Aftermarket iPod/Bluetooth Adapter for 08 - Drive Accord Honda Forums |
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-23-2012, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Aftermarket iPod/Bluetooth Adapter for 08

I've had an '08 Accord EX-L for about a year and finally wanted to add both and iPod adapter and Bluetooth. I do use the XM and was quoted in the $400 range to install an iSimple iPod gateway and the iSimple bluetooth adapter. The iPod gateway I guess will route through the XM so I can get iPod text display. I've heard good things about the iPod gateway but mixed reviews about the iSimple bluetooth addition that goes with it.

My question is does anyone have any experience with that bluetooth device? Or can someone recommend something else that works great, incorporates an iPod adapter and bluetooth, and also has text display for the iPod?

post #2 of 5 Old 05-23-2012, 08:37 PM
5th Gear

Installed Qualir Navigation, Bluetooth, DVD, IPOD, USB OEM LOOK Reviewed!!!!
iono if this will help but it was the first thing that came up

ASM/Blk EX-L i4 Sedan Auto aka "sUbTLe"

Done: OEM Splashguard - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust 14832 - JDM Emblems - Takeda SRI - LED Interior/License (White/Blue) - Blacked Out Grill/Window Trim - 5% Rear 50% Front - Philips 9006 Halogen Headlight Bulbs - Hankook Ventus V2

To Do: TSX RSB/Shiftknob - Coilovers - 8.5 Trunk/Front Bumper Conversion - USDM Mugen Grill - Headlight Tint - Painted Engine Cover - Blacked Out Gearbox - Lid Spoiler - Window/Moonroof Visor - P2R Throttle Body Spacer
post #3 of 5 Old 05-24-2012, 03:22 AM
6th Gear

I have the Isimple gateway... it has been some time though, and a few F/W updates to boot. :o)

There are a few different designs but they are pretty much all the same. Isimple, Peripheral Electronics and PAC are all the same. had the latest firmwares that will install on all devices, except gen 1 of the gateway. Which should not be available as new.

The latest firmware should come with the unit since your having it installed.

If not you can install it yourself... just keep in mind your XM stations and Radio code before disconnecting your battery.

I looked around on the net for used ones first, be sure that they are second gen (non blue lable) black box.

I got mine for $50.00 US like new with everything. :o)

All I had to do was get the Honda adapter cable, which was $20.00 at the time.

Installation may take an hour depending on your carefulness.

Though it was not too difficult to perform... you can go to College Hills site and watch the instructional video on the PIE interface.

Very similar. :o)

With the new firmwares this interface is smoother than any other after market available that is universal and has expandability. Most of the posts I have seen are biased with older firmwares and show the early bugs with the interface.

As for Blue tooth, I do not have the module, most say OEM Honda is best, but expensive to install.

You may get lucky and find a complete unit from a specialized Honda wrecker in your location. If your willing to install yourself. :o)

Certified 2009 EX-L Coupe - VCM - PMM
Paid $21,500 cash on 01/11

MPG: 22 City / 32 Hwy 75MPH
0w-20 cap
3.7L TL-SHAWD IM - Functional
65w H9 Lo & Fog / 80w HB3 Hi
Cargo hooks & net
Crosstour knob
Duralast Platinum 24F
I4 hood rod
MDX spacer & ported
Mobil 1 0w-20 & M1-110
NAPA #18514
Odyssey garnish - Flush fit
Painted splash guards
Rear: Center Belt, head rests & ANC delete
Service Grade Electricals
Test Pipe
Window UP mod
Valvoline Type VI

post #4 of 5 Old 05-24-2012, 11:35 AM
1st Gear

I have this works great and it was cheap
post #5 of 5 Old 06-14-2012, 06:20 PM

USA SPEC that makes the HON2 iPod interface is and according to their twitter page is close to releasing BT35-HON which is a iPod and Bluetooth interface.

Here's a demo of a similar product for Toyotas:

2008 I4 PMM EX-L Coupe
Pioneer AVH-2400BT HU * JL XD 600/6 * Polk Audio MM6501 (front) * Polk Audio DXi 650s (rear) * Stock Sub

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.