Looking for a nice pair of yellow foglight bulbs - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 02-17-2011, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Honda Fan

Looking for a nice pair of yellow foglight bulbs

Hey guys,
I just wanted some help on purchasing a really nice pair of yellow foglight bulbs. No HID's as I'm threw with those kits, as beautiful as they are, I'm just not going to go through the whole connection thing, I want plug and play. Does anyone know of a good yellow H11 bulb that will give me a nice yellow look and give me some good lighting?

2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (Silver)
6000k Super Star 55watt Bulbs (Heads)
3000k Nokya 55watt Bulbs (Fogs)
Blue L.E.D. Domelight,Maplights,and Under the dashboard
White L.E.D License Plate Light
L.E.D Reverse Lights
Honda O.E.M Sunroof Visor
15% Tint All Around
Upgraded Entire Audio System While Keeping Stock Radio
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 02-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Going Top Shelf FTW

Nokya Hyper Yellow bulbs do a good job, I was pleased with them in my fogs before I put on my HID's. I'm still running Nokya DRL's.

01 Supercharged Corvette
13 Rav4
16 MDX SH-AWD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 Old 02-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Brake, Turn and POWER

IMO Without 3000K HID, the only choice is Halogen with a yellow coating. Normal halogen last long but with a coating they won't last long though. Another would be LED, but they last long, nice color but not really performance.

2010 Honda Accord LX 5-Auto Sedan
-Rearview Camera with Guidelines
-UltraGauge EM >> 27.5 ave mpg
-Blue LED Footwell lighting
-Honda Remote Flip Key
-Decklid Spoiler
-Takeda SRI
-35% Tint
-
<--- Click for a retrofit guide and tips

post #4 of 23 Old 02-17-2011, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Honda Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommypenguin View Post
Nokya Hyper Yellow bulbs do a good job, I was pleased with them in my fogs before I put on my HID's. I'm still running Nokya DRL's.

Are those 55watt?

L.E.D Reverse Lights
15% Tint All Around
post #5 of 23 Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Going Top Shelf FTW

That is what they are advertised, here is a link to the ones I got off ebay.

01 Supercharged Corvette
13 Rav4
16 MDX SH-AWD

post #6 of 23 Old 02-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Going Top Shelf FTW

I installed the bulbs with latex gloves on, never touch the bulbs with your oily hands and you shouldn't have an issue with longevity. I've been running my DRL's for getting close to a year and half. The fogs I ran for a year, none of the bulbs have failed. Definitely got my 20$ worth out of them.

01 Supercharged Corvette
13 Rav4
16 MDX SH-AWD

post #7 of 23 Old 02-17-2011, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Honda Fan

So I guess they are safe to just replace without having to install any extra wiring because of over wattage or anything...cool, I'm definitley going to pick up a pair...I'll post some pics up when I get them installed, thanks guys!

L.E.D Reverse Lights
15% Tint All Around
post #8 of 23 Old 02-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Going Top Shelf FTW

No wiring needed, they are direct replacement for stock bulbs.

01 Supercharged Corvette
13 Rav4
16 MDX SH-AWD

post #9 of 23 Old 02-17-2011, 10:02 PM
Let the fun begin....

The most commons yellow fog lights I've found are (Cheapest to most expensive):

Nokya Hyper Yellow
Hoen Endurance
PIAA Plasma Ion Crystal

Still trying to decide myself if the PIAA's are really worth the extra cash vs the Nokya's.

2011 Acura TL SH-AWD
20" TSW InterlagosRF (20x8.5 ET43) wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 Evo (245/35/40) tires, Takeda SR Intake, P2R TB Spacer....and more to come.
2008 Honda Accord Couple PMM EX-L V6 6 speed (07/08 to 03/10)
20" Stern ST11 (20x8.5 ET45) wheels w/TPMS, Nitto NT555 (245/35/20) tires, Greddy Ti-C Single Exit Exhaust, SR Typhoon Intake w/Amsoil Dryflow Filter, Maven Mark 1/Monsterknob/S2000 CR Shift Knob's, P2R TB Spacer, 5000K (35W) Retro-Solution's HID's w/ Relay
post #10 of 23 Old 02-18-2011, 12:28 AM
5th Gear

nokya yellows are good you'll be happy
post #11 of 23 Old 02-18-2011, 12:00 PM
4th Gear

I recommend my Hoen Endurance bulbs to everyone. I had Nokya yellows in my last car and the Hoens are brighter and more yellow. I couldn't be happier with them.

And a pic on my car...

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6
Full HFP Lip Kit | Odyssey Lower Grille
ATLP J-Pipe & Test Pipe | Magnaflow CBE (with resonator delete)
5000k HIDs | Hoen Endurance Fogs | Interior & License Plate LEDs
Honda USB Audio Interface | WeatherTech Digital Liners
Crosstour Wood Grain | OEM Center Console Tray & Mat

post #12 of 23 Old 02-18-2011, 02:10 PM
3rd Gear

I also have the Hoen Endurance Yellow Fog bulbs for my Honda and Porsche. They are definitely more yellow and bright. Had them for 2 yrs w/o problems. I highly recommend them.
post #13 of 23 Old 02-18-2011, 03:22 PM
┐(´ー` )┌

Anyone ever heard of eurolights yellow bulbs. I just picked them up for my fogs when i was getting my HIDs fixed. Have not opened it yet.

CBP 2010 Accord Coupe I4 EX-L

Vossen CV3 Matte Black with Machined Face Staggered
BC Racing Coilovers
Honda Factory Lip kit
V6 Trunk Lip
Takeda SRI
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust
OEM Foglight kit
Retro's Digital 55w HIDs 6k
Dome/Map/License Plate White V-LEDs
Eurolights Xenon Charged Bulbs (Highs/DRLs)
Angel Eyes

post #14 of 23 Old 02-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to xJoeMama78 Send a message via MSN to xJoeMama78 Send a message via Yahoo to xJoeMama78
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheelup View Post
The most commons yellow fog lights I've found are (Cheapest to most expensive):

Nokya Hyper Yellow
Hoen Endurance
PIAA Plasma Ion Crystal

Still trying to decide myself if the PIAA's are really worth the extra cash vs the Nokya's.
No, they're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808EX-LV6 View Post
I also have the Hoen Endurance Yellow Fog bulbs for my Honda and Porsche. They are definitely more yellow and bright. Had them for 2 yrs w/o problems. I highly recommend them.
I third that.

2008 Accord Coupe EX-L L4 Auto ASM
Clear bra | Tint | T-rex | Injen | Weapon R | Eibach | Enkei | Goodyear | SPC | H9/HIR | Hoen | LEDs | Clarion | JL | Focal | Python

1997 F-250 Crew Cab Diesel 4x4
Tymar | Diamond Eye | Bilstein | Clarion | Fosgate | JL
post #15 of 23 Old 02-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Going Top Shelf FTW

How much do the Hoen's run, they look noticably brighter and more yellow than the nokyas. I wouldn't mind swapping my Nokya DRL's for some Hoen's.

01 Supercharged Corvette
13 Rav4
16 MDX SH-AWD

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.