Dealership Labor Cost - Deck Lid Spoiler Install? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 02-13-2011, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Dealership Labor Cost - Deck Lid Spoiler Install?

Before the flurry of replies starts, I'll say this:
Yes, I know you can do this yourself with the right tools. That's not my question.

Hopefully someone has some experience to answer this:
What should you expect to pay in labor cost (not for the spoiler itself) if you had it installed by the dealer?

TIA

Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-13-2011, 09:49 PM
5th Gear

Est. time of installation = x.
labor cost for Honda = $120
so, x * 120 = A
Now take A and add state taxes, in nj its 7%
in conclusion, its like this
est. time of installation is 1 hour at 120 an hour. so that's $120 plus 7%tax so that equals $128.40
find out labor time in installing the spoiler =D
you just answered your own question than =D

The New:
Evo X GSR SS package.
~AMS DOWN PIPE ~ AMS TEST PIPE ~ PARRIN STEALTH CAT BACK ~ COBB UICP ~ COBB LICP ~ AMS FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLOR ~ COBB INTAKE ~ BC ER SERIES COILS ~ YES IT SHOOTS FLAMES =)

The beater:
97 Altima 177k miles and running strong
The old:
10 Accord PMM 6-6 (sold)
04 VW MK4 (sold)
post #3 of 14 Old 02-13-2011, 10:00 PM
3rd Gear

I charge 1.5 hrs of labor so its 150 $ I'm a tech don't let them charge you more if they do ask them to show you the Honda interactive network n print out accessories labors ........
Wow I can get fired for that LOL

post #4 of 14 Old 02-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Out of Control

Go to an auto body shop, they're much cheaper. Bargain with them, offer them cash, and tell them you don't need a receipt. Prices will go down.

Note: avoiding paying taxes is illegal, and I do not condone it any illegal action.

Just curious, how much did you pay for the spoiler?

Quote:
I charge 1.5 hrs of labor so its 150 $ I'm a tech don't let them charge you more if they do ask them to show you the Honda interactive network n print out accessories labors ........
Wow I can get fired for that LOL
it's great having a Honda tech on this forum!

2009 Accord EX-L, i4, AT

20% tints on 3 back windows and visor of windshield
35% tint on front 2 windows
GrillCraft MX Series Black Steel Mesh
LED Map/Dome Lights
Full HFP Kit
WeatherTech Window Visors

Weapon R i-Throttle
UR Underdrive Pulleys
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Takeda SRI

Pats Fan
post #5 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 04:19 AM
4th Gear

I actually asked my local dealer about how much it would cost to put a deck lid on my sedan. they said $485.60 total, $356 being parts. so $129.60 for labor i guess, could also vary.

2010 Honda Accord LX-P ASM
-50% Front, 20% Rear Tints
-LED Lighting
-Odyssey Lower Grill
-Deck Lid/Roof Spoiler
-Morimoto Mini w/ Apollo Shrouds Retrofit (Thanks to thisaznboi88)
-UR Front Strut bar
-17mm TSX Rear Sway Bar
post #6 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thank you all. That at least gives me a good ballpark.

I haven't gotten it yet (installation cost impacts when/if I will) but I was looking at them at HandA ().

Definitely cheaper than Honda's price, but I'm not sure I care enough for the parts+labor total.
post #7 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 08:49 AM
2nd Gear

I got the Honda wing spoiler & had it attached at a decent body shop for between $75-$100 bucks & that's a lot more involved than a lip spoiler (changing the springs, wiring for the 3rd brake light, etc).

I 2nd the idea of shopping around for an independent body-shop to do it.

2010 Accord Sedan LX-P, Auto (sadly)
bought new 6/30/10

Mods
TSX rear swaybar
wing spoiler
P2R throttle body spacer

To do:
strut tower bar
spacers
chrome handles
post #8 of 14 Old 05-10-2011, 09:19 AM
5th Gear

Thumbs down

I asked the Honda dealer at millwoods Honda in Edmonton Canada and they said they wouldn't install the new 2011 spoiler because of the part number? They asked if it was a Honda part and I told them it was but they knew nothing about the new spoiler and didn't recognize the part #. They said maybe it's a Honda of America item. That shouldn't matter? I even gave them the YouTube link how to install the spoiler. I guess that doesn't say much about Honda Canada? I was just curious how much they would charge? I will probably do it myself. I also got a quote of $50 from a bodyshop I used a lot in the past with my old car.
post #9 of 14 Old 05-10-2011, 10:30 AM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to SMavrides89
Since I got a ding in the side of my coupe (which costs $550 to fix due to size and where it is) I brought it to an awesome body shop my DEALER uses to fix dents.

They quoted me 147.85 for the spoiler itself, and offered to install for free since it would be there. He said it would MAYBE take them 1/2 hour to do it.

Just some more info. From the dealer, it'll be a rip-off

2012 Crystal Black Pearl Coupe EX-L Navi V6 6MT
4300k Phillips HIDs | 35% Side / 20% Rear 3M Tint | 35% Blue Tint Fogs | HFP Suspension | K&N Typhoon SRI | J-Power Rear Camber 3 Arm Kit | 10" Rockford Fosgate Sub w/ 1200w Kenwood Amp | Magnaflow Custom Exhaust

Last Hondas:
2011 BBP Coupe EX 5MT - Few Mods
2010 WDP Sedan EX-L V6 - Almost No Mods
2009 CBP Coupe EX 5AT - Lots of Mods
--------------------------------
2003 SMR Coupe EX-L 5AT - Bone Stock
post #10 of 14 Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010accordv6 View Post
I asked the Honda dealer at millwoods Honda in Edmonton Canada and they said they wouldn't install the new 2011 spoiler because of the part number? They asked if it was a Honda part and I told them it was but they knew nothing about the new spoiler and didn't recognize the part #. They said maybe it's a Honda of America item. That shouldn't matter? I even gave them the YouTube link how to install the spoiler. I guess that doesn't say much about Honda Canada? I was just curious how much they would charge? I will probably do it myself. I also got a quote of $50 from a bodyshop I used a lot in the past with my old car.
my dealer has plenty of the new 2011 lip spoilers installed on different cars.

2015 SNP CVT Accord EX Coupe
2009 Titan PRO-4X Crew Cab
post #11 of 14 Old 05-10-2011, 05:40 PM
3rd Gear

I put on the 2011 spoiler on my car with no problems. Who cares about the part number? It fits.

2011 EX-L V6 PPM Sedan
Tint, 2011 lip spoiler
post #12 of 14 Old 05-10-2011, 11:34 PM
1st Gear

I was charged $210 from New Rochelle Honda in New York.
post #13 of 14 Old 05-10-2011, 11:41 PM
3rd Gear

I guess I gotta be "That Guy". DO IT YOUR SELF. IT IS SUPER EASY A MONKEY COULD DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 EX-L V6 PPM Sedan
Tint, 2011 lip spoiler
post #14 of 14 Old 05-11-2011, 04:16 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusblev View Post
I was charged $210 from New Rochelle Honda in New York.
this is why you do it yourself

2015 SNP CVT Accord EX Coupe
2009 Titan PRO-4X Crew Cab
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.