Somebody hit my bumper - How much $ for a repaint? (pic) - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Somebody hit my bumper - How much $ for a repaint? (pic)

Well some jerk managed to back into my car while it was parked in the parking garage at my school... No idea who it was unfortunately. I've got a pic of the damage below. Wasn't too bad all things considered. Its just some scratched paint and clear coat. No bent plastic or anything like that so I shouldn't need a new bumper thankfully.

But I'm wondering how much do you think a repaint is going to cost? And since the bumper is plastic and not sheet metal, it can still be sanded down and repainted right?

2010 Accord EX Sedan 5MT PMM
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 02:30 PM

Same thing happened to me a while back.

The upper and lighter scratches like yours, I was able to buff out. The lower deeper scratches, I just used touch up paint. It's not perfect, but also not noticeable unless you're up close.

post #3 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 02:37 PM
Retired from Car Biz....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My DD:'16 Camaro

post #4 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Ballin' on a budget

In highschool my car was bumped into at a parking lot too. The damage was actually a little less than what yours seems to be. It costs 500 and change to repaint the bumper, didnt replace it or anything only painted.

If you have a buddy that is confident with painting, that would be the way to go! My brother does auto body and has fixed several scratches and dents in my car for pennies! Well, the cost of paint might be around 50 dollars... and a case of beer of course!

Otherwise, touch up paint will help mask the scratches, but you will still be able to tell...
post #5 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 02:47 PM
5th Gear

Why don't you just touch it up instead of paint it. Wait until you bumper is completely crack, and just replace it.
post #6 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 03:41 PM
I-Vtec,Do You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen e View Post
Yep sounds about right. Thats what it cost to get mine done also.

08 Accord Ex Coupe I4
Sold- 98 Civic Ex Coupe

Check Out My Car Domain Page:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pvnus View Post
Why don't you just touch it up instead of paint it. Wait until you bumper is completely crack, and just replace it.
Unfortunately I'm a perfectionist. And that spot where the clear coat was taken off would especially bother me every time I walked up to the car.

Thanks for the responses though. The $250 was what I was hoping to see, but that $500 scares me a bit. I am looking for a quality job though, no Macco for me.

2010 Accord EX Sedan 5MT PMM
post #8 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Ballin' on a budget

The shop I went to was a certified auto body shop... They do a lot of insurance work, the insurance companies trust their work so much that they dont send adjusters out when you get an estimate from this place...

That being said, they charged just over $500 for a similar job... The work was top notch, you couldnt tell that it was repainted. But I do feel that they may have overshot the price so that the person that hit me would have to go through insurance.

Im sure if you shop around youll find a good deal, but you may end up with a bad match or poor quality job (dust in the paint etc..)

Another time my car was kicked and a huge dent was in the right rear quarter panel... My brother painted it in his back yard and bondo'd the dent. Parts alone was over 150, paint aint cheap! He didnt charge me labor either, so these 250 prices seem to be the macco type... either that or they know a guy!
post #9 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Retired from Car Biz....

No macco crap..... there are three shops in South Florida that I know that do quality work with master technicians and do it for 250.....

My DD:'16 Camaro
post #10 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 05:13 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen e View Post
No macco crap..... there are three shops in South Florida that I know that do quality work with master technicians and do it for 250.....
Glen can you pm me. Had my Rear v6 bumper painted and hated the outcome need a shop to sand down and repair

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

2008 Honda Accord LX

Ksport Pro Coil Overs- Sarona Rear Window Visor- SPC Three Piece Camber Kit- Vossen CV1 10.5 rear on 245/35/20and Front 9 on 225/35/20- OEM Mugen front Grill- OEM Deck Lid Spoiler- MagnaFlow Exhaust-Takeda SRI Soon!
post #11 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

M105/205 for top...it may buff out if it is only in clear coat and paint is still there. Lower looks like paint is still there but maybe clear coat is completely gone?

For a perfect look pay a shop to repaint.
post #12 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 06:16 PM
5th Gear

same thing happened to me as well. anyone know any good paint shops in the LA/SF Valley area?

ASM/Blk EX-L i4 Sedan Auto aka "sUbTLe"

Done: OEM Splashguard - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust 14832 - JDM Emblems - Takeda SRI - LED Interior/License (White/Blue) - Blacked Out Grill/Window Trim - 5% Rear 50% Front - Philips 9006 Halogen Headlight Bulbs - Hankook Ventus V2

To Do: TSX RSB/Shiftknob - Coilovers - 8.5 Trunk/Front Bumper Conversion - USDM Mugen Grill - Headlight Tint - Painted Engine Cover - Blacked Out Gearbox - Lid Spoiler - Window/Moonroof Visor - P2R Throttle Body Spacer
post #13 of 16 Old 04-01-2012, 04:35 AM
Running NYC

Just to give u a rough estimate. I just got my front bumper side fender and rear bumper painted for 600!

2008 Accord Sedan V6
Satin Red Full dip Morimoto h1 quad retrofit(HIDILLUSIONZ)
4300k low 3000k fogs
Demon eye projector mod
JDM Badges Front/Back
Acura TL-SHAWD IM cover
Debadged
28% tint all around
Switchblade Key
Takeda SRI/Magnaflow Cat-Back
Megan racing test pipe
Hawk 5.0 pads
Stoptech drilled/slotted rotors
Led signal upgrades
19x8.5 TSW Rotary forged Interlagos
Adaptec 15mm custom spacers on rear
Tein Basis coils 2" drop
19MM Acura TL rear sway bar
post #14 of 16 Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 AM
5th Gear

$250? for that lil scratch imma just leave it and might as well buy an intake...

ASM/Blk EX-L i4 Sedan Auto aka "sUbTLe"

Done: OEM Splashguard - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust 14832 - JDM Emblems - Takeda SRI - LED Interior/License (White/Blue) - Blacked Out Grill/Window Trim - 5% Rear 50% Front - Philips 9006 Halogen Headlight Bulbs - Hankook Ventus V2

To Do: TSX RSB/Shiftknob - Coilovers - 8.5 Trunk/Front Bumper Conversion - USDM Mugen Grill - Headlight Tint - Painted Engine Cover - Blacked Out Gearbox - Lid Spoiler - Window/Moonroof Visor - P2R Throttle Body Spacer
post #15 of 16 Old 05-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Running NYC

Yes 250 but u would have a full painted bumper.

2008 Accord Sedan V6
Satin Red Full dip Morimoto h1 quad retrofit(HIDILLUSIONZ)
4300k low 3000k fogs
Demon eye projector mod
JDM Badges Front/Back
Acura TL-SHAWD IM cover
Debadged
28% tint all around
Switchblade Key
Takeda SRI/Magnaflow Cat-Back
Megan racing test pipe
Hawk 5.0 pads
Stoptech drilled/slotted rotors
Led signal upgrades
19x8.5 TSW Rotary forged Interlagos
Adaptec 15mm custom spacers on rear
Tein Basis coils 2" drop
19MM Acura TL rear sway bar
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.