Twin Hella Supertones Install Aftermarket Horns DIY - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 02-15-2013, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Twin Hella Supertones Install Aftermarket Horns DIY

Hey guys, i have a set of Hella Supertone horns and need some help installing them. I was wondering if anyone has replaced the factory horns and replaced them with these. Thanks for the help in advance. (These are the horns)

Attached Images

Black Accord EXL Coupe
YouTube Account: milmast =>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram Account: milmast =>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 02-15-2013, 10:23 PM
08 EX-L Coupe 6-6

The FIAMM Freeway Blaster Low Note is the best horn I've ever laid ears on. It fits the size and look of the accord. The high note one sounds just like the those supertones.

I absolutely despise those Hella Supertones, I think they sound cheap and ricey. Just my opinion.

2008 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe 3.5L 6-Speed Manual - Alabaster Silver Metallic
--| Mods |---------------------------------------------------------------------
Genuine Honda Sunroof Rain Guard
JDM MU Replica Grille (on the way)
HFP Front Bumper Lip kit (on the way)
post #3 of 38 Old 02-16-2013, 05:25 AM
3rd Gear

Unless you have a 'Ru hellas are just for looks... but I like the look. I've been thinking about putting them on my '12 coupe. Post some pics after you get 'em on.

post #4 of 38 Old 02-16-2013, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Will do, but however i do need a bit of help with the installation of these horns. I will post a video during and after, including a review of the stock horns vs. hellas.

Black Accord EXL Coupe

post #5 of 38 Old 03-23-2013, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
has anyone done this to thier rides yet?

Black Accord EXL Coupe

post #6 of 38 Old 03-24-2013, 07:11 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan.mastracci View Post
has anyone done this to thier rides yet?
I'm still waiting to see how they look on yours...
post #7 of 38 Old 03-25-2013, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Gonne put em on the car tomorrow. Will follow up with pictures

Black Accord EXL Coupe

post #8 of 38 Old 03-25-2013, 01:34 PM
4th Gear

easiest way would be taking off the front bumper. ive taken the bumpr off several times and they are so easy to get at once the bumper is off

2011 Accord Coupe EX-L
HFP Skirt Pkg
JDM Badges
6000K HID Headlights
Nokya Yellow DRL
Injen Short Ram Intake
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Magnaflow Dual Catback Exhaust
HSD Coilovers
P2R Downpipe W/Cat Delete
TWM Shortshifter
post #9 of 38 Old 03-25-2013, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That would be the only way to install them. However, the install is not a simple plug and play installation.

Black Accord EXL Coupe

post #10 of 38 Old 03-26-2013, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Installed guys! Will post pics later

Black Accord EXL Coupe

post #11 of 38 Old 03-27-2013, 06:02 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan.mastracci View Post
Installed guys! Will post pics later
Looking forward to seeing 'em. How do you like them and the look?
post #12 of 38 Old 03-27-2013, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
They were just as good as i was expecting them to be! They are so loud and will get take a video of them

Black Accord EXL Coupe

post #13 of 38 Old 03-27-2013, 08:41 AM
4th Gear

Please post a tutorial, I would greatly appreciate it.

I want to replace the horns myself, they do not sound stock, they somehow have been altered over time.

I'm hoping you did not have to do much wiring.
post #14 of 38 Old 03-27-2013, 08:46 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66FTW View Post
Looking forward to seeing 'em. How do you like them and the look?
Why do you keep talking about the LOOK? They are HORNS. You hear them, you don't see them.

2011 Accord EX-L (A5, Polished Metal Metallic) - Daily Driver
2001 Mustang GT (A4, Mineral Grey, factory Bullitt wheels, Flowmasters, CAI) - Weekend Cruiser
post #15 of 38 Old 03-27-2013, 08:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to DOOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTX View Post
Why do you keep talking about the LOOK? They are HORNS. You hear them, you don't see them.
They are visible behind the grille.

2011 CBP Sedan EX-L V6 |

Summer: 20" Vossen CV3/Conti | Winter: 19" Genesis Track/GMax | BC Coilovers/SPC Arms | Mugen Kit | Modulo Face | Sarona Roof Spoiler | Quad Morimoto/FXR xBa Halo/Demon Eyes Retrofit | Fog Light Retrofit | Inspire OEM Mirrors/Garnish | Eagle Eyes Trunk/Tails | Full LED Exterior/Interior | UltraGauge | Takeda SRI | JET MAF | Magnaflow/Vibrant | SprintBooster | UR/Progress Bars | EBC Brakes | Duralast Gold | Next: RV6 J-Pipe
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.