DRL Warning Light - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-25-2010, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to jkcheng122
DRL Warning Light

So I went ahead and installed since I've never had to use my high-beams (owned the car since April 09) and I have HIDs on the low-beams. After installation the DRL warning light on the dash comes up and I was told are needed to rid the warning light.

My question is this: Will leaving the warning light on cause any problem? Also what is the purpose of as I got a pair with my lights but if I plug them in the lights don't come on.

EDIT: As promised,

Pics taken at diff shutter levels. I forgot to make any white balance adjustments but they do look much whiter than pictured and resemble my other 5000K lighting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finished Mods:
1. 5000K 55W HID
2. De-badged rear emblems
3. Hoen fogs
4. Audio system (Power Acoustok P-81ACRD HU, JL Audio fronts and amps, eD sub, DynaMat in doors & trunk lid, RF cap, no rear spkrs)
5. LED white lights in interior, trunk, and license plate
6. TSX 17mm rear sway bar
7. Dual-mode LED blinker/night lights and LED DRLs
8. Takeda Retain SR Intake

Wishlist:
1. HFP Suspension Kit
2. HFP 19" Wheels
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Low Gear

I recall reading here that the warning light being on will not do any harm. If it does not bother you, then just leave it alone.

2016 Accord EX I4, 2010 Accord EX-L V6, 2017 Accord Sport
post #3 of 6 Old 08-25-2010, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLowDrew View Post
I recall reading here that the warning light being on will not do any harm. If it does not bother you, then just leave it alone.
Will do, thanks. It's not bothering me b/c I have my wheel set to lowest and seat at almost highest position, the upper arc of the steering wheel blocks the light from my view.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finished Mods:
1. 5000K 55W HID
3. Hoen fogs
4. Audio system (Power Acoustok P-81ACRD HU, JL Audio fronts and amps, eD sub, DynaMat in doors & trunk lid, RF cap, no rear spkrs)

Wishlist:
1. HFP Suspension Kit
2. HFP 19" Wheels

post #4 of 6 Old 08-25-2010, 03:16 PM
5th Gear

DRL light just means there is a problem, or in your case the computer has problems recognizing with the LEDs. It doesnt mean there is a problem because obviously it is there just because you installed the LEDs. Most people do put in the resistors because the light bothers them in the dash, but if it doesn't bother you then just leave it. I just like a clean dash with no lights on personally.

And how do you like your new LEDs for the daytime lights? I was thinking of doing that install as well.

Post Pics too!!!

Present: 2011 BMW 335i e92 6MT

Past: 2006 Accord Sedan 2.4

2007 Odyssey (dad's)
post #5 of 6 Old 08-25-2010, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMBaccord View Post
DRL light just means there is a problem, or in your case the computer has problems recognizing with the LEDs. It doesnt mean there is a problem because obviously it is there just because you installed the LEDs. Most people do put in the resistors because the light bothers them in the dash, but if it doesn't bother you then just leave it. I just like a clean dash with no lights on personally.

And how do you like your new LEDs for the daytime lights? I was thinking of doing that install as well.

Post Pics too!!!
I like them much better than halogens. Will take some pics when I get a chance.

Finished Mods:
1. 5000K 55W HID
3. Hoen fogs

Wishlist:
1. HFP Suspension Kit
2. HFP 19" Wheels
post #6 of 6 Old 08-25-2010, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

pics added

Finished Mods:
1. 5000K 55W HID
3. Hoen fogs

Wishlist:
1. HFP Suspension Kit
2. HFP 19" Wheels
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.