Throttle body coolant bypass DIY PROBLEM,im back to stock. - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 11-06-2012, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
banned

Throttle body coolant bypass DIY PROBLEM,im back to stock.

I Drove My Car for 8 month with Throttle body coolant bypass DIY,no problems.
2-3 day's ago start notice wird things with my Tachometer.When i driving and make full stop RPM on my Tachometer still stay up for 5-10 second after full stop,then starts falling to normal.First think gos on my mind it got to be throttle door slow respond.I went home and change "Throttle body coolant bypass DYN" back to stock.When i start car i was surprise how its work allot more stable and even engine run allot smoother, so problem with RPM on my Tachometer is gone the throttle respond come to normal.So my conclusion for Throttle body coolant bypass DYN is totally usless (no performance no reason to do it).
Remember i live in NYC whether is getting cold here,if you live in the Florida or other states with no snow you maybe alright.

Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-07-2012, 12:40 AM
5th Gear

Okay you stated you live in NYC dose it snow around your area/town/city??

Car history:
1990 Toyota Corolla 1.6 (4AFE)--> 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 2.0T (4G63T)--> 2000 Toyota Camry 2.2(5SFE)--> 1995 Nissan Altima 2.4 (KA24DE)--> 2012 Honda Accord EX 2.4 (K24Z3)

Dream Cars:
Aston Martin DBS, Maserati GT, Caterham 7 (aka Louts Super 7)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old 11-07-2012, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
banned

i don't think two little boys, have any clue what im talking about in this tread.
That OK!
Thank you for replay

post #4 of 15 Old 11-07-2012, 05:00 AM
Povy > Dreaminaccord

When you say the rpm stays up, exactly what Rpm was it staying at? Cause these cars do that anyways when they switch to idle so they don't use as much gas. It's been cold here in OK 25 degrees and I haven't had issues. Been over a year too.

Sent from my iPhone using

2006 LX i4 Graphite Pearl 84k. RIP 11/23/13
2000 silverstone S2K 149k (bone stock) ;)
2005 satin v6 ex-l coupe 58k
Lots of mods.
Mod master

Romans 1:16 Maranatha!
post #5 of 15 Old 11-07-2012, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by povy View Post
When you say the rpm stays up, exactly what Rpm was it staying at? Cause these cars do that anyways when they switch to idle so they don't use as much gas. It's been cold here in OK 25 degrees and I haven't had issues. Been over a year too.

The RPM stays up 3.5-4RPM after i make full stop for 5-10 seconds, then switch to idle. It sound like i stay on red light holding brake and keep pushing a gas pedal at same time for 10 second.
BDW. i have V6 with 6MT, automatic transmission may respond different.
post #6 of 15 Old 11-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Car so nice, bought twice

Did this happen with the engine fully warmed up as well? You'd think that residual heat from the engine alone would keep the TB warm enough to prevent sticking. If not then this would confirm the TB gasket that Throwdown sells doesn't do anything.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

post #7 of 15 Old 11-07-2012, 10:22 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyd914 View Post
bro its nyc. do u ever watch movies where it takes place in NYC in the winter full of snow? lol of course it slows in NYC, let alone in new York state
Okay that partly answer my question. By removing that coolant hose from your throttle body we have a couple negative affects:

1) Since you live over there with snow your throttle body will freeze close and since its all electrical and no cable like the older cars it/might not open. Also it will take a longer time to defrost the throttle body by the engine.

2) For this one i'm only assuming, but if its anything like my eclipse it might be the same. when your engine is cold your car takes in more air to warm up and within your throttle body their is some wax. Once your car reaches normal temp it will melt the wax therefore dropping the amount of air entering the engine and dropping the RPM. Since you remove the coolant line the wax didn't melt so more air is entering the engine so your air/fuel ratio is going to be off and bad gas mileage.

