For everyone with the Magnaflow 14832 muffler - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 04-24-2012, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
budsthe3

For everyone with the Magnaflow 14832 muffler

For everyone with an i4 with a Magnaflow 14832 muffler, I want to buy one, but i noticed the 14832 muffler has a Center Inlet that the exhaust front pipe goes into. Now, I looked under my Accord, and the stock muffler has an Offset Inlet. Would there be any modifications the muffler shop would have to do?
Or should I buy this muffler instead for a direct fit:

If I should get the muffler I mentioned above, my only concern is if it will sound like the 14832 muffler, because I do not want it to be louder than the 14832.

2011 LX-S Coupe, Taffeta White, 5 speed manual transmission, Injen short ram intake, 20% tints, V6 lip spoiler, M3 rear roof spoiler, Magnaflow muffler, Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar, Energy Suspension polyurethane rear sway bar bushings, Ultra Racing front upper strut tower bar.

2004 Blazer 4X4
1970 Chevelle SS454
1979 Trans Am with t-tops
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 04-25-2012, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
budsthe3

Anyone???

2011 LX-S Coupe, Taffeta White, 5 speed manual transmission, Injen short ram intake, 20% tints, V6 lip spoiler, M3 rear roof spoiler, Magnaflow muffler, Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar, Energy Suspension polyurethane rear sway bar bushings, Ultra Racing front upper strut tower bar.

2004 Blazer 4X4
1970 Chevelle SS454
post #3 of 19 Old 04-28-2012, 03:51 PM
The Scratcher

There's no way its going to be loud if your resonators are on.

-2010 V6 Coupe-
-Focal 165VRS speakers/Focal 33v2 Subwoofer/Alpine CDA 9887 headunit/Lrx 2.4 Audison Amp/Lots of deadening-

post #4 of 19 Old 04-28-2012, 05:08 PM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to trithumb
I took my two into the shop and said make it happen... they just bent and made the y pipe and said merry christmas.

::: PMM 09 accord coupe EX-L 2.4 Auto ::: Black T-Rex lower billet grille ::: Upper Mugen replica grille :::
HFP Lipkit with gloss black fog housings ::: 55w 10000k HIDS low beams ::: 19x8.5 konig lace ::: 245/35/20 falken 452 ::: air ride suspension ::: J-power 3 arm Camber kit ::: 15% tint all around ::: Smoked tail lights ::: Interior Hyper White LED Dome and map lights ::: Custom stock headlights with sprayed chrome housings, tinted amber side marker and CCFL halos :::
post #5 of 19 Old 04-28-2012, 06:02 PM
5th Gear

are u going for dual or single? i went the single exhaust route. like bandigo said, if u leave the resonator on, it's gonna be pretty quiet in normal driving. but once u pass 3000 RPM, man, that thing roars and comes to life.

i heard there is a break-in period? is that about 100 miles? if so, does it sound any different from the first day of installing?

ASM/Blk EX-L i4 Sedan Auto aka "sUbTLe"

Done: OEM Splashguard - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust 14832 - JDM Emblems - Takeda SRI - LED Interior/License (White/Blue) - Blacked Out Grill/Window Trim - 5% Rear 50% Front - Philips 9006 Halogen Headlight Bulbs - Hankook Ventus V2

To Do: TSX RSB/Shiftknob - Coilovers - 8.5 Trunk/Front Bumper Conversion - USDM Mugen Grill - Headlight Tint - Painted Engine Cover - Blacked Out Gearbox - Lid Spoiler - Window/Moonroof Visor - P2R Throttle Body Spacer
post #6 of 19 Old 04-29-2012, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
budsthe3

Yes, I was going to leave the resonator on. I am going to keep it a single exhaust system because I do not have the funds to go the dual route.
So I guess I should not worry that it will be too loud if i keep the resonator on.
I am hoping it will be just a little louder than stock, with the resonator on. Thats really what my goal is for, and the better sound than stock.

