Heated seat not working? '08 sdn - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 01-13-2011, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Heated seat not working? '08 sdn

I just got my 2008 EX-L sedan 4 cyl and noticed both front heated seats seem not to work. I have an apointment at local dealer tomorrow (brake & tranny fluids + installation of a block heater) but I would like to know if this is a frequent failure. and is there a "standard" cause?

Could it be just a fuse?

Where is the fuse box and which fuse to look at?

NOTE: Both small lights on the switches are working.

2008 EX-L sedan, I4 A5
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-13-2011, 09:34 AM
5th Gear

Were you seating on the seat when you turned on the heater? If you didnt then they wont work because it doesnt have any weight its a safety feature. I hope this helps.

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Nav
Crystal Black Pearl/Black Interior
Splash Guards - Wheel Locks - HID's in Lows (6K) and fogs (3k) - Weather Tech Digital FLoor Mats - ExLed Custom Interior Lights.

Previous 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Nav, Crystal Black Pearll/Black Interior

Previous 2008 Honda Accord EX-L I4 Nav, Nighthawk Black/Black Interior
post #3 of 14 Old 01-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Vtahk didnt kick in

Send a message via AIM to Gosha
They're not working because you're not sitting on them

2011 Accord Coupe EX-L V6/Navi PMM

post #4 of 14 Old 01-13-2011, 01:49 PM
5th Gear

Does the yellow/orange light come on when you turn them on low/high? Has the car had any stereo work done?

You might want to pop off the console cover and verify that someone didn't unplug the switches. Check fuses, too.

'09 EX-L V6 Coupe 6MT ASM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 Old 01-13-2011, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

I was sitting on them as well as my passenger was on RH seat and none were heating. Car is totally stock so stereo is OEM. Both switches' lights were coming on at both positions. I did not noticed if it was yellow on the low side though; I think it was orange on both positions for both switches.
Car was to my father; he surely did not had the switches unplugged.
I'll check fuse tomorrow; owner manual says they are inside, on the passenger side.

So there's no frequent failure on heated seats??

2008 EX-L sedan, I4 A5
post #6 of 14 Old 01-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Low Gear

I sometimes feel the opposite. I left them off, and it felt kind of warm. I don't give off that much body heat that fast. I aslo have another EX-L so I know how leather seats in the morning "should" feel on a cold day.

2016 Accord EX I4, 2010 Accord EX-L V6, 2017 Accord Sport
post #7 of 14 Old 01-14-2011, 07:40 AM
3rd Gear

I would check the fuses in the underdash driver side or loose connection for the heated seats which are under the seats if both fine faulty heated seats but that's rare! Lmk
post #8 of 14 Old 01-14-2011, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Sorry guys but looks like the seats are working...
I checked again this morning (passenger also) and they do emit some heat but much less than I was expecting. I already got heated seats in an older car (1988 Jetta GLI) and there was a rush of heat when I was turning them on; I was expecting the same on my Accord but looks like I was wrong...
Thanks anyway for the replies.

2008 EX-L sedan, I4 A5
post #9 of 14 Old 01-14-2011, 12:36 PM
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
Sorry guys but looks like the seats are working...
I checked again this morning (passenger also) and they do emit some heat but much less than I was expecting. I already got heated seats in an older car (1988 Jetta GLI) and there was a rush of heat when I was turning them on; I was expecting the same on my Accord but looks like I was wrong...
Thanks anyway for the replies.
Glad it's working but yes the heated seats on Accords are kind of weak. You have to put it on high and it takes several minutes.

08 Accord V6 Coupe Auto NAV PMM/Black

Haves:
20% Tint / 55W 5K HID / Debadged / Rebadged with HFP Emblems / No DRLs / 7th Gen Coupe Headrests / Oddyssey Lower Grill / 20" Privat Vulkans 20x8.5 45 ET / 245 35 20 Nitto Extreme ZR 555's / HFP Suspension / TSX RSB / Magnaflow CBE / Crosstour Shifter / Xpel Fog Light Film

Wants:
Rearview Camera / Hacked Navi

Previous Rides:
2000 CLK 320
1995 3000GT
1988 Supra Turbo
1982 Supra
1985 Accord
post #10 of 14 Old 01-15-2011, 07:22 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
Glad it's working but yes the heated seats on Accords are kind of weak. You have to put it on high and it takes several minutes.
Agreed...on a cold morning, it might take ~3 minutes before I actually feel the heat.

'09 EX-L V6 Coupe 6MT ASM

post #11 of 14 Old 10-31-2013, 05:27 AM
My First Post

Hey, I have sort of the same issue with my 08 Accord Leather they do work but the only thing I find is the section of the seat where the lower back rest on the seat way warmer then the seated ass area. would that be normal??
post #12 of 14 Old 02-04-2014, 03:42 PM
LV2XLR8

I'm having a similar issue. When I have my heated seat on(driver's), I only feel the heat on my back(through a jacket and a sweater) but none on my butt.
Anyone experience this before?
post #13 of 14 Old 02-27-2014, 11:17 AM
LV2XLR8

*Update*
The dealership diagnosed the issue and they said I need a new assembly for it and it would cost $700CAD(parts) + labour. Does anyone know where I can source one cheaper than that?

2008 Alabaster Silver Metallic Accord Sedan EX-L

Current Modifications
35% Tint
Aluminum "ACCORD" Doorstep Trim
Takeda SR Intake
Honda Flipkey
Inspire Trunklid Garnish
Inspire Emblem
V6 Bumper Conversion
102 SMD LED Foglights
18" ENKEI EKM3 Gunmetal
Megan Racing OE-RS Catback Dual Exhaust
Tein Street Basis Coilover

Future Modifications
Retrofit HID Headlights
Mugen Spoiler
Mugen Lip Kit
19" TSX RSB
post #14 of 14 Old 02-27-2014, 11:29 AM
2nd Gear

$700 for just the bottom seat heater element is a rip off!

I had the same thing. The dealer told me the lower seat heater element needed to be replaced. The part was about $300 and labour was about 2 hours ($200) and worked out to be $600.

Crazy that it costs that much to replace the seat heater element. I didn't get it done, but I may just see about getting a replacement part from the US for much less and do the work myself.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.