3) Yes there isn't much performance gain from this mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jullia View Post
i don't think two little boys, have any clue what im talking about in this tread.
That OK!
Thank you for replay
Sure I don't

Car history:
1990 Toyota Corolla 1.6 (4AFE)--> 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 2.0T (4G63T)--> 2000 Toyota Camry 2.2(5SFE)--> 1995 Nissan Altima 2.4 (KA24DE)--> 2012 Honda Accord EX 2.4 (K24Z3)

Dream Cars:

post #8 of 15 Old 11-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Povy > Dreaminaccord

Idk why the auto would respond different than the manual? Transmission has nothing to do with high idle.

Clean the MAF. Make sure your TB moves freely. It could have been too cold for it. But idk cause mine has been exposed to -0 temps and no issues.

Lots of mods.
Mod master

post #9 of 15 Old 11-07-2012, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowned12 View Post
Did this happen with the engine fully warmed up as well? You'd think that residual heat from the engine alone would keep the TB warm enough to prevent sticking. If not then this would confirm the TB gasket that Throwdown sells doesn't do anything.
This happen when engine was complete warm up.Yes i do have 2 P2R TB gaskets and TB spacer but Trowdown and P2R has nothing to do with this DYN.
I don't know how its works but hot antifreeze should make circle loop inside Throttle body on OEM setting.Maybe engine heat is not enough to keep mechanical or electrical parts inside throttle body.
post #10 of 15 Old 11-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Honda Nation

Quote:
Idk why the auto would respond different than the manual? Transmission has nothing to do with high idle.

Engaged in gear it certainly would make a difference. An automatic is engaged in gear at all times, whereas with a manual you either hold the clutch down or put the gear lever in neutral at red lights to prevent stalling. Either way the engine is not under load at a red light in a manual, and with an automatic it is.

If this situation was occurring in an automatic, the car would be lurching or bogging down at the red light.

May 2009 - Present: 2009 Accord V6 6 MT coupe w/o nav, Alabaster Silver

Dec. 1999 - May 2010: 2000 Prelude 5 MT, sold with 220,000 miles and still running great - gone, but not forgotten
post #11 of 15 Old 11-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Povy > Dreaminaccord

I know how manual transmissions work. An auto transmission in neutral is the same as a manual in neutral. There is no load.

And if you read at all he says he's in neutral at stop lights when this occurs. Therefore it wouldn't matter if its an auto or manual. It's not transmission related.

Lots of mods.
Mod master

post #12 of 15 Old 11-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Honda Nation

Quote:
I know how manual transmissions work. An auto transmission in neutral is the same as a manual in neutral. There is no load.

And if you read at all he says he's in neutral at stop lights when this occurs. Therefore it wouldn't matter if its an auto or manual. It's not transmission related.
If YOU read the OP's posts, he has a stick. Of course he's in neutral at a light.

An automatic in gear at a light is under load. No one ever said anything about shifting an automatic into neutral.

May 2009 - Present: 2009 Accord V6 6 MT coupe w/o nav, Alabaster Silver

Dec. 1999 - May 2010: 2000 Prelude 5 MT, sold with 220,000 miles and still running great - gone, but not forgotten
post #13 of 15 Old 11-08-2012, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
banned

Quote:

Yes of course Automatic and Manual may respond different on down shifting and drop to idle.Whole point i resolve problem to connect hoses back to stock setting.So i would recommended to anyone try spend 10 minutes set hoses back to stock and see difference when you driving.Its totally up to you the way you leave!
thank you everyone for respond and conversation.
post #14 of 15 Old 11-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Povy > Dreaminaccord

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
If YOU read the OP's posts, he has a stick. Of course he's in neutral at a light.

An automatic in gear at a light is under load. No one ever said anything about shifting an automatic into neutral.
LOL I'm not gonna argue with you cause you obviously don't understand what I was saying.

Thanks Jullia for the thread. If me or anyone else starts to have problems in cold weather with the fast idle I will be sure to recommend reading this thread.

Lots of mods.
Mod master

post #15 of 15 Old 11-08-2012, 10:05 AM
5th Gear

I think I just lose some IQ

Car history:

Dream Cars:

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.