Eagle Eye projector headlights..to buy or not? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 11-27-2011, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Eagle Eye projector headlights..to buy or not?

What does everyone think about these (Mack i know you're there!) ? Yes I know people say these kind of projectors are inferior compared to getting it done professionally, but im not too much of a lighting aficionado. I don't mind if they aren't perfect and accept if they are worse than a pro retrofit.

That said, I don't want to buy them if they don't provide any practical benefit as well. I'm after at least a nice cutoff line. And although I will be using my HIR2 I also have an HID kit lying around and it's nice to know I can put that in at some point. I'm assuming 'projector' in the Ad means HID compatible projectors? Or are there strictly halogen projectors as well? Basically what I'm saying is I don't want to get these if they aren't even compatible with HIDs.

Another plus is that they are Eagle Eye units which is a reputable brand.

Ok enough talk and on to the link...

Would love to hear your thoughts..thanks!

Note I wont be paying any postage as well as he is close enough for a pickup.

'08 PMM v6 sedan:
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 11-27-2011, 08:28 AM
5th Gear

Since they come with halogen bulbs, I'd assume they were halogen projectors. Therefore, not compatible with HIDs. That's a lot of money to be spending on non-HID headlights that are probably worse than your OEM ones. Just my 2 cents.

2011 Accord Coupe I4 EX-L CBP
post #3 of 25 Old 11-27-2011, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Ah that sux but thanks for the reality check. Basically you are just paying for a blacked out look and angel eyes then. You're right not worth it. If I could somehow get that blacked out housing look on my stock lights I would be content.

'08 PMM v6 sedan:

post #4 of 25 Old 11-27-2011, 08:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to DOOM
They look a TON better than the hack job Anzo fixtures but it really depends on performance to guide the decision to buy. I believe they also make a chrome model that would look closer to stock. $500 isn't bad but a retro might only cost a marginal amount more than that depending on the projectors.

2011 CBP Sedan EX-L V6 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Summer: 20" Vossen CV3/Conti | Winter: 19" Genesis Track/GMax | BC Coilovers/SPC Arms | Mugen Kit | Modulo Face | Sarona Roof Spoiler | Quad Morimoto/FXR xBa Halo/Demon Eyes Retrofit | Fog Light Retrofit | Inspire OEM Mirrors/Garnish | Eagle Eyes Trunk/Tails | Full LED Exterior/Interior | UltraGauge | Takeda SRI | JET MAF | Magnaflow/Vibrant | SprintBooster | UR/Progress Bars | EBC Brakes | Duralast Gold | Next: RV6 J-Pipe
post #5 of 25 Old 11-27-2011, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
They look a TON better than the hack job Anzo fixtures but it really depends on performance to guide the decision to buy. I believe they also make a chrome model that would look closer to stock. $500 isn't bad but a retro might only cost a marginal amount more than that depending on the projectors.
Sorry what are the hack job Anzo fixtures? I actually may be ok with these if they do provide at least better halogen performance...the reason being that I just bought some HIR2 and could use those in this unit. I do like the way these look so that comes into it as well..it's just that I wouldn't feel right about it knowing they perform the same or worse than the stock (comparing halogens).

'08 PMM v6 sedan:
post #6 of 25 Old 11-27-2011, 11:56 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniswolf View Post
What does everyone think about these (Mack i know you're there!) ? Yes I know people say these kind of projectors are inferior compared to getting it done professionally, but im not too much of a lighting aficionado. I don't mind if they aren't perfect and accept if they are worse than a pro retrofit.

That said, I don't want to buy them if they don't provide any practical benefit as well. I'm after at least a nice cutoff line. And although I will be using my HIR2 I also have an HID kit lying around and it's nice to know I can put that in at some point. I'm assuming 'projector' in the Ad means HID compatible projectors? Or are there strictly halogen projectors as well? Basically what I'm saying is I don't want to get these if they aren't even compatible with HIDs.

Another plus is that they are Eagle Eye units which is a reputable brand.

Ok enough talk and on to the link...

Would love to hear your thoughts..thanks!

Note I wont be paying any postage as well as he is close enough for a pickup.
You can install hid kits with the projector in no time, real simple.

Yes it looks like you can put these on with either halogen bulbs or hid.
post #7 of 25 Old 11-28-2011, 12:27 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbryan333 View Post
There actually isn't any projector that can handle halogen AND HID. If there is one that advertises that it supports both, then it probably doesn't support either one properly. :P

2011 Accord Coupe I4 EX-L CBP
post #8 of 25 Old 11-28-2011, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

I decided not to get this..there are too many unknowns plus the seller has terrible feedback. He told me it is HID projector but hey only warranty it if I use their HIDs. Then I can only pick up in person If I pay cash. If by paypal it has to be posted so extra $50. So I decided to forget it.

'08 PMM v6 sedan:
post #9 of 25 Old 11-28-2011, 02:47 AM
Doc Mojo

just do a retro

'09 Honda Accord EX I4 Sedan
CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL- "RAVEN"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 25 Old 11-28-2011, 03:48 AM
Corvalis TTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbryan333 View Post
You can install hid kits with the projector in no time, real simple.

There are no headlights, OEM or aftermarket, that can work safely with both HID and halogen bulbs. None. Unless, of course, someone has figured out how to change the laws of physics.

Mark - Retired automotive lighting engineer
14 Accord Touring V6 Sedan

2014 Audi S4 | 2016 Porsche GT3-RS | 08 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 | 2012 Cessna 400 Corvalis TTX

Gone but not forgotten :97 Jaguar XJ6 | 95 Ford Taurus SHO | 77 MGB
post #11 of 25 Old 11-28-2011, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuangandrew View Post
just do a retro
Thats around 1k? I'm not into lights enough to want to spend that much. Also, I can always take these out and sell it later to recoup some costs.

Only pic I could find of them installed... shame I couldn't find one of the light beam, but it looks pretty good.

'08 PMM v6 sedan:
post #12 of 25 Old 11-28-2011, 05:54 AM
5th Gear

I love the halo ringggg.
post #13 of 25 Old 11-28-2011, 06:39 AM
Retired IT Dude

Let's put it this way Dennis, I wouldn't buy them.

And if you did, I'm almost certain they DON'T use 9006 low beam bulbs (therefore, you couldn't use your HIRII's.)

Lunar Silver / Black
post #14 of 25 Old 11-28-2011, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackDaddy View Post
Let's put it this way Dennis, I wouldn't buy them.

And if you did, I'm almost certain they DON'T use 9006 low beam bulbs (therefore, you couldn't use your HIRII's.)

What..Mack!...I thought you had a deep admiration for all things Eagle Eye. Now I will be without a Christmas present

...but seriously I won't buy them ..thanks for the heads up. Just saw some cutoff pics and they look bad.. I would obsess over that.

'08 PMM v6 sedan:
post #15 of 25 Old 11-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Retired IT Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniswolf View Post
What..Mack!...I thought you had a deep admiration for all things Eagle Eye. Now I will be without a Christmas present

...but seriously I won't buy them ..thanks for the heads up. Just saw some cutoff pics and they look bad.. I would obsess over that.
I know, I'd love them if they actually worked, and provided an upgraded halogen lighting output over OEM stock reflector beam lamps. But sadly they won't / don't. As much as I'd love to have a good set of projector beams, the only way to get them would be to do a retrofit... and I'm not going to spend that kind of $$$ right now. I just dropped $1100 on a new washer & dryer set...

Lunar Silver / Black
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.