are you happy with your 4 cylinder? - Page 4 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 54 Old 10-09-2015, 10:20 AM
1st Gear

Thanks outersquare! I was initially reading the KTuner threads, but haven't for awhile. Now I have to decide if it's worth the cost.

Advertisement

post #47 of 54 Old 10-09-2015, 12:02 PM
port & polish everything

It is definitely still worth it. Ktuner has some dynos for the 8G I4 showing the reflash alone adds up to 20 WHP in some parts of the power curve. You are actually getting both more horsepower and better response.

My parents have stock 2008 and 2012 LX sedans that I routinely drive when visiting on vacation and my modded coupe is much faster. It is hard to believe those are the same car as mine.

The Official KTuner 8G i4 tuning thread - KTuner/Reflash Options

Curt L. and willdrumforfood like this.

2003 LX eternal blue sedan - tsx intake manifold, dc sports header, fujita cold air intake, hondata and p2r heatshields, tls rear sway bar, 6mt strut bar, brembo rotors
2007 SE cool blue sedan - p2r heatshield, k&n drop in, no resonator
2010 LX-S belize blue coupe - bored throttle body, ported runners, hps silicone intake, aem drop in, tsx rear sway bar, ktuner.com
post #48 of 54 Old 10-10-2015, 11:55 AM
4th Gear

Garage
I am happy with mine, its the EX-L so it has the 190 HP K24z3. Plenty of power for my needs, not so happy with the VTC grinding issue though.

2012 Honda Accord EX-L "Jazmine"
45K miles
PPPP 0w20 / Fram Ultra

post #49 of 54 Old 10-13-2015, 03:42 PM
'09 EX 4DR 5MT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmax View Post
Reviving a 3 year old thread to post a wall of text about flywheels.

10/10
Hilarious, but true. He's right about the flywheel though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outersquare View Post
It is definitely still worth it. Ktuner has some dynos for the 8G I4 showing the reflash alone adds up to 20 WHP in some parts of the power curve. You are actually getting both more horsepower and better response.

My parents have stock 2008 and 2012 LX sedans that I routinely drive when visiting on vacation and my modded coupe is much faster. It is hard to believe those are the same car as mine.

The Official KTuner 8G i4 tuning thread - KTuner/Reflash Options
Mad setup you've got there man - just curious, have you done anything besides intake/TB and the KTuner flash? Impressive, if that's all. Even if not, still nice - I notice the throttle response on my EX 4 Door can be a little slow at times (not that I'm racing it, it's a daily and a family sedan at that), and if so many others have had great luck they'll likely get my business too.
The Following User Says Thank You to willdrumforfood For This Useful Post:
BanzaiRocket (05-25-2016)
post #50 of 54 Old 10-13-2015, 07:58 PM
port & polish everything

I guess nothing else if you count everything under intake, like polished runners/TB. The plastic manifold also has some casting flash inside that I carefully trimmed down. My exhaust is still stock, the LX-S/EX already have the better exhaust. Keep in mind the LX-S coupe is ~100 lbs lighter than the EX sedan.

I also use a 10 lb racing battery and stripped out most of the under hood plastic trim. This doesn't help acceleration as much as the steering, turn in is much quicker. It hasn't left me stranded yet, but may not be good for the northeast region.

I test drove the Scion FRS and TC last week at the Seattle autoshow, both automatic. No contest auto for auto my car pulls harder than both. Of course especially the FRS has better handling and balance.

2003 LX eternal blue sedan - tsx intake manifold, dc sports header, fujita cold air intake, hondata and p2r heatshields, tls rear sway bar, 6mt strut bar, brembo rotors
2007 SE cool blue sedan - p2r heatshield, k&n drop in, no resonator
2010 LX-S belize blue coupe - bored throttle body, ported runners, hps silicone intake, aem drop in, tsx rear sway bar, ktuner.com
post #51 of 54 Old 01-13-2016, 12:24 PM
A Scusi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdrumforfood View Post
Hilarious, but true. He's right about the flywheel though!

