Resetting the TPMS - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-24-2012, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Resetting the TPMS

As title states. Does anyone know how to do this??

Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-24-2012, 04:09 PM
3rd Gear

Need more info... which light? Is is tire pressure related or something else? In the past when I either changed tires or had to add air to the tire I just had to drove over 60mph for a mile or less. The light then goes out.

08 coupe EX-L V6 MT
hfp rims
magnaflow exhaust
H&R springs
SPC camber kit
takeda SRI
post #3 of 12 Old 05-24-2012, 04:37 PM
2nd Gear

I had to go to the dealer to get mines done. I didn't know you could do it alone

2011 LX-S / Manual / Crystal Black
---
Mods:
20% tints sides and rear
K&N Short Ram Intake
Pioneer avic-x930bt
Tein Basis Coilovers
19" HFP Wheels

---
Future Mods:
6000K HID
v6 Lip Spoiler
HFP BodyKit

post #4 of 12 Old 05-24-2012, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

08 accord I4, 100,000km's on it.
TPMS system has been on, tire pressure is good but the system needs to be reset.
I dont feel like paying for them to reset it, if I can do it myself. Im sure theres a way. Just need to figure out how.

-Stephan
post #5 of 12 Old 05-24-2012, 05:19 PM
4th Gear

If you did not change any of the TPS the system should reset itself if all tires have the same air pressure. What happened to cause the light to come on?
post #6 of 12 Old 05-24-2012, 07:12 PM
MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanB View Post
If you did not change any of the TPS the system should reset itself if all tires have the same air pressure. What happened to cause the light to come on?
I swapped my rims a while back w/o changing,tpms sensors over (i know dumb mistake) & drove a week w/tpms light on. Went back & had em reinstalled on my new rims, & it reset automatically within 10min of driving

2009 EX SMR i4 manual coupe
18" HFP wheels
Dropped on Tein S.Techs
25mm Rear Spacers
20mm Front Spacers
Megan Cambers/trac bars
JDM Red H badge
DDM raptor 35w 6000k HIDs
OEM fogs w/8000k HIDs
20% 3M HP tint
Type R red engine covers
Gutter guard lower grille
120SMD switchback led parking lights
Piaa 9005s
cree reverse leds
led interior
Trunk weight removal mod
Intake Resonator removed
DRLs removed
Debadged trunk
post #7 of 12 Old 05-24-2012, 08:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to DOOM
If "TPMS" is illuminated constantly you need to retrain or reset the ECU's mapping of the sensors. The dealer or any decent tire shop can do this in 10 minutes and the latter tend not to charge for this. If "TPMS" is blinking the ECU is in learn mode and needs to be driven 28 mph or higher for some time. If "(_?_)" is illuminated one of the sensors has reported low pressure. Check pressures and if good, bring the pressure for each tire down to 10 PSI, up to 40, and then back down to your preferred pressure.

2011 CBP Sedan EX-L V6 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Summer: 20" Vossen CV3/Conti | Winter: 19" Genesis Track/GMax | BC Coilovers/SPC Arms | Mugen Kit | Modulo Face | Sarona Roof Spoiler | Quad Morimoto/FXR xBa Halo/Demon Eyes Retrofit | Fog Light Retrofit | Inspire OEM Mirrors/Garnish | Eagle Eyes Trunk/Tails | Full LED Exterior/Interior | UltraGauge | Takeda SRI | JET MAF | Magnaflow/Vibrant | SprintBooster | UR/Progress Bars | EBC Brakes | Duralast Gold | Next: RV6 J-Pipe
post #8 of 12 Old 05-25-2012, 11:04 AM
2nd Gear

Just got an 2011 Coupe wheels & tires on my 08 Ex-L Sedan today. No "TPMS" is illuminated. Not sure if mine has sensors in the ECU or not.
For the time being, 30 miles driven, no TPMS light. Crossing fingers.......
post #9 of 12 Old 05-25-2012, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
If "TPMS" is illuminated constantly you need to retrain or reset the ECU's mapping of the sensors. The dealer or any decent tire shop can do this in 10 minutes and the latter tend not to charge for this. If "TPMS" is blinking the ECU is in learn mode and needs to be driven 28 mph or higher for some time. If "(_?_)" is illuminated one of the sensors has reported low pressure. Check pressures and if good, bring the pressure for each tire down to 10 PSI, up to 40, and then back down to your preferred pressure.
ill try this, and see. maybe its just sensors that are defective?
post #10 of 12 Old 05-25-2012, 08:26 PM
MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accordroch View Post
Just got an 2011 Coupe wheels & tires on my 08 Ex-L Sedan today. No "TPMS" is illuminated. Not sure if mine has sensors in the ECU or not.
For the time being, 30 miles driven, no TPMS light. Crossing fingers.......
If it has no tpms sensors, or sensors that arent learned to ur cars ecu, then yes u will absolutely get a light. I drove 2 days with no,tpms sensors before the light finally came on

