Removing Front and Rear emblem/logo - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 02-07-2012, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Removing Front and Rear emblem/logo

how do you guys remove it properly?
can someone post pics step by step or links.
planning to paint it. =)

Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 02-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Michael

I pulled it off with my fingers, then wiped it with an old wet terrycloth washcloth until the sticky residue was gone. Other people have much fancier methods including dental floss or fishing line and hair dryers and stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/

/

post #3 of 23 Old 02-07-2012, 06:49 PM
2nd Gear

Just run some floss underneath the emblems all the way through. Note that the Honda "H" Logo has holes behind it (both front and back) If you want them black, i would suggest something called "plastidip" You don't need to take the emblems off with that and when you sell it, you can just peel the black coating off. Search youtube there are a lot of tutorials for plastidip emblems there

post #4 of 23 Old 02-07-2012, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

does it have screws? you mentioned that it has holes.
post #5 of 23 Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Michael

Nope, more light alignment pegs.

/

/

post #6 of 23 Old 02-07-2012, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

ok thanks!
btw, i saw some led emblem attachment to be placed behind the emblem. does anyone tried it?
post #7 of 23 Old 02-07-2012, 08:42 PM
dont deviate

Well since the adhesive backing won't be as sticky after removing it, id just buy new emblems. and to rid of the sticky residue left on car after removing, use products like Sticker Shock at auto stores, OR Goo Gone

/94EX CD7 G77M/DZ-D1/JDM S2K HID/18RH-C5/WW-T/(gone)
/07SE CM5 NH700M/17V6-6/OEM LIP/Decklid/Hybrid LED/TSX HID/
/02IS BD1 B01B 8N8/TRD/SD/
post #8 of 23 Old 02-07-2012, 10:01 PM
4th Gear

from my Civic, same applies to Accord

residue was a bit more stubborn on the Accord for some reason. Both cars were done when new (Accord on day 1, Civic on week 1)
post #9 of 23 Old 02-07-2012, 10:14 PM
2nd Gear

they aren't exactly screws... like they are sort of two prongs. The prongs go into the holes and that holds the emblem in. There is still some adhesive though, but i think that it is mainly the prongs holding them in. For the "H" logo, you need something to gently pry it off (the floss wasn't strong enough for me, I used a small flat head screw driver being very careful- success, no paint damage for me)
post #10 of 23 Old 02-07-2012, 10:28 PM
4th Gear

the front H...

I've removed 4 and all 4 those prongs have broke upon removal.

Buy new Emblem and paint that.

go to hondaautomotiveparts.com to get a parts layout of the parts needed.
post #11 of 23 Old 02-08-2012, 02:17 AM
1st Gear

you can use 3m emblem glue if you dont want to get new emblems. it was 4$ at autozone
post #12 of 23 Old 02-08-2012, 02:28 AM
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ ~┻━┻

Send a message via AIM to Aramas Send a message via MSN to Aramas
Going by my Mugen grille, the front was held on by two metal washer clips. No adhesive was on the front at all.

Rear, there's a small line of adhesive on the top border of the emblem. For the two peg clips, open your trunk, remove the trunk liner (if you have a V6 model), and look right above where the license plate lights are and you'll see two white pegs. Use your fingers or pliers to pull them off. Then you can use floss or fishing line to saw through the adhesive (after warming it up with a hair dryer on medium or high or heat gun on low).

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 5AT I4
[Crystal Black Pearl | Black Interior]
OEM Interior Illumination | OEM Wing Spoiler | Llumar ATC 35% Tint
Interior/Exterior LEDs | Crosstour Shifter | OEM Auto Day/Night Mirror
OEM Cargo Hooks | V6 Front and Rear Bumpers | Hoen Endurance Fogs
OEM Inspire Mirrors (LHD) | OEM Power Folding Mirror Switch | Passport 9500ix Blue
WeatherTech Digi Fit Mats | Mugen Grille | Type R Emblems Front and Rear
post #13 of 23 Old 02-08-2012, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

thanks guys! will do this tomorrow.
post #14 of 23 Old 02-08-2012, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

okay help me choose after removing the emblem on rear.
- paint it glossy red or
- attach it with led that comes on when park light is on like in this link
post #15 of 23 Old 02-08-2012, 09:09 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylim1 View Post
okay help me choose after removing the emblem on rear.
- paint it glossy red or
- attach it with led that comes on when park light is on like in this link
I would say to paint it. IMHO, i think that the LED light will just look sort of dorky/wanna-be-cool-looking if it isn't done really nicely, so I would go with the glossy red pain (Esp if you have a white, silver, or black car)

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.