My New switchblade Key fob - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 55 Old 02-05-2011, 03:32 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord nikon View Post
I got my Key Fob to work. it will require a little modifying. i will post DIY for it.[/URL]
What modification does this require?
Also, can most locksmiths cut the key, or does it have to be done by a Honda dealer?

(First post. I've had my '08 sedan for 8 days.)

Advertisement

post #17 of 55 Old 02-05-2011, 07:18 PM
4th Gear

Here is my completed swtichblade key. Dealer cut the key for free and it was a perfect fit. No programming is required because you just swap out the inner components. Bought the key from

Taking apart the OEM key and switchblade key

Finished product

Back of switchblade

2016 Sedan V6 Touring, White Orchid Pearl

Modifications:
WT Digital Liners Front and Rears / WT cargo mat / LEDs for map, dome, courtesy, vanity, & license plate (exLEDsusa) / 2 led strips for trunk / reverse leds (Phillips 921) / brake leds (Phillips 7440 Red Vision) / 2 Cargo Hooks / Horn upgrade / Weathertech Side Visor Deflectors / Illuminated Door Sills / Glove Box Light Mod / Custom LED footwell lights w/switch

2011 EX-L V6, 6MT, CBP (sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 55 Old 02-05-2011, 09:24 PM
3rd Gear

Does anyone know of a way to add a honda emblem to the acura key without being ghetto? I want the TSX key but it bothers me having an Acura logo for my honda.

post #19 of 55 Old 02-06-2011, 12:33 PM
1st Gear

Has anyone swapped out the inner components for a 2011 Accord Sedan with the ebay key? I noticed Phamman did the switch for a 2011 Coupe. Or does anyone know whether the 2011 Coupe and Sedan key is the same? By the way, thanks Phamman for your post and pictures.
post #20 of 55 Old 02-06-2011, 01:15 PM
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ ~┻━┻

Send a message via AIM to Aramas Send a message via MSN to Aramas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougw03 View Post
Does anyone know of a way to add a honda emblem to the acura key without being ghetto? I want the TSX key but it bothers me having an Acura logo for my honda.
I'm the same way. Since I can't find the OEM H-back on a TSX switchblade from Europe or Japan, decided to go with this:

I have it ordered already so I'll post up how the fitment is if it matches the dimensions properly.

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 5AT I4
[Crystal Black Pearl | Black Interior]
OEM Interior Illumination | OEM Wing Spoiler | Llumar ATC 35% Tint
Interior/Exterior LEDs | Crosstour Shifter | OEM Auto Day/Night Mirror
OEM Cargo Hooks | V6 Front and Rear Bumpers | Hoen Endurance Fogs
OEM Inspire Mirrors (LHD) | OEM Power Folding Mirror Switch | Passport 9500ix Blue
WeatherTech Digi Fit Mats | Mugen Grille | Type R Emblems Front and Rear
post #21 of 55 Old 02-06-2011, 04:40 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
I'm the same way. Since I can't find the OEM H-back on a TSX switchblade from Europe or Japan, decided to go with this:

I have it ordered already so I'll post up how the fitment is if it matches the dimensions properly.
The unit you ordered is only three button, not four.

2012 V6 6MT Coupe San Marino Red on Ivory
Back up camera
TSX 17mm RSB
post #22 of 55 Old 02-06-2011, 05:30 PM
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ ~┻━┻

Send a message via AIM to Aramas Send a message via MSN to Aramas
I got my hands on a OEM Acura switchblade and doing work on that. Just swapping the back for the Honda part. Rest, meh. Getting scrapped somehow. I can deal with the $15 hit since it's free shipping from China.

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 5AT I4
[Crystal Black Pearl | Black Interior]
OEM Interior Illumination | OEM Wing Spoiler | Llumar ATC 35% Tint
Interior/Exterior LEDs | Crosstour Shifter | OEM Auto Day/Night Mirror
OEM Cargo Hooks | V6 Front and Rear Bumpers | Hoen Endurance Fogs
OEM Inspire Mirrors (LHD) | OEM Power Folding Mirror Switch | Passport 9500ix Blue
WeatherTech Digi Fit Mats | Mugen Grille | Type R Emblems Front and Rear
post #23 of 55 Old 02-06-2011, 08:56 PM
justmy8gen

For those who has problem with fitment...You can use the file and file it down a little bit then It will be fine...That how I did for my and of course I need to repaint it lol.