2009 EX SMR i4 manual coupe
18" HFP wheels
Dropped on Tein S.Techs
25mm Rear Spacers
20mm Front Spacers
Megan Cambers/trac bars
JDM Red H badge
DDM raptor 35w 6000k HIDs
OEM fogs w/8000k HIDs
20% 3M HP tint
Type R red engine covers
Gutter guard lower grille
120SMD switchback led parking lights
Piaa 9005s
cree reverse leds
led interior
Trunk weight removal mod
Intake Resonator removed
DRLs removed
Debadged trunk
post #11 of 12 Old 05-25-2012, 09:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to DOOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyd914 View Post
dealer wants between 120-170 to reset my TPMS light lol.

i just have been driving with the light on for about 7 months now it doesnt bother me
It wound bother me that I'm not able to use the feature. Call some local tire shops and it should be far cheaper.

2011 CBP Sedan EX-L V6 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Summer: 20" Vossen CV3/Conti | Winter: 19" Genesis Track/GMax | BC Coilovers/SPC Arms | Mugen Kit | Modulo Face | Sarona Roof Spoiler | Quad Morimoto/FXR xBa Halo/Demon Eyes Retrofit | Fog Light Retrofit | Inspire OEM Mirrors/Garnish | Eagle Eyes Trunk/Tails | Full LED Exterior/Interior | UltraGauge | Takeda SRI | JET MAF | Magnaflow/Vibrant | SprintBooster | UR/Progress Bars | EBC Brakes | Duralast Gold | Next: RV6 J-Pipe
post #12 of 12 Old 09-21-2012, 06:24 AM
2015 Accord Touring I4

Just found this post on honda tech.. is this true? For 2008 accord with TPMS.. I can buy sensors for my winters and not have to get them programmed at the dealer?

Honda uses 2 types of TPMS.
Type One is the sensor in the wheel has its own freq being transmitted to the TPMS ECU located under the Drives Side dash, The Sensor reads a given temp inside the tire via voltage and relays that voltage reading over radio waves to the TPMS ecu which then comps to tire pressure which will set the low tire indicator off at 28psi if the temp is low. (standard on 07 CR-V, 08 Accord, 08 Fits, 08 Pilots, 08 Ridgelines, 07 0dyssey Tourings, 07 Element). Type 2 has a sensor in the wheel (Civics, 08 Elements, 09-10 Fits, 08 Odyssey )[Honda's are Valve Stem Sensors] that at every rotation it sends a freq to a reciever in the fender or 1/4 panel, which then by wire sends the given voltage to the ECU located either in D/S kick panel, or P/S given the vehicle.
To initalize these when we get them off the truck from the factory, we do this by dropping all tire pressue till the low tire indicator comes on per tire that way it registers Tire 1, Tire 2, Ect. This now registers the tires with the ECU, But if tire pressures are too high or there is an actual freq error the TPMS letter will be set and need to be cleared. If for some reason the registration isnt complete. a code will be set after 20 miles says Honda( actual its more like 200+ miles per my experience as a Tech) for it and you'll have to re-register the TPMS sensor via HDS( Honda Diagnostic System)[Dealer Only] and the Honda TPMS Special Tool then the light will blink once done, drive over 40mph with it blinking,yeah fun fun fun for us. I can go indepth if others want the full detail, but i wont here..
Changes have been made in 2009-10 on certain vehicle on what type of TPMS system to be used. Accords Still use the same much do the Crosstours.

But if you have access or can get access to clear the code ; if its a registration error re-drop all tires till the TPMS low tire indicator light comes on starting on the d/s front, d/s rear, p/s rear/ p/s front. This will help with later to dio a bad sensor..

Tools:
Valve Stem Core Remover
Tire Inflator
Tire Gauage
Car Keys

Re-Register: *key on, engine off*
1. Remove Valve Core
2. Watch for Low tire indiactor to come on(18-28psi)
3. Once on, re-install core
4. Inflate Tire to 3psi over Proper Door Reading
now move around the vehicle and see if you can get them all to register, if one of the tires doesnt throw the light on, you got a bad sensor which is causing a registration error or is the main reason to your code, the dealer where they will re-dio it, clear the code, throw a new $175 sensor and 1hr if not more on TPMS Re-learn and your light is out.

2015 Honda Accord Sedan Touring NAVI I4 CVT White Orchard Pearl
2011 Toyota Venza Premium V6 AWD 6AT Blizzard Pearl
2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
2005 Acura TSX I4 5AT Premium White Pearl (Sold)
2002 Honda Civic Coupe SiG Veloz I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.