How to: Replace side view mirror glass - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-16-2012, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Car so nice, bought twice

How to: Replace side view mirror glass

Why? Because mine was a bit yucky looking from hard water etching it. I was ordering parts anyways and was like "$14 (right) + $10 (left) for new glass? Why not!"

It's really an easy process. The way the mirror works is there's 4 contact points. Between the 4 contact points there's a sticky putty that is meant to further hold the mirror and reduce vibration.

Step 1: Make sure keys are out of the car. You don't want power to the mirror motors.
Step 2: Push the mirror all the way up. The idea is you have to pull it off from the bottom because the top 2 plastic hooks are really hooks (see pictures).
Step 3: Get both hands about 2 knuckles worth under the mirror. Start pulling firmly but not violently. You have to get the putty to break free before you can get the glass off. All it takes is a little bit of pressure and 5 seconds of waiting to get the putty to let loose.
Step 4: The bottom of the mirror should now be free to swing upwards, hinged from the top. Swing it up 180 degrees and then pull the top down. Some putty may be left over on the white plastic but that's ok.
Step 5: Install in reverse order. You have to insert the mirror at almost > 180 degrees to get the top hooks to catch. press in the bottom and you're done.

The pictures are of the left mirror.

New Mirror:

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drowned12 For This Useful Post:
BBKoenigsegg (02-26-2015), teezythakidd (01-09-2015)
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-17-2012, 05:37 AM
"Old School" Shifter

Good thread to archive.

post #3 of 6 Old 10-18-2012, 10:46 PM
6th Gear

I couldn't really tell, but do the new mirrors come with new putty?

I love how inexpensive it is to replace stuff like this. I may do this on mine if I can't get the hard water stains off.

2006 Accord EX-L Navi 5MT, Graphite Pearl
2006 Accord EX sedan 5AT, Taffeta White - RIP

post #4 of 6 Old 10-18-2012, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Car so nice, bought twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
I couldn't really tell, but do the new mirrors come with new putty?

I love how inexpensive it is to replace stuff like this. I may do this on mine if I can't get the hard water stains off.
Yep in the last photo there is an air bubble in the putty.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

post #5 of 6 Old 01-09-2015, 09:18 AM
1st Gear

Where do you buy the mirror driver?
post #6 of 6 Old 02-26-2015, 02:54 PM
Neutral

This thread is pretty old, but it helped me out a few months back. Thanks a bunch for the time you set out to do this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.