Does Anyone Have Front Windshield Tints?? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Does Anyone Have Front Windshield Tints??

I had stated something about this in a previous thread, but it got overlooked and I never really got a valid response. Anyways, I'm thinking about tinting my front windshield 35%..my boy has a Mercedes and has 37% on the front windshield and if you look directly on at night it's almost like a mirror, between the lights and the tint (pretty hott looking, in my opinion). I've also taken many rides in his car, sitting in the passanger seat, and it seems barely noticable when looking from the inside, out. So, before I go ahead and get this done, does anyone have thier front windshield tinted?? If so, what percentage and is it worth it?? Thanks!!

Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Out of Control

I have the top of my windshield tinted where the blue factory tint it. I would imagine that it would be illegal everywhere to tint your windshield. Kind of a stupid thing to do IMO.

2009 Accord EX-L, i4, AT

20% tints on 3 back windows and visor of windshield
35% tint on front 2 windows
GrillCraft MX Series Black Steel Mesh
LED Map/Dome Lights
Full HFP Kit
WeatherTech Window Visors

Weapon R i-Throttle
UR Underdrive Pulleys
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Takeda SRI

Pats Fan
post #3 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to xJoeMama78 Send a message via MSN to xJoeMama78 Send a message via Yahoo to xJoeMama78
I already told you in the other thread, it reduces your vision, especially at night. I used to tint windows for a living. I have been in plenty of cars that had tinted windshields. You are asking for tickets, accidents, and lawsuits if you do it. It is a bad idea no matter cool you think it looks. Many people with 35% tint on their side windows complain of not being able to see their reverse lights at night in their side mirrors. That is fine because you can roll your side windows down. You can't roll your windshield down.

2008 Accord Coupe EX-L L4 Auto ASM
Clear bra | Tint | T-rex | Injen | Weapon R | Eibach | Enkei | Goodyear | SPC | H9/HIR | Hoen | LEDs | Clarion | JL | Focal | Python

1997 F-250 Crew Cab Diesel 4x4
Tymar | Diamond Eye | Bilstein | Clarion | Fosgate | JL

post #4 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 07:17 PM
5th Gear

The only reason that I'll have my windshield tinted is to find film that has high visibility and high UV block to cut the UV, not for color.
post #5 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to xJoeMama78 Send a message via MSN to xJoeMama78 Send a message via Yahoo to xJoeMama78
They make clear films that are designed to block UV and heat.

2008 Accord Coupe EX-L L4 Auto ASM
Clear bra | Tint | T-rex | Injen | Weapon R | Eibach | Enkei | Goodyear | SPC | H9/HIR | Hoen | LEDs | Clarion | JL | Focal | Python

1997 F-250 Crew Cab Diesel 4x4
Tymar | Diamond Eye | Bilstein | Clarion | Fosgate | JL
post #6 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 09:14 PM
3rd Gear

You can do it, it looks nice but as others have said you are asking for trouble. Do what you please but remember it is no doubt illegal, if you are in an accident you could be found at fault whether the accident was your fault or not and your car is going to be a cop magnet. Its up to you what you want to do but I'd steer clear of this if I were you.
post #7 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoeMama78 View Post
I already told you in the other thread, it reduces your vision, especially at night. I used to tint windows for a living. I have been in plenty of cars that had tinted windshields. You are asking for tickets, accidents, and lawsuits if you do it. It is a bad idea no matter cool you think it looks. Many people with 35% tint on their side windows complain of not being able to see their reverse lights at night in their side mirrors. That is fine because you can roll your side windows down. You can't roll your windshield down.
What about 50% then??
post #8 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 10:58 PM
1st Gear

people would look at those car and said, :"that guy has too much money and don't know what to spend on. So he decided to tint his windshield so that he could pay the tickets and accidents".
That's what I think when I see a car with tinted windshield
post #9 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Out of Control

Even with 50% at night it will be dark with all your other windows tinted. You're asking for tickets. I personally wouldn't do it. Tint the top of your windshield where the factory tint is. That that on mine, and it looks great IMO, and not illegal.

2009 Accord EX-L, i4, AT

LED Map/Dome Lights
Full HFP Kit

Weapon R i-Throttle
UR Underdrive Pulleys
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Takeda SRI

Pats Fan
post #10 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deity View Post
Even with 50% at night it will be dark with all your other windows tinted. You're asking for tickets. I personally wouldn't do it. Tint the top of your windshield where the factory tint is. That that on mine, and it looks great IMO, and not illegal.
Well I'm doing 20% on all the windows, so either way it's illegal one way or another..I guess it's just the severity of it, lol.
post #11 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 11:19 PM
6th Gear

Not a smart move IMO, not worth the money that you will undoubtedly have to spend on tickets and such. Not to mention driving at night with rain pouring down good luck seeing at all. I have had issues driving around in heavy rain with a non-tinted windshield when I lived in Alabama.

Although hey it is ultimately up to you, I wouldn't though like I said.

Old Cars:

(2004-2006) - White 2002 Civic LX Sedan Auto (29,XXXkms) (RIP)

(2006-2011) - Silver 2001 Toyota Corolla S Sedan 5MT (186,XXXkms) (Sold 19, Nov 2011)

(2011-2014) - White 2011 Accord EX Coupe 5MT (80,100kms) (Traded 22, Feb 2014)

(2014-2015) - Basque Red 2014 Accord Sport Sedan CVT
(29,250kms) (Sold 16, May 2015 / Still in Family)

(May 2015-Future) - WOP 2015 Accord i4 Touring 6MT
(10kms)
post #12 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Out of Control

With 20% on the sides, and 50% on the front, it will be extremely dark at night, almost as if you had 5% on the sides. I wouldn't do it.

2009 Accord EX-L, i4, AT

LED Map/Dome Lights
Full HFP Kit

Weapon R i-Throttle
UR Underdrive Pulleys
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Takeda SRI

Pats Fan
post #13 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ual2842 View Post
Not a smart move IMO, not worth the money that you will undoubtedly have to spend on tickets and such. Not to mention driving at night with rain pouring down good luck seeing at all. I have had issues driving around in heavy rain with a non-tinted windshield when I lived in Alabama.

Although hey it is ultimately up to you, I wouldn't though like I said.
I'm gettin' HID's, so it'll make it easier to see..
post #14 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Out of Control

99.99% of the people on here will be against tinting your windshield, no point in really asking anyone.

2009 Accord EX-L, i4, AT

LED Map/Dome Lights
Full HFP Kit

Weapon R i-Throttle
UR Underdrive Pulleys
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Takeda SRI

Pats Fan
post #15 of 34 Old 03-29-2011, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deity View Post
99.99% of the people on here will be against tinting your windshield, no point in really asking anyone.
Am I that .1?? Lol..

Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.