plasti dipped whole car.. - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 05-15-2012, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to hernando
plasti dipped whole car..

has anyone went ahead and plasti dipped there whole 8th gen yet? i saw on a lot of other fourms people are doing the whole car would maybe be cool for the summer any one seen this or have pics?

2008 HONDA ACCORD SEDAN (Black)

18" coupe V6 wheels dark bronze
Upper Mugen grille
Lower mesh grille
V6 front bumper
6000k led strip headlight
3000k yellow fog light
led Tails smoked bottom
Led inspire trunk lid
roof spoiler
oem 12' deck lid
LED interior conversion
15% tint
JDM license plate relocator
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-15-2012, 06:28 PM
5th Gear

this isn't the exact thing but here, it'll give u an idea

Gray matte

ASM/Blk EX-L i4 Sedan Auto aka "sUbTLe"

Done: OEM Splashguard - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust 14832 - JDM Emblems - Takeda SRI - LED Interior/License (White/Blue) - Blacked Out Grill/Window Trim - 5% Rear 50% Front - Philips 9006 Halogen Headlight Bulbs - Hankook Ventus V2

To Do: TSX RSB/Shiftknob - Coilovers - 8.5 Trunk/Front Bumper Conversion - USDM Mugen Grill - Headlight Tint - Painted Engine Cover - Blacked Out Gearbox - Lid Spoiler - Window/Moonroof Visor - P2R Throttle Body Spacer
post #3 of 16 Old 05-15-2012, 07:04 PM
MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernando View Post
has anyone went ahead and plasti dipped there whole 8th gen yet? i saw on a lot of other fourms people are doing the whole car would maybe be cool for the summer any one seen this or have pics?
Cool for the summer?!?! Im thinkin the opposite. I mean a black rubberized coating on the entire car absorbimg all that summer heat? No thanks... But maybe im thinkin this cause I live at the beach where its 90-100 all summer

2009 EX SMR i4 manual coupe
18" HFP wheels
Dropped on Tein S.Techs
25mm Rear Spacers
20mm Front Spacers
Megan Cambers/trac bars
JDM Red H badge
DDM raptor 35w 6000k HIDs
OEM fogs w/8000k HIDs
20% 3M HP tint
Type R red engine covers
Gutter guard lower grille
120SMD switchback led parking lights
Piaa 9005s
cree reverse leds
led interior
Trunk weight removal mod
Intake Resonator removed
DRLs removed
Debadged trunk

post #4 of 16 Old 05-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Michael

That would take about 300 cans and add about 200 pounds?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/

/

post #5 of 16 Old 05-15-2012, 07:55 PM
2nd Gear

If you go to dipyourcar.com they sell a car kit with a sprayer for around $300 .. I'm thinking about doing it on my wife's Toyota her paint is pretty faded from living in AZ where it got to 119 last year!

2006 Honda accord i4 ex-l with 77,000miles
post #6 of 16 Old 05-16-2012, 07:33 AM
banned

How long does a plasti dip paint job last?
Considering painting that chrome trim, like the finish on the plasti dip, but how long would that paint job last or would i be better off using regular spray paint, primer then paint?
post #7 of 16 Old 05-16-2012, 08:59 AM
2nd Gear

I plasti dipped my wife's trim about 9 months ago and it's fine, as long as you do it right!

post #8 of 16 Old 05-16-2012, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to hernando
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artema View Post
you can just buy a gallon for around 60 dollars and do the whole car i have a spray gun.. and the gallon would add around 15 pounds my neighbor did a gti and had a ton left over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivantheterrible View Post
If you go to dipyourcar.com they sell a car kit with a sprayer for around $300 .. I'm thinking about doing it on my wife's Toyota her paint is pretty faded from living in AZ where it got to 119 last year!

good point it gets max 90 by me but i read on a few fourms it lasted all summer with no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artema View Post
you seriously think 300 cans? its a car not a house lol i think if you used spray cans it would be 15 to 20 cans... but i would go with a gallon and use a spray gun it would be a better finish

- How long does PlastiDip last? PlastiDip will last a very long time. We always suggest a minimum of 4-5 coats. We've seen wheels, grilles, ect dipped for over 1 a year without having to be touched up. Unless there is a specific event that damages the PlastiDip, it will hold up great and keep it's finish. It is very durable and will not lose it's bond.

