Help traction control button doesnt work! - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 08-25-2010, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Help traction control button doesnt work!

hey ive got a 2010 honda accord coupe v6 6speed mt, and the traction control button does not work! ive held it from 2-30 secs, turned the car on and off many many times and it does not trigger off. anyone ever have the same problem? im about to take it to honda tom. morning and ask their service techs

The New:
Evo X GSR SS package.
~AMS DOWN PIPE ~ AMS TEST PIPE ~ PARRIN STEALTH CAT BACK ~ COBB UICP ~ COBB LICP ~ AMS FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLOR ~ COBB INTAKE ~ BC ER SERIES COILS ~ YES IT SHOOTS FLAMES =)

The beater:
97 Altima 177k miles and running strong
The old:
10 Accord PMM 6-6 (sold)
04 VW MK4 (sold)
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-25-2010, 04:05 PM
1st Gear

read the manual. it is very very specific on how to engage/disengage the TSA

post #3 of 13 Old 08-25-2010, 04:07 PM
4th Gear

Try hitting the gas, it may be disengaging without lighting up... either way the dealer should be able to fix it.

Black 2008 Accord Coupe V6 6-speed
Honda Bluetooth
25% Tint
Hard Wired Radar Detector
LED lights

Future Mods:
55w 6000K HID

post #4 of 13 Old 08-25-2010, 04:11 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkybenle View Post
read the manual. it is very very specific on how to engage/disengage the TSA
"Hold button for 1 second, listen for beep?"

That's all there is to it on my '10 I4 5MT.

2010 EX Sedan 5MT (CBP)
post #5 of 13 Old 08-25-2010, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

ive done those things already

The New:
Evo X GSR SS package.
~AMS DOWN PIPE ~ AMS TEST PIPE ~ PARRIN STEALTH CAT BACK ~ COBB UICP ~ COBB LICP ~ AMS FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLOR ~ COBB INTAKE ~ BC ER SERIES COILS ~ YES IT SHOOTS FLAMES =)

The beater:
97 Altima 177k miles and running strong
The old:
10 Accord PMM 6-6 (sold)
04 VW MK4 (sold)
post #6 of 13 Old 08-25-2010, 04:26 PM
4th Gear

I know. I was just trying to say that there shouldn't be much to it. If it's not working, I'd have the dealer check it out.

2010 EX Sedan 5MT (CBP)
post #7 of 13 Old 08-25-2010, 04:38 PM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to Sylv Send a message via MSN to Sylv
sounds like the wire got unplugged; take out the panel and plug the wire that connects to that button back in
post #8 of 13 Old 08-25-2010, 05:36 PM
avs
4th Gear

Why do you want to turn it off? wanna do some burnouts?
post #9 of 13 Old 08-25-2010, 05:38 PM
2nd Gear

The only time I've had the TCS disengagement lock-out on me was when I had a nail in my tire and the TPMS light was on. It won't let you run w/o TC if your pressures are low.

2009 Accord Coupe EX-L, I4, 5MT, Crystal Black Pearl
Takeda SRI, P2R TBS, EBC Blackdash USRs, EBC Redstuff pads, TSX RSB, V6 Rear Lip Spoiler
post #10 of 13 Old 08-26-2010, 12:36 AM
2nd Gear

do you have rims? if so did you put tpms sensors in? if you didnt that is most likely your cause.

08 coupe EX-L tafetta white V6-6 W/ Navi
-HFP Kit
-32% tint all around
-HID's
-Yellow Foglight bulbs
-Ufmike316 Honda Odyssey lower bumper grill mod
-18" Gold BBS rims off an 09 STI
-Takeda SRI Intake
-Sprint Booster
-Black Oem Black mesh grille
-Project Kik 10mm Wheel Spacers
-HFP Suspension
-Yellow 3m headlights and fog lights
-Matt Black Roof and Rear Garnish between Exhaust

Wants:
-Throttle Body Spacer
-Intake Manifold Runners
-Rv6 J-pipe
-Exhaust
-Back Up Camera
post #11 of 13 Old 08-26-2010, 09:39 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmacIL View Post
The only time I've had the TCS disengagement lock-out on me was when I had a nail in my tire and the TPMS light was on. It won't let you run w/o TC if your pressures are low.
I've turned it off a few times in snowstorms when I needed to spin the tires and keep momentum to make it up a hill..... dang ice.

2008 Accord EX-L W/Navi Sedan in Alabaster Silver

Retired:
2005 Accord EX-L Coupe
1998 Accord EX
1991 Accord LX
1986 Civic DX

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." Leonardo da Vinci
post #12 of 13 Old 08-26-2010, 10:10 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatmanVT View Post
I've turned it off a few times in snowstorms when I needed to spin the tires and keep momentum to make it up a hill..... dang ice.
Everyone please correct me if I am wrong (I'm from Florida and don't drive in snow), BUT I thought that the traction control is designed to help you make it up a slippery slope... check out this:

The whole video is cool but for what I am talking about you can start at the 5 minute mark.

Traction control is basically the same thing as stability control, no?

Black 2008 Accord Coupe V6 6-speed
Honda Bluetooth
25% Tint
Hard Wired Radar Detector
LED lights

Future Mods:
55w 6000K HID
post #13 of 13 Old 08-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflooritlotz View Post
Everyone please correct me if I am wrong (I'm from Florida and don't drive in snow), BUT I thought that the traction control is designed to help you make it up a slippery slope... check out this:

The whole video is cool but for what I am talking about you can start at the 5 minute mark.

Traction control is basically the same thing as stability control, no?
Traction control has to do with actively altering throttle input so wheels don't spin on acceleration .

Stability control means more with handling in curves, it affects and tries to keep all wheels at proper speed for the turn and vehicle pointing in right direction . It alters each wheel brake independently to control this . So it will try an fix a over-steering or under steering condition, .

OP check that TPMS is working ok, best bring it to dealer if you have not changed wheels/rims .

Ed

2008 Accord LX, Alabaster Silver Metallic
gone 1985 XR4Ti
gone 1974 Opel Manta rally
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.