EASY way to replace headlight lowbeam/foglight bulbs - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
banned

EASY way to replace headlight lowbeam/foglight bulbs

I have read the manual regarding changing the fog light bulbs and headlight bulbs...anyone has a super easy to to do so?

Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Hondaracer4vtec

Send a message via AIM to hondaracer4vtec
go thru the wheel wells

2008 Accord NBP 6-6 (mine)
2008 Accord TW V6 Sedan (family's)
2003 E500 Silver on Black (lil big bro)
2004 Mercedes CLK500 (sold) (mine)
2000 Accord Coupe ex 2.3L (lil brother's)
1998 Accord Sedan ex-l v6 (dad's)
post #3 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 10:52 AM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
after reading ur title, i thought you had a solution....

mind if i add a bit to the title?

- DA Moderator

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 17xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)

post #4 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 12:23 PM
3rd Gear

Easiest is through the wheel well, like what the manual suggested. I just turn the wheel inward on the side that I'm working on, pull out the fasteners that are holding the front part of the wheel well, and stick my hand in to remove the bulb.
post #5 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Honda Fan

Pretty much like everone has said, going through the wheel well is the easiest. Then, to get the bulb on, put the bulb in the socket without the connector, after you have the bulb in place and turned it so it locks in position, then you plug in the connector to the bulb. This is how I've found it to be the easiest for me.

2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (Silver)
6000k Super Star 55watt Bulbs (Heads)
3000k Nokya 55watt Bulbs (Fogs)
Blue L.E.D. Domelight,Maplights,and Under the dashboard
White L.E.D License Plate Light
L.E.D Reverse Lights
Honda O.E.M Sunroof Visor
15% Tint All Around
Upgraded Entire Audio System While Keeping Stock Radio
post #6 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
banned

I want to get a hid look bulb, not a hid kit....any ideas? These are for low beams?
post #7 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 01:23 PM
1 UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitediamond View Post
I want to get a hid look bulb, not a hid kit....any ideas? These are for low beams?
anyone who has used those "hid" bulbs will tell you, they're not even close to getting hids.

just spend a little more $30-40 will get you a cheap kit...

Belize.Blue.
20% all around tints
6000k 55w DDM HIDs and 3000k Fogs
Belize blue splash guards
Lip spoiler
Leds for the dome, plate, map, cargo, visors
LEDGLOW footwell lights
Lower odyssey grill - Made by Hittman, thanks!
Halo Eyes, black house headlights.
Foglight (ddm 12000k but looks like 8000k)
Leather seat covers (custom stitching)
After martket sound system (in progress)
painted engine cover

mods I cannot remember...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

visor leds
post #8 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Honda Fan

Quote:
I actually bought a cheap pair of bulbs on ebay for $10 and ended up getting a 6000k HID Look. They are not as bright, but they beat that yellow stock look that you get from the regular bulbs.I'm satisfied with them and the light output they give are pretty good.

2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (Silver)
6000k Super Star 55watt Bulbs (Heads)
3000k Nokya 55watt Bulbs (Fogs)
Blue L.E.D. Domelight,Maplights,and Under the dashboard
White L.E.D License Plate Light
L.E.D Reverse Lights
Honda O.E.M Sunroof Visor
15% Tint All Around
Upgraded Entire Audio System While Keeping Stock Radio
post #9 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 02:21 PM
5th Gear

Do you have the sedan? Get the PHILIPS hir bulbs. You need the 9012 for the low beams. You will need to do some very minor modifications to the base of the bulbs, Google for directions. This will give you 1900 lumens per bulb. If you have the coupe, get the h9 bulbs. Again some minor modifications. The advantage here is that the accord low beam was designed for halogens and using them will keep the glare from your headlights in check.

I forgot to mention that this will give you a nicer, whiter light.

Stay away from the "blue" tinted lights, they actually output fewer lumens.

2010 Accord EX-L V6 PMM Sedan (w/o nav)
My First Honda!

X-tour shiftknob
Philips HIR 9012 Low Beams
post #10 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 02:31 PM
4th Gear

it's going to be hard to get that "real" HID look using halogens. im currently using Phillips Xtreme vision halogens, they arn't really much whiter, but light the road 20-30% more than stock.

here's an easy guide to changing the low beams:

btw, get a retrofit .

2010 Honda Accord LX-P ASM
-50% Front, 20% Rear Tints
-LED Lighting
-Odyssey Lower Grill
-Deck Lid/Roof Spoiler
-Morimoto Mini w/ Apollo Shrouds Retrofit (Thanks to thisaznboi88)
-UR Front Strut bar
-17mm TSX Rear Sway Bar
post #11 of 14 Old 03-31-2011, 04:51 AM
2nd Gear

honda is the best out there...don't get me wrong..but i found that honda is kinda dumb to have such too much work for just replace a bulb.
post #12 of 14 Old 03-31-2011, 05:18 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Philips Ultra Crystal Visions...very very bright for a halogen bulb. Nice 4300k color temperature. Like a crystal white color with a hint of blue.

I will post pics of mine here in the next few days.

Here is where you can get them.

Low beam:

High beam/DRL:

Same seller from ebay. He will combine shipping for you. Great lights. They will last you as long as your stock bulbs would last you.

2011 Accord Coupe EX-L CBP 2.4L DOHC iVTEC

5% Llumar CTX | OEM 06+ Civic 3rd LED Brake Light | Xenon Depot Xtreme Digital 5000K | WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors | Vleds 5000k LED Switchbacks | exLED Interior LED Kit 6000k | OEM V6 Trunk Lip Spoiler| OEM Backup sensors | OEM Ambient Light Kit | OEM Fog Lights
post #13 of 14 Old 03-31-2011, 12:10 PM
3rd Gear

Hmm, would like to see your pix when you get a chance. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishstrong09 View Post
Philips Ultra Crystal Visions...very very bright for a halogen bulb. Nice 4300k color temperature. Like a crystal white color with a hint of blue.

I will post pics of mine here in the next few days.

Here is where you can get them.

Low beam:

High beam/DRL:

Same seller from ebay. He will combine shipping for you. Great lights. They will last you as long as your stock bulbs would last you.
post #14 of 14 Old 03-31-2011, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelamp View Post
Do you have the sedan? Get the PHILIPS hir bulbs. You need the 9012 for the low beams. You will need to do some very minor modifications to the base of the bulbs, Google for directions. This will give you 1900 lumens per bulb. If you have the coupe, get the h9 bulbs. Again some minor modifications. The advantage here is that the accord low beam was designed for halogens and using them will keep the glare from your headlights in check.

I forgot to mention that this will give you a nicer, whiter light.

Stay away from the "blue" tinted lights, they actually output fewer lumens.

I second the Philips HIR 9012 recommendation. I just threw a set of these in the wife's '11 sedan and they perform better than expected. They put out more light than the stock high-beams but the beam seems well focused (not much glare) because when I took it out at night no one flashed me.

I picked them up on Amazon for $26/ea. I spent 6x that to get this level of lighting on my Forester.

Bill

Wife's car: 2011 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 Black & Tan
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.