?

2008 EX-L Coupe 2.4 ASM
post #18 of 47 Old 04-10-2013, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33rd View Post
Im not sure but I just spoke with a representative onine and they are going to call me today.

Is there any information I should have handy when they call?

2008 Accord Coupe LX-S

post #19 of 47 Old 04-10-2013, 11:20 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrillOG View Post
Im not sure but I just spoke with a representative onine and they are going to call me today.

Is there any information I should have handy when they call?

For me, the fact that I had told my Honda tech about the problem 3 times prior to them doing anything about it, and while my car was under warranty, paired with the TSB, thats all they needed. If you didnt try to get it fixed while under warranty, good luck.

2008 EX-L Coupe 2.4 ASM
post #20 of 47 Old 04-10-2013, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

ill report back

2008 Accord Coupe LX-S
post #21 of 47 Old 04-10-2013, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

I was reading about someone considering following a class action law suit

2008 Accord Coupe LX-S
post #22 of 47 Old 04-14-2013, 06:14 PM
2008 Accord Coupe EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33rd View Post
autobeef.com
post #23 of 47 Old 04-16-2013, 08:48 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny_379 View Post
I have the V6 model. It doesn't make that sound, but it makes this sound. It's a known problem on the V6 models. I don't know what it is. I think it might be the starter.
Mine does the exact same thing. I have no clue what it is.
post #24 of 47 Old 02-16-2017, 09:45 PM
1st Gear

Hi everyone can anyone help me please.
Am having a 2014 Accord L4 CVT
It's only 32k on its odometer. Last couple of weeks before when I start in the cold morning I heard a grinding noise for couple of seconds. When I checked for VTC actuators it's only for 2008 Accord and HRV models and I couldn't find anything like this for 2014 Accord L4 models. Do anyone know is that a VTC complaint or is that 2014 also affected this problem? If I change VTC does it make any problems to the car and also if I don't change any issues for future. Anyone please help me out. Spending money and it's like this.
Thanks
Thanks
post #25 of 47 Old 02-22-2017, 11:42 AM
1st Gear

You're under warranty. It's still the dealer/factory's problem, not yours.
post #26 of 47 Old 02-27-2017, 05:48 PM
1st Gear

The noise almost never happens if I wait for 2 seat belt warning beeps in the run position before starting. My theory is that it has a higher chance of happening if fuel pressure is low. This gives the fuel pump time to run to raise the pressure. It runs for a bit longer than the length of two seat belt warning beeps to "prime" after turning the key to the run position with the engine stopped, and also runs continuously while the engine is turning. You can only hear the fuel pump running in the back when the engine is stopped and you're in a very quiet location.
The Following User Says Thank You to dreamlayers For This Useful Post:
internalaudit (07-13-2017)
post #27 of 47 Old 07-11-2017, 01:47 PM
My First Post

We have a 2013 Accord LX and we are having this exact issue. I found this post and wanted to let people in on some 'new' information. We brought it into the dealer since we are still under warranty, they diagnosed it as the VTC actuator issue and scheduled us with an appointment which was supposed to be for tomorrow. I called to confirm and was told there is a new service bulletin that is out on the newer body style. The service bulletin specifically says not to replace it, that a new one is currently being engineered to fix the issue. Of course, no date was shared when that new part would be available. We're in a holding pattern until they engineer a new one and it becomes available.

While I'm glad they're not throwing another faulty part in, I am concerned that as we continue to drive, this could cause engine degradation as their original service bulletin states. It's easy for them to say its not that big of an issue, but they're not the ones on the hook for a huge service bill if it is. Just thought this was valuable information to share with anyone else going through the same ordeal we are!
97trophy likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deeleezy For This Useful Post:
internalaudit (07-13-2017), KW2004Accord (07-11-2017)
post #28 of 47 Old 07-13-2017, 07:26 PM
6th Gear

Damn. I thought it was an 8th gen issue.

2011 Accord Coupe I4 5 A/T
post #29 of 47 Old 07-14-2017, 10:11 AM
2nd Gear

2008 Accord EX with 114K miles. The VTC grinding is there for 1.5 seconds at almost every start in summer or winter. I haven't fixed it and not planning to either.
post #30 of 47 Old 07-14-2017, 10:16 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamlayers View Post
The noise almost never happens if I wait for 2 seat belt warning beeps in the run position before starting. My theory is that it has a higher chance of happening if fuel pressure is low. This gives the fuel pump time to run to raise the pressure. It runs for a bit longer than the length of two seat belt warning beeps to "prime" after turning the key to the run position with the engine stopped, and also runs continuously while the engine is turning. You can only hear the fuel pump running in the back when the engine is stopped and you're in a very quiet location.
It is good practice to turn the key to the ON position and leave it there for a couple of seconds and then starting the engine. I do this on my Nissan Sentra because of a fuel pump issue. It still works, and has never stalled on me, but after 122,000 miles, fuel pump still works. It makes sure that there is fuel in the engine when it starts, instead of a dry start. If this practice makes the VTC grinding noise go away, keep doing it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_G For This Useful Post:
internalaudit (07-14-2017)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.