My Ride: 08 Accord Sedan i4 BBM aka Lunar

Supporting my Homeboys's Music By:

Subscribe :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OR
OR

Thanks
post #24 of 55 Old 02-10-2011, 03:31 PM
4th Gear

Got the same switchblade case as in Phamman's link today.
Local dealer cut mine for no charge as well (locksmith wanted $15) and everything fits perfectly.

Just ordered two more.
post #25 of 55 Old 02-10-2011, 03:35 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlanduh View Post
Got the same switchblade case as in Phamman's link today.
Local dealer cut mine for no charge as well (locksmith wanted $15) and everything fits perfectly.

Just ordered two more.
Nice, I plan to order one more too for Key #2. Best $15 mod yet...lol Only pain was adjusting the intensity of the spring once I opened the shell...

Modifications:
WT Digital Liners Front and Rears / WT cargo mat / LEDs for map, dome, courtesy, vanity, & license plate (exLEDsusa) / 2 led strips for trunk / reverse leds (Phillips 921) / brake leds (Phillips 7440 Red Vision) / 2 Cargo Hooks / Horn upgrade / Weathertech Side Visor Deflectors / Illuminated Door Sills / Glove Box Light Mod / Custom LED footwell lights w/switch

post #26 of 55 Old 02-24-2011, 12:56 PM
1st Gear

This a a follow-up. I ordered the same flip-key from ebay as phamman. It's for a 2011 Accord sedan. There is one problem. I can only insert the key in one way only. If I insert it the other way, 180 degrees, the computer won't pick-up the chip inside the flip-key. The car starts but shuts off the gas in a few seconds. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks.
post #27 of 55 Old 02-24-2011, 01:25 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie2011 View Post
This a a follow-up. I ordered the same flip-key from ebay as phamman. It's for a 2011 Accord sedan. There is one problem. I can only insert the key in one way only. If I insert it the other way, 180 degrees, the computer won't pick-up the chip inside the flip-key. The car starts but shuts off the gas in a few seconds. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks.
Try PMing the OP, Lord Nikon...looks like he drives a sedan. Hopefully he can help further.

Modifications:

post #28 of 55 Old 02-25-2011, 07:34 PM
1st Gear

Follow-up #2. I've been surfing the web and I think I found the problem. When I try the key 180 degrees from when it works, the transponder must be too far away from the receiver to be picked-up. I'll do some experimenting to make sure this is the case. It probably would work with no problem if the flip-key wasn't 90 degrees from the case.
post #29 of 55 Old 02-25-2011, 07:49 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie2011 View Post
Follow-up #2. I've been surfing the web and I think I found the problem. When I try the key 180 degrees from when it works, the transponder must be too far away from the receiver to be picked-up. I'll do some experimenting to make sure this is the case. It probably would work with no problem if the flip-key wasn't 90 degrees from the case.
This is strange.

I have an '08 sedan with two of these keys and both work no matter which way I put the key in.
post #30 of 55 Old 02-26-2011, 09:22 PM
1st Gear

Follow-up #3. I was in haste describing my problem. When I tried it the first dozen times, it happened as described. However, after using it for days, it now happens randomly. Either side of the key will work or not work at times. It seems the problem is as I found described on some other sites, the transponder in the flip key is further back from the key than the standard key. It measures about 11/16 inch further back. I don't know if the location of the receiver on the 2011 Honda sedan is located in a different place than other years or model. Either that or every transponder and/or receiver has different tolerances in sending/receiving distances. On the other sites, they fixed the problem by relocating the transponder outside of the internal case closer to the key. There is actually a place in the flip key to relocate it. I'll wait till I get my second flip key and see if that transponder works any differently before I proceed in trying to fix my problem. Thanks.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.