Mad setup you've got there man - just curious, have you done anything besides intake/TB and the KTuner flash? Impressive, if that's all. Even if not, still nice - I notice the throttle response on my EX 4 Door can be a little slow at times (not that I'm racing it, it's a daily and a family sedan at that), and if so many others have had great luck they'll likely get my business too.
Thanks, oh, one other thing to increase throttle response is the Unorthodox Racing light weight pulley kit. Again, reducing rotational mass increases the responsiveness of the motor to the pedal, and unlike the lightened flywheels, it won't be a jerkier ride as the engine will in turn idle smoother with lighter pulleys as opposed to the factory pulleys. And a nice little side effect is it helps to free up lost horsepower transfer. So, basically, the U/R pulleys don't make/generate more horsepower, rather they assist in freeing up the output of the engine's available power, so therefore less loss between the pistons to the crank since the excess weight of the factory pulleys are like a parasite, hence the term "parasitic drag" which is usually associated with turning on your A/C. The lighter weight pulleys are easier rotate which means the engine doesn't have to work as hard to rev up, which means it seems to the driver like a faster throttle response and faster revving, which basically means you can get the engine to spin up fractions faster which will get you into the peak power band sooner, which will make your car actually accelerate in less time, so better off the line acceleration, faster to redline, and faster deceleration of the engine too, so like when you downshift at a certain point like a certain distance away from your apex of a turn, you won't have to do it quite as far away since the engine will rev down faster during downshifts, which means you can get to the apex fractions sooner thereby making your time around the track slightly faster, or up and down the mountains, whatever you're driving, it will give you more precise and accurate control over what you want the car to do.
post #52 of 54 Old 01-18-2016, 07:09 PM
'09 EX 4DR 5MT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanzaiRocket View Post
Thanks, oh, one other thing to increase throttle response is the Unorthodox Racing light weight pulley kit. Again, reducing rotational mass increases the responsiveness of the motor to the pedal, and unlike the lightened flywheels, it won't be a jerkier ride as the engine will in turn idle smoother with lighter pulleys as opposed to the factory pulleys. And a nice little side effect is it helps to free up lost horsepower transfer. So, basically, the U/R pulleys don't make/generate more horsepower, rather they assist in freeing up the output of the engine's available power, so therefore less loss between the pistons to the crank since the excess weight of the factory pulleys are like a parasite, hence the term "parasitic drag" which is usually associated with turning on your A/C. The lighter weight pulleys are easier rotate which means the engine doesn't have to work as hard to rev up, which means it seems to the driver like a faster throttle response and faster revving, which basically means you can get the engine to spin up fractions faster which will get you into the peak power band sooner, which will make your car actually accelerate in less time, so better off the line acceleration, faster to redline, and faster deceleration of the engine too, so like when you downshift at a certain point like a certain distance away from your apex of a turn, you won't have to do it quite as far away since the engine will rev down faster during downshifts, which means you can get to the apex fractions sooner thereby making your time around the track slightly faster, or up and down the mountains, whatever you're driving, it will give you more precise and accurate control over what you want the car to do.
Extra horsepower is less of what I'm going for - it's more a 'feel' thing - and it looks like this is a viable option too, so I'll definitely keep it in mind. Thank you Banzai! Konichiwa. Lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 10/9/15 - present [160k and counting]
'97 Maxima GLE "Maxie" - 10/5/10 - 10/9/15 [RIP 231,288]
---
"A real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken a new action. If there's no action, you haven't really decided." - Tony Robbins
post #53 of 54 Old 01-18-2016, 07:23 PM
Yea I modded my car again

I have the ur pulley and it's not as good as on other cars because the weight of the stock pulley is not much.that being said I have a v6 and therefore it could be a diffent story for the 4 cyl. Compare it to the 08 tls pulley and that thing weights easily 2xs as much. It is going to added a bit of pep, and it does make shifting more fluent if you are very familiar with you clutch.

But I will be honest and say I was disappointed when I saw the accord pulley was so light compared to the tls pulley.

Hell you could put the 08 accord pulley in place of the tls pulley and that would essentiall be a good mod for a tls.

I was amazed when I found the same ur pulley replaces different pulleys.

08 EX-L V6/6
Performance : Dyno Tuned Ktuner, Fastline ss clutch line & powerlinks, P2R gaskets, Clutchmasters flywheel and clutch, XLR8 ss brake lines, Progress 22mm rsb, HSD coilovers, Blox 15mm rear spacers,
Power : RV6 hfpc, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Takeda SRI, Unorthodox pulley, P2R pnp runners, Magnaflow cbe, tl sh awd tb, j37 manifold
post #54 of 54 Old 01-18-2016, 07:53 PM
Don't drink and drive

Garage
Some prefer more cylinders. My Accord is a V6, but I also have a crossover that's a 4 banger. I'll tell you that I like both. I enjoy both of them, and I think the 4 cyl is kinda fun. I'll be keeping my Accord for a good while most likely, but my the next car I'm eyeing is a 4 cylinder.

2005 Honda Accord V6 - 179k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ordinary people have big TVs. Extraordinary people have big libraries." - Robin Sharma
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.