ABS...VSA...BRAKE Warning lights on - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-05-2010, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

ABS...VSA...BRAKE Warning lights on

1st posts and new to forums. My daughter has a 2008 Honda Accord Sedan. She just turned 16 and has only been driving it for 3 days. She called and said some lights were coming on the display. I had her come by the house and these lights were on...... the ABS indicator, the VSA indicator and the brake system indicator. I made her park the car until I get it to the dealer on Monday. Does anybody have any idea why these lights would be on at the same time?? Thanks in advance for any input.

Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-05-2010, 05:24 PM
5th Gear

Whatever is wrong with the brake system is causing the anti-lock braking system to malfunction, thus the ABS light. The vehicle stability assist uses the brakes to control skids & wheelspin and such, so if its adversely affected, the VSA light will be lit as well. Could be something as simple as a malfunctioning or disconnected wheel sensor.

post #3 of 16 Old 11-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Out of Control

Send a message via Yahoo to chaqui74
I had a similar problem on my car as well which it was the VSA/Check Engine and car wouldn't go over 3k RPM's . Took the car to two dealers first one they reset the ecu problem continue after that they changed the crank sensor problem fixed "NOT" after I had the car for a few days lights came back up so I took it to a different dealer and they had to call a HONDA Tech cause they didn't know what was the problem so after they spoke to the tech came to the conclusion that the ECU needed to be replace. Btw this actually happen the car been almost brand new. Good luck

2008 ASM Accord V6
Vossen VVS-CV3
F20x9-225/35/20
R20X10.5-255/35/20
Megan SS Coilover
HID's 5k Headlights/Fog lights
15% Tints
P2R T/B Spacer
K&N Air Filter

post #4 of 16 Old 11-05-2010, 05:53 PM
1st Gear

I had the same problem, for me it was a bad rear speed sensor. It happened after I had the suspension lowered. It cost me about $200 to have it fixed at the stealership.
Good luck. : )
post #5 of 16 Old 11-05-2010, 11:15 PM
1st Gear

Smile

Good Luck, im pretty sure i was the first to have this problem in a 8th gen accord. VSA ABS (!) D Light blinking, and everything was running fine. Mine kept coming and going, only when i drove. I had a friend look at it, and i did research online on the forums, i only came accross older cars that said it was a transmission issue. so i got worried. my friend with a shop took a look and said its probably the wheel hub sensor. he couldnt be sure but he said take it to honda cause it can be costly if its not the problem. I took it over to Turnerville honda... i dont have a clue why i took it to those guys. they said they found the issue, after being wrong 2 time before hand. good thing i said i wasnt paying for diagnostics each time.. thay said it would cost 1300 to fix, and i said that bulllshit cause its a fairly new car. thye cut a deal wit me to pay half and i pay half. so now its running fine. i hope... im doing business over in china so i have no idea how its running.

MY only advise is bring it in, get it checked and if you have modifications take them out, cause little things count. they tried to tell me my interior illuminations caused everything to happen at first. but i know the voltage capacity of the lights would not be able to cause any sort of dash issue, by itself at least.

My car was also over the 36k warranty. You might have luck and have it done free. but take it in asap
post #6 of 16 Old 11-06-2010, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thank you for the responses!! I will be taking it to the dealership on Monday.
post #7 of 16 Old 11-24-2013, 04:35 AM
My First Post

2007 Honda Accord. Check engine and VSA light suddenly came on.Now the accelerator does not work and the car will only idle. Need to switch car off then back on to be able to drive normally but check engine light still on . Any ideas?
post #8 of 16 Old 11-24-2013, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by riyriy View Post
2007 Honda Accord. Check engine and VSA light suddenly came on.Now the accelerator does not work and the car will only idle. Need to switch car off then back on to be able to drive normally but check engine light still on . Any ideas?
Welcome to DA, however you are in the wrong forum, you have a 7th Gen and this is the 8th Gen forum.

What you should do is drive to an Auto Zone or Pep Boy type shop to have the code read with the OBD-II scanner, then you will know what code(s) caused the check engine light to come on.

FWIW, you are describing something similar to what I experience in the summer in my V6 car, although I didn't notice if VSA light came on or not but the CEL light definitely did, and the engine had almost no power at all even when I pushed the accelerator pedal all the way down.

I disconnected the battery which reset everything and the problem went away, it's been 3.5 months now and the problem has not returned, it may have been just a glitch. Reading the forum found a possible electronic throttle position sensor issue.

You should have the code read, find out what it is, then disconnect the battery to reset the electronics, then see if the same problem comes back.

2005 Satin Silver V6 Coupe 6 speed
TL shift knob, Hidden Hitch, Venture Shield clear protetive film,
GM Friction Modified Synchromesh transmission fluid,
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 16 Old 11-24-2013, 06:16 AM
3rd Gear

Try to got to an auto store first because homda wil charge u 120 just to chec hat wrong
post #10 of 16 Old 04-14-2014, 02:38 PM
My First Post

same problem on my 2010 honda accord lx. i drive normally suddenly D light VSA, and break light abs all on. I didn't have any problem initally drive around 10 miles then I feel the car shifting funny but not jerking. I brought in Nelson honda to see what's going on. I really don't have an answer for that. Maybe someone done that can help. Thanks
post #11 of 16 Old 05-31-2014, 05:48 PM
1st Gear

This happened to me in the dead of winter. Drove all winter with this condition. When it got above freezing for a couple days, everything cleared up. Occasionally I get the condition. But I keep driving. VSA + ABS, sometimes flashing D, sometimes brake light.
post #12 of 16 Old 06-01-2014, 05:57 AM
Running NYC

^^^not a good idea to keep driving with this "condition" get it checked out better safe than sorry.

2008 Accord Sedan V6
Satin Red Full dip Morimoto h1 quad retrofit(HIDILLUSIONZ)
4300k low 3000k fogs
Demon eye projector mod
JDM Badges Front/Back
Acura TL-SHAWD IM cover
Debadged
28% tint all around
Switchblade Key
Takeda SRI/Magnaflow Cat-Back
Megan racing test pipe
Hawk 5.0 pads
Stoptech drilled/slotted rotors
Led signal upgrades
19x8.5 TSW Rotary forged Interlagos
Adaptec 15mm custom spacers on rear
Tein Basis coils 2" drop
19MM Acura TL rear sway bar
post #13 of 16 Old 06-01-2014, 08:52 PM
6th Gear

old thread - but I'd venture to say she was driving with the parking brake on. all the warning lights turn on because abs and vsa deactivate if a brake system fault is detected. either that or an abs sensor died on the ops car.
post #14 of 16 Old 06-28-2017, 06:59 AM
My First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo1984 View Post
Thank you for the responses!! I will be taking it to the dealership on Monday.
hi, I have a 2008 honda accord coupe and experiencing the same. did you find out what was wrong with your daughter accord?
mine is showing ABS indicator, VSA indicator and brake indicator ?
post #15 of 16 Old 09-03-2017, 08:39 PM
My First Post

This part is probably coincidental but I pressed my trip reset for the first time since I've had my 2008 Honda Accord (one previous owner who really kept the car in great shape) the next day my dash light was lit up. The VSA, ECO and battery lights all came on. While the other lights went off the battery light has not. It's been about a week. The car is driving fine and battery has been tested and is also fine. Any ideas?

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.