2004 Blazer 4X4
1970 Chevelle SS454
post #7 of 19 Old 04-29-2012, 01:40 PM
5th Gear

i would've definitely done the dual exhaust route, but i don't have the cutout because i have the sedan. buying a v6 bumper and repainting it would've cost too much for me. (i'm still a student)
trust me, it sounds better than stock. u just won't hear much under 3000

ASM/Blk EX-L i4 Sedan Auto aka "sUbTLe"

Done: OEM Splashguard - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust 14832 - JDM Emblems - Takeda SRI - LED Interior/License (White/Blue) - Blacked Out Grill/Window Trim - 5% Rear 50% Front - Philips 9006 Halogen Headlight Bulbs - Hankook Ventus V2

To Do: TSX RSB/Shiftknob - Coilovers - 8.5 Trunk/Front Bumper Conversion - USDM Mugen Grill - Headlight Tint - Painted Engine Cover - Blacked Out Gearbox - Lid Spoiler - Window/Moonroof Visor - P2R Throttle Body Spacer
post #8 of 19 Old 04-29-2012, 02:07 PM
5th Gear

I might also follow your lead........party on, Wayne.

2011 Accord Sedan LX 5-spd Alabaster Silver
Acura rear sway bar 17mm upgrade
Keeping it stock hoping to run it 200,000 miles.
post #9 of 19 Old 04-29-2012, 02:52 PM
2nd Gear

The shop had no issues with mine, I went the dual route. It isn't loud with resonators, but it is deeper and I can feel/hear some sort of low-toned bass when I start up the car / accelerate... but it's nice

08 NHBP Coupe i4
Takeda SRI
Dual Magnaflow exhausts
post #10 of 19 Old 04-29-2012, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
budsthe3

i'm going to have the muffler shop put the muffler on, then i'll drive it for a few days to see how i like it, then if i want it louder, i'll take it back to the muffler shop and have them remove the resonator

2004 Blazer 4X4
1970 Chevelle SS454
post #11 of 19 Old 10-07-2012, 04:45 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsthe3 View Post
i'm going to have the muffler shop put the muffler on, then i'll drive it for a few days to see how i like it, then if i want it louder, i'll take it back to the muffler shop and have them remove the resonator
update on your muffler. did you just weld it on your stock piping? how does it sound with the resonator and w/out the resonator if you took it off?? did you take off the resonator?
post #12 of 19 Old 10-08-2012, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
budsthe3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanManuEl View Post
update on your muffler. did you just weld it on your stock piping? how does it sound with the resonator and w/out the resonator if you took it off?? did you take off the resonator?

i had a muffler shop weld it in to my stock piping. i used the magnaflow 11225 because it is offset inlet/center outlet like the stock muffler so the shop will not have much trouble making it work. I also wanted to re-used the stock OEM chrome tip, and the 11225 muffler does not come with a chrome tip, like the 14832 that others have bought.
i did not take off the resonator, as i do not want it to be a lot louder than it is now, and have more drone inside the car.
the sound of the car is awesome! its a bit louder than stock, but not obnoxious. it does have a little drone inside the car even though i kept the resonator on, so i am glad i did not remove it or it would have been even worse. the tone of the muffler is real nice. it sounds deep, smooth, sporty, and mature. it does not sound like a tin fart can, and i have it on an i4 Coupe.

2004 Blazer 4X4
1970 Chevelle SS454
post #13 of 19 Old 11-05-2012, 12:08 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsthe3 View Post
i had a muffler shop weld it in to my stock piping. i used the magnaflow 11225 because it is offset inlet/center outlet like the stock muffler so the shop will not have much trouble making it work. I also wanted to re-used the stock OEM chrome tip, and the 11225 muffler does not come with a chrome tip, like the 14832 that others have bought.
i did not take off the resonator, as i do not want it to be a lot louder than it is now, and have more drone inside the car.
the sound of the car is awesome! its a bit louder than stock, but not obnoxious. it does have a little drone inside the car even though i kept the resonator on, so i am glad i did not remove it or it would have been even worse. the tone of the muffler is real nice. it sounds deep, smooth, sporty, and mature. it does not sound like a tin fart can, and i have it on an i4 Coupe.
can you post a video? cuz im planning on getting that muffler also.
post #14 of 19 Old 11-07-2012, 04:13 PM
1st Gear

or can you post some pics?
post #15 of 19 Old 11-08-2012, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
budsthe3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanManuEl View Post
or can you post some pics?
pics, it really just looks like the stock OEM muffler, with a bit more shine on the back of it when you look at the rear of the car.
i have a video, but the sound is terrible and not clear at all. just sounds like a mess. you will not be disapointed. it sounds the same as the other Magnaflow muffler #14832, i believe is the number that a lot of people use.
just do a youtube search for an 8th Gen Accord with the engine you have, (i4 or V6), and you will know what it sounds like.

2004 Blazer 4X4
1970 Chevelle SS454
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.