- Will it hold up to the elements (sun, winter)? PlastiDip is extremely resistant to the elements, including sun fading, winter ice, cold, salt ect. A lot of customers actually dip their wheels and cars specifically to protect the original surfaces from the winter season.

- Does it really peel off? Yes, PlastiDip really does peel off. We always suggest a minimum of 4-5 coats, not only for durability, but to make sure it peels off in large pieces when you are ready. Check in our videos section and you will see a video showing how it peels off of wheels, ect. It will peel off even after a long period of time - however after extreme lengths of time (8-12 months), it may dry out a bit and come off in smaller pieces.

- How many coats should I put on? DipYourCar.com always suggests a minimum of 4-5 coats. Winter wheels, ect may benefit from an extra couple coats for good measure.

- Do you ship internationally? No, DipYourCar.com does NOT ship outside of the continental 48 states at this time. We make no exceptions, as it is illegal to ship PlastiDip, a flammable and hazardous material, via air.

- How/Can I wash the dipped areas of my car? Dipped items/cars can be easily hand washed with regular carwash soap. Usually a good washing with soap, water and a soft mitt is all the dipped area will need once a week to stay looking brand new. Car washes that use high pressure washers or harsh brushes should be avoided.

- Can I use PlastiDip as a clear protective bra for the front of my car? Of course! We have hundreds of customers that use the Original Clear PlastiDip as a protective clear bra. Works great!

- Does Glossifier peel off just like regular Plastidip? Yes, Glossifier peels off just like the Original Plastidip! So do the Metalizers!

- Can I spray Glossifier over non-plastidipped areas? Yes, Glossifier can be sprayed over non- plastidipped areas and will add a glossy finish. It also will peel off afterwards!

- How far away should I spray PlastiDip? The usual recommended spray distance is between 4-5 inches away. Watch some of our videos from the Videos section to see Fonzie spray!

- Will PlastiDip protect my wheels from winter salt/snow? PlastiDIp is extremely resistant to the elements, including winter ice, cold, salt ect. A lot of customers actually dip their wheels and cars specifically to protect the original surfaces from the winter season.

- Do you sell PlastiDip in Gallons? Yes! We sell PlastiDip in gallons in our Products Section. Normal colors as well as custom colors are available!

- Can PlastiDip be sprayed out of a spraygun? Of course! We have shops and customers all over the country who spray our Pre-Thinned PlastiDip through all kinds of sprayers and spray guns. Pre-thinned plastidip is available through DipYourCar.com in 11 ounce units and Gallons! It comes ready to spray.

- Can I cover a black car in white plastidip? Yes, many customers have dipped a black car white. It just takes more product to do so. If you plan on dipping your black car white, prepare to go through at least 20 cans or 2 gallons to do so. Better to have extra than not enough.

- Do you mix custom colors? Yes, DipYourCar.com is the only place where you can get custom and exclusive colors of plastidip made for you! Email if you want to request a custom color - or check out the Exclusive Color Section in our Products Page!

- How many gallons would I need to dip a whole car? 2 Gallons is enough to dip a regular sized sedan.

- What spray gun do you suggest? We suggest using the DYC Pro Sprayer - sold here and only available on DipYourCar.com. This gun was specifically designed to be used with PlastiDip, and is not available in retail stores.

