Need some honest opinions on lightweight wheels... - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-27-2011, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Need some honest opinions on lightweight wheels...

I've had my 2010 PMM 6-6 for about 3 months now and I've been frantically researching different wheel tire setups. It seems the trend right now is staggered fitments, and 20's. I was considering 20's but have decided to forego that route to save weight, I'm also not interested in a staggered fitment. Don't get me wrong, I think it looks great, just not for my taste.

What I'm looking for is a sub 20 lb, 19 inch rim. I've narrowed it down to a few rims:

Enkei RPF1 19x8.5 19.8 lbs each
Volk CE28N/RE30/TE37 all come in sub 20 lbs in a 19 inch rim
BBS RS-GT 19x8.5

I'm leaning towards the Enkei's, although they only come in a bright silver finish. I've also seen aN 8g sedan running the RPF1's in a 19x9.5 all around, looks nice, flushes everything right out (not sure if I would have fitment issues on the coupe though). Not sure about going with the Volks, I really dont know what a bronze wheel would look like on my PMM.

Centerline RPM's are around 17 lbs for a 19, but I think they are ugly as sin.

So I ask you everyone here on the forums:
1) What do think of these wheels? Does anyone have pics of a similar setup on an 8g coupe?
2) Can anyone think of another brand of wheel that might have a 19 inch rim that comes in under 20lbs?

Last edited by DoubleM; 07-27-2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: TYPO
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Out of Control

I like those wheels. They are also very strong. The one thing I dont like about them on the accord is that you need BBK to feel up the wheel. It looks way to open

Peace Out SuckA!!!!
post #3 of 8 Old 07-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Sugar coating for you ..

I'd go with Volk TE37 SL's. The Enkei's are probably the cheapest ( not cheap as in crap but cheap as in price ).

2011 Subaru STi - Stage 2 - Plasma Blue Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda Accord Coupe V-6 EX-L AT NBP
No longer owned

post #4 of 8 Old 07-28-2011, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielc409 View Post
I'd go with Volk TE37 SL's. The Enkei's are probably the cheapest ( not cheap as in crap but cheap as in price ).
Just went to the rays website and looked at the TE37 SL's, I honestly had no idea they were offered in that color. I was thinkin of special ordering a set of the RPF1's with the SBC coating that look the same, but I like the design of the TE37 more.

Checked the specs on the TE37's, they come in a 19x9.5 114.3 +22, looks like these wont fit...
post #5 of 8 Old 07-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Sugar coating for you ..

They'll fit, might need to roll fenders in the rear if you plan on dropping.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No longer owned
post #6 of 8 Old 07-28-2011, 02:38 PM
3rd Gear

O.Z. Ultraleggera. IIRC they are around 17 lbs for a 19" rim. Some friends use them on their track vehicles due to the light weight.

iForged make some lightweight wheels. Gramlights also makes some nice rims, but they are mainly for competition and they can be hard to find and pricey, IIRC $1600 each.

If you want the lightest wheel around, nothing beats the magnesium Minilite, a 15" (their largest) weighs 10.5 lbs!!

2011 Accord EX Saloon- PMM -5 M/T
WI legal LLumar tint, WeatherTech FloorLiners.

"I tip my hat to the man who drives an Alfa Romeo" - Henry Ford
post #7 of 8 Old 07-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Sugar coating for you ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfc70 View Post
O.Z. Ultraleggera. IIRC they are around 17 lbs for a 19" rim. Some friends use them on their track vehicles due to the light weight.

iForged make some lightweight wheels. Gramlights also makes some nice rims, but they are mainly for competition and they can be hard to find and pricey, IIRC $1600 each.

If you want the lightest wheel around, nothing beats the magnesium Minilite, a 15" (their largest) weighs 10.5 lbs!!
The Ultraleggera III's, not sure if those are the same ones you are speaking about, are 28lbs for the 20's, so I doubt they are 17lbs for 19's. Gram Lights are about the same price as Volks for the most part.

No longer owned
post #8 of 8 Old 07-28-2011, 09:11 PM
4th Gear

Send a message via Yahoo to el Vato
I like the RPF1's but if you get a low offset. Those wheels look great when they are more concave.

As for the Volks, any of those would look great as long as you get the correct offset as well.

In my opinion the RS-GT's are over priced. They're a great looking wheel but I wouldn't buy those new.

I've had many types of wheels. I can tell you 3 piece forged wheels have their disadvantages, in example iForged and Asanti. I've had iForged and Asanti's in the past. Both I found retain water in the barrel of the wheel because of their design. The accumulated water would cause the car's I had them on to feel like the wheels were not balanced. This only occured during wet weather. Since then I only stick to 1 piece forged monoblock wheels such as Volk, Enkei, and OZ to name a few.

My first set of 1 piece forged wheels were from . For the money, they will custom fit them to your car based on wheel size, width, and perfect offset.

Here's my old CTS-V when I had CCWheels on it. They were 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear.

08' Accord Sedan EX V6 Silver/Black Leather
  • 18x9 Falken RT-7M et45 front et35 rear
  • 245/45/18 Falken Ziex 612
  • Rays Engineering Duraluminum
  • HFP Suspension
  • 12.6" Wilwood BBK
  • USDM Mugen Grille
  • 20% Tint
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.