Iphone OBDII Scanner via Bluetooth!!! - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 06-24-2012, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Cool Iphone OBDII Scanner via Bluetooth!!!

Bought ELM327 bluetooth OBDII off Amazon for like $12, Jailbroke iPhone and downloaded roqyBT4 off Cydia to allow the phone to connect to it, and downloaded Rev2 app for the software. No more check engine lights!!!!

'12 Honda Accord Crystal Black Pearl EX-L Coupe V-6 w/Nav (Original Owner)

'08 Honda Pearl Orange CBR600RR (Original Owner)
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 06-24-2012, 10:45 PM
Out of Control

^ nice!!!!

Peace Out SuckA!!!!
post #3 of 33 Old 06-24-2012, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

I chose the Bluetooth route cause technically, the only way to use the iPhone as an OBDII scanner is to buy the WiFi obdii scanners.... but then you lose network connectivity during using it... So I said screw Apple and jailbroke my phone. Apple won't let you connect to a Bluetooth device if it is not associate with Apple where as the Android has no problems at all... Then I downloaded roqyBT4 (like $5) off Cydia. After that, Downloaded Rev2 ($40) off the Apple store. There are only a few OBDII apps that you can use because the app has to have a custom connectivity setting where you can define an IP and port. Rev2 had a free trial so I used that first to make sure I could connect to the Chinese Bluetooth obdii scanner. Was kinda leery cause the trial doesn't have anything that you can watch from the car at all but it does show if you connect or not.

In the end I got a an OBDII scanner for under $65.

post #4 of 33 Old 06-25-2012, 03:58 AM
5th Gear

Very cool. Didn't realize this was possible given Apple's tight lock down of iOS. And here I am considering leaving Android.

2010 Accord EX-L V6 PMM Sedan (w/o nav)
My First Honda!

X-tour shiftknob
Philips HIR 9012 Low Beams
post #5 of 33 Old 06-25-2012, 07:51 AM
3rd Gear

Cool, you still retain 3G connection? ie. I could still listen to pandora while using this?

2011 CBP Accord Sedan EX V6
Morimoto Mini H1
Megan EZ Streets
J-Power Camber
TSX 17mm Rear Sway Bar
post #6 of 33 Old 06-25-2012, 08:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to DOOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikal777 View Post
Cool, you still retain 3G connection? ie. I could still listen to pandora while using this?
yep. the wifi versions are what block your network data.

2011 CBP Sedan EX-L V6 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Summer: 20" Vossen CV3/Conti | Winter: 19" Genesis Track/GMax | BC Coilovers/SPC Arms | Mugen Kit | Modulo Face | Sarona Roof Spoiler | Quad Morimoto/FXR xBa Halo/Demon Eyes Retrofit | Fog Light Retrofit | Inspire OEM Mirrors/Garnish | Eagle Eyes Trunk/Tails | Full LED Exterior/Interior | UltraGauge | Takeda SRI | JET MAF | Magnaflow/Vibrant | SprintBooster | UR/Progress Bars | EBC Brakes | Duralast Gold | Next: RV6 J-Pipe
post #7 of 33 Old 06-25-2012, 08:52 AM
5th Gear

will the adapter work on an android phone? I think android has some apps for this also?

2014 Accord EX Sedan 6MT
72K Miles on it so far.

Mods
Accord Touring LED Headlights thanks to Hardtopguy for the harness
Accord Touring LED Tail lights thanks to Hardtopguy for the harness
Accord Leather Steering Wheel
Accord V6 Leather Shift Knob
Clazzio Seat Covers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CCH Sport Horn Upgrade Kit
Ktuned

Future Mods
Speaker Upgrades
Dash Cam

Past cars
08 Accord EX-L Sedan V6
02 Accord EX Sedan 5MT
post #8 of 33 Old 06-25-2012, 09:31 AM
5th Gear

I considered one of these, but then I would lose my bluetooth connection to HandsFreeLink right?

2011 Accord Coupe I4 EX-L CBP
post #9 of 33 Old 06-25-2012, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Negative!!! Bluetooth can support multiple simultaneous connections

post #10 of 33 Old 06-25-2012, 10:26 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the info! I have a jailbroken iPhone and I'll be giving this a try. Definitely cheaper than getting a ScanGauge or something along those lines.

Mine: 2010 LX Sedan 52k miles
Done: WeatherTech all-weather mats, disable DRLs, new front speakers, iPhone mount, aftermarket head unit
Next up: New rear speakers
Eventually: Window tint, window visors, subwoofer

Hers: 2002 EX V6 Coupe 60k miles
Done: Aftermarket head unit
Eventually: New speakers all around
post #11 of 33 Old 06-25-2012, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

The setup isn't permanent with the cheapy chinese one though. It sticks out from under the dash. I'll take a pic. PLX has one though for the Android (will work after you do what I just did to my iPhone). and will mount more descreetly.

post #12 of 33 Old 06-25-2012, 04:53 PM
MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfs830 View Post
will the adapter work on an android phone? I think android has some apps for this also?
Im running the "torque" app with bluetooth obdII on my android

2009 EX SMR i4 manual coupe
18" HFP wheels
Dropped on Tein S.Techs
25mm Rear Spacers
20mm Front Spacers
Megan Cambers/trac bars
JDM Red H badge
DDM raptor 35w 6000k HIDs
OEM fogs w/8000k HIDs
20% 3M HP tint
Type R red engine covers
Gutter guard lower grille
120SMD switchback led parking lights
Piaa 9005s
cree reverse leds
led interior
Trunk weight removal mod
Intake Resonator removed
DRLs removed
Debadged trunk
post #13 of 33 Old 06-25-2012, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysol View Post
It sticks out from under the dash. I'll take a pic.

I'd like to see a picture of this. As long as it doesn't stick out too much it wouldn't bother me. I don't spend a lot of time looking down by my feet anyway.

Mine: 2010 LX Sedan 52k miles
Done: WeatherTech all-weather mats, disable DRLs, new front speakers, iPhone mount, aftermarket head unit
Next up: New rear speakers
Eventually: Window tint, window visors, subwoofer

Hers: 2002 EX V6 Coupe 60k miles
Done: Aftermarket head unit
Eventually: New speakers all around
post #14 of 33 Old 06-26-2012, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

It would be prone to you kicking it accidentally though. I'll see if I can find time to snap a pic of it sticking out.

post #15 of 33 Old 06-26-2012, 10:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to DOOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysol View Post
It would be prone to you kicking it accidentally though. I'll see if I can find time to snap a pic of it sticking out.
i played with an ELMS bluetooth OBDII unit until realizing it was a no-go on a non-jailbroken iphone... they do protrude into the door path a little bit and definitely are prone to contact from knees and shins... there are near-flush mounting, right angle OBDII extension cables that would fit the bill perfectly, with the OBDII device stowed under the steering column plastic easily.

$12.95

2011 CBP Sedan EX-L V6 |

Summer: 20" Vossen CV3/Conti | Winter: 19" Genesis Track/GMax | BC Coilovers/SPC Arms | Mugen Kit | Modulo Face | Sarona Roof Spoiler | Quad Morimoto/FXR xBa Halo/Demon Eyes Retrofit | Fog Light Retrofit | Inspire OEM Mirrors/Garnish | Eagle Eyes Trunk/Tails | Full LED Exterior/Interior | UltraGauge | Takeda SRI | JET MAF | Magnaflow/Vibrant | SprintBooster | UR/Progress Bars | EBC Brakes | Duralast Gold | Next: RV6 J-Pipe
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.