2008 HONDA ACCORD SEDAN (Black)

18" coupe V6 wheels dark bronze
Upper Mugen grille
Lower mesh grille
V6 front bumper
6000k led strip headlight
3000k yellow fog light
led Tails smoked bottom
Led inspire trunk lid
roof spoiler
oem 12' deck lid
LED interior conversion
15% tint
JDM license plate relocator
post #9 of 16 Old 05-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Michael

I was joking about 300 cans, but I know they don't hold as much as they seem they would. My window trim (one side) took an entire can of plasti-dip, and when I ripped it off and used real paint, it was another entire can. If you can get a bucket and a sprayer, probably will be far more efficient. Just not sure why.

/

/

post #10 of 16 Old 05-16-2012, 11:37 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivantheterrible View Post
I plasti dipped my wife's trim about 9 months ago and it's fine, as long as you do it right!
That's some saucy talk right there.

2014 ASM Accord Coupe V6 EX-L Auto/w Navi
post #11 of 16 Old 05-16-2012, 11:40 AM
2nd Gear

post #12 of 16 Old 05-16-2012, 07:43 PM
MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukfoo View Post
That's some saucy talk right there.
Lolololololol

18" HFP wheels
Dropped on Tein S.Techs
25mm Rear Spacers
20mm Front Spacers
Megan Cambers/trac bars
JDM Red H badge
OEM fogs w/8000k HIDs
20% 3M HP tint
Type R red engine covers
Piaa 9005s
cree reverse leds
led interior
Trunk weight removal mod
Intake Resonator removed
DRLs removed
Debadged trunk
post #13 of 16 Old 05-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Running NYC

hmm I would love it if you tried this and posted some pics of the progress laying down the coats and the finished product. I have been toying with the idea of dipping my car in matte white for the summer.

2008 Accord Sedan V6
Satin Red Full dip Morimoto h1 quad retrofit(HIDILLUSIONZ)
4300k low 3000k fogs
Demon eye projector mod
JDM Badges Front/Back
Acura TL-SHAWD IM cover
Debadged
28% tint all around
Switchblade Key
Takeda SRI/Magnaflow Cat-Back
Megan racing test pipe
Hawk 5.0 pads
Stoptech drilled/slotted rotors
Led signal upgrades
19x8.5 TSW Rotary forged Interlagos
Adaptec 15mm custom spacers on rear
Tein Basis coils 2" drop
19MM Acura TL rear sway bar
post #14 of 16 Old 05-16-2012, 10:01 PM
MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy View Post
hmm I would love it if you tried this and posted some pics of the progress laying down the coats and the finished product. I have been toying with the idea of dipping my car in matte white for the summer.
Have u checked out dipyourcar.com? Heres a link to the gallery page, where a few people posted pics of entire cars dipped (although no accords)

18" HFP wheels
Dropped on Tein S.Techs
25mm Rear Spacers
20mm Front Spacers
Megan Cambers/trac bars
JDM Red H badge
OEM fogs w/8000k HIDs
20% 3M HP tint
Type R red engine covers
Piaa 9005s
cree reverse leds
led interior
Trunk weight removal mod
Intake Resonator removed
DRLs removed
Debadged trunk
post #15 of 16 Old 05-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Running NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnyb748 View Post
Have u checked out dipyourcar.com? Heres a link to the gallery page, where a few people posted pics of entire cars dipped (although no accords)
Hey thanks Donny! ill take a look at that.

2008 Accord Sedan V6
Satin Red Full dip Morimoto h1 quad retrofit(HIDILLUSIONZ)
4300k low 3000k fogs
Demon eye projector mod
JDM Badges Front/Back
Acura TL-SHAWD IM cover
Debadged
28% tint all around
Switchblade Key
Takeda SRI/Magnaflow Cat-Back
Megan racing test pipe
Hawk 5.0 pads
Stoptech drilled/slotted rotors
Led signal upgrades
19x8.5 TSW Rotary forged Interlagos
Adaptec 15mm custom spacers on rear
Tein Basis coils 2" drop
19MM Acura TL rear sway bar
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.