Drove over curb, twice. Car stuck in D. Makes a loud noise. - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
  • 1 Post By KW2004Accord
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-11-2018, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Drove over curb, twice. Car stuck in D. Makes a loud noise.

Recently, I jumped a curb (not literally) and when I came down the front of my car hit the ground like I broke something. A few hours later I heard a rattling noise (I ignored it). A day later, I hit another curb (accidentally) and the car started to jerk and jump and eventually powered off. I got someone to look under the hood and the breather was loose which is why it powered down. Got that back together (tape) and the car powered back on. Tried driving and the car and it was stuck in park (while in drive) so it wouldn't go anywhere but could reverse.

Got someone to look at it and they said it was the axle THEN a transmission host. The man claimed he repaired it and saved me $300 dollars and luckily the car would drive. Drove the car and it felt loose. Would put it in park and it'll go back. Anyways, it eventually started to make a loud rawring noise at 20 MPH and decided to cut off again. Had it towed home and rn I'm lost.

There's a rattling noise, feels loose, and it makes a loud thump whenever I change a gear. AND NOW.. stuck in drive from time to time.

09 Honda Accord EX-L

Last edited by salcuta; 02-11-2018 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Clarify title
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-11-2018, 03:53 PM
Don't drink and drive

Garage
Who exactly looked at your car? What is his shop's name?

You need to do some googling and find a good honest mechanic in your town. Have the car towed there and let them put it on a lift and inspect it. Have the show you where the problems are, and make sure to take some pictures.

2005 Honda Accord V6 - 179k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ordinary people have big TVs. Extraordinary people have big libraries." - Robin Sharma
post #3 of 4 Old 02-12-2018, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks for responding. The man that came to my lot to have a look is actually a retired mechanic. I'll be sure to find someone well worth it.

post #4 of 4 Old 02-12-2018, 08:34 AM
Out of Control

Look on YELP or Google reviews for your area to find a shop, outside metro areas the labor rate usually drops.
97trophy likes this.

2004 4cyl. EX Sedan automatic 511K - 2017 EX automatic 2K
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.