OEM Wiper Blades vs. Other Brands: What do you use? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 77 Old 10-05-2011, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

OEM Wiper Blades vs. Other Brands: What do you use?

Hey Guys,

So today was the first time I drove my car in heavy rain. I used my OEM wiper blades expecting them to function perfectly and without any noises at all. Instead, what I observed was a lot of friction and an annoying squeaky noise.

Is that the same for you guys? I searched the forum, but it seems like people generally look favorably towards the Honda OEM wipers.

BTW, I do polish my windows with Zainos Show Car Polish. Think that might affect it?

Thanks!

2011 Accord Coupe I4 EX-L CBP
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 Old 10-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Michael

After my experience I will always reccomend Silblade.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/

/

post #3 of 77 Old 10-05-2011, 10:20 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdbruin View Post
Hey Guys,

So today was the first time I drove my car in heavy rain. I used my OEM wiper blades expecting them to function perfectly and without any noises at all. Instead, what I observed was a lot of friction and an annoying squeaky noise.

Is that the same for you guys? I searched the forum, but it seems like people generally look favorably towards the Honda OEM wipers.

BTW, I do polish my windows with Zainos Show Car Polish. Think that might affect it?

Thanks!
I thought the oem was good, try cleaning the wiper blades first, and then clean the windshield and use some rain-x if you like those stuff, i like them because it helps me use less wiper.
I usually buy Bosch Icon, or Bosch(Wal-mart) Forget the name of the Bosch that sell at wal mart, they are cheaper than Bosch icon, but they do the same job.

Try any bosch see if you like them.

Its worth extra bucks since it is directly related to your safety.

post #4 of 77 Old 10-05-2011, 10:28 PM
4th Gear

I use Bosch ICON wipers on all 3 of my vehicles.
They work great.

'08 NBP Sedan EX-L V6
Acura TL A-Spec 18x8 245/40/18 Hankook Ventus V12, HFP Suspension, SPC 3-arm, Progress 22mm, OEM Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, WeatherTech Side Deflectors, T-Rex Billet Grilles, CT Woodgrain Trim & Shift Knob, OEM Remote Starter, OEM Backup Sensors, Switchblade Keys, Door Sill Trim, Aluminum Pedals, JDM Steering Wheel, OEM Cargo Net, Eagle LED Tails, Takeda SRI, P2R TBS, P2R Manifold Spacer
KUDA Mount with CarComm iPhone Pass-thru Cradle and USA SPEC PA15-HON2 interface
post #5 of 77 Old 10-05-2011, 11:34 PM
3rd Gear

I personally been using OEM whipers since i had my car in 05

1320 performance HID 6000k
L.E.D interior lights
TL 17mm RSB w/energy bushings
Fujita CAI
post #6 of 77 Old 10-06-2011, 12:00 AM
4th Gear

im just about to swap out my original wiper inserts for oem ones i got. it was starting to streak a good amount, and its only like $5-6 or something, so w/e haha. my friend used rain-x, and it was good, but not near what my oem wipers were like, streaks even when new.

2010 Honda Accord LX-P ASM
-50% Front, 20% Rear Tints
-LED Lighting
-Odyssey Lower Grill
-Deck Lid/Roof Spoiler
-Morimoto Mini w/ Apollo Shrouds Retrofit (Thanks to thisaznboi88)
-UR Front Strut bar
-17mm TSX Rear Sway Bar
post #7 of 77 Old 10-06-2011, 05:57 AM
4th Gear

I've had my OEM wipers since i bought my car in Jan 08! They're amazing!

08' Accord EX-L V6 Coupe Polished Metal Metallic
03' Accord EX I4 Alpine White
post #8 of 77 Old 10-06-2011, 08:15 AM
7th Gear

My OEM wipers were/are awesome, iver replaces once and they have been great and continue to work great.

To the same token on our odyssey when we bought it the PO had installed some kind of crap winter wipers, I replaced them with Bosch (Wal mart)which didnt work well, (Michelin) which didnt work well either, and finally went to dealer and bought the OEM Blades with inserts, and have never looked back. Your results may vary..

Other cars I had good luck with the autozone branded teflon wipers..

Kenwood
08 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L I4 NAVI
post #9 of 77 Old 10-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Bat-mobile

Send a message via AIM to Stretch23
From what I have heard is that OEM wipers are the best out there.
post #10 of 77 Old 10-06-2011, 11:31 AM
5th Gear

Recently switched back to oem. The do squeak at the end of each wipe. I think its just cuz the windshield is clean. But they wipe very clean. Before the oem's i been using bosch ICON (been throught about 4 sets by now). I didnt like them cuz they would work nice for 2 weeks and start to chatter and fumble after. This happen to every set I had. I clean them every 2 weeks, no luck.

So for me, i am sticking with oem (except during snow, where I would use the bosch only because it wont freeze).

2013 ACCORD EX I4 Sdn MSM
2008 ACCORD LX-P I4 Sdn PMM
post #11 of 77 Old 10-06-2011, 11:40 AM
3rd Gear

I've had rain-x and Bosch, both are great

post #12 of 77 Old 10-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenguyen View Post
I've had rain-x and Bosch, both are great
I had Rain-X on my 93 Accord. It was utter crap. The blade folded under in spots, not sealing the way it should. This obviously makes it only a step up from sticking your arm out the window. OEM are great, but Silblade is the best and most expensive.

/

/

post #13 of 77 Old 10-06-2011, 01:23 PM
6th Gear

We have had no problems with OEM.

About 12 years ago there was over the counter teflon edged wiper blades. I forget the manufacturer. Since moving away from California I have not seen them in our area.

They lasted a good 3 years of snow, rain and daily driving. My wife misses them on the Solara, as they were great performers and did not squeek. So far I have yet to find anything like em where I live.

I did quick search.... Trico seems to make something similar, but they claim to be new and improved designed Winter / Chill shield.

Certified 2009 EX-L Coupe - VCM - PMM
Paid $21,500 cash on 01/11

MPG: 22 City / 32 Hwy 75MPH
0w-20 cap
3.7L TL-SHAWD IM - Functional
65w H9 Lo & Fog / 80w HB3 Hi
Cargo hooks & net
Crosstour knob
Duralast Platinum 24F
I4 hood rod
MDX spacer & ported
Moded OEM CAI
Mobil 1 0w-20 & M1-110
NAPA #18514
Odyssey garnish - Flush fit
Painted splash guards
PXAMG & HDRT
Rear: Center Belt, head rests & ANC delete
Service Grade Electricals
Test Pipe
Window UP mod
Valvoline Type VI
post #14 of 77 Old 10-06-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch23 View Post
From what I have heard is that OEM wipers are the best out there.
They're the bee's knees
post #15 of 77 Old 10-06-2011, 05:36 PM
4th Gear

my accord is using oem, and my civic is using bosch.

both are ok, wipe clean, no streak. Just clean the blades weekly during your car wash

'87 accord
'92 accord
'96 civic (current car)
'01 accord (current car)
'06 accord (current car)
always been a Honda family :)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.