Custom J pipe? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-11-2018, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Custom J pipe?

I have been looking around at exhaust systems recently, and I have seen rv6 and xlr8 etc... j pipes. I called a local muffler shop and they said that they could bend one up that is just made of tubing, and this seemed kind of sketchy. Has anyone gone down the "custom" j pipe path? If so what effects does it have on sound/ performance etc

Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-11-2018, 07:25 PM
Yea I modded my car again

dude get something that is tried and true. why even risk it?

08 EX-L V6/6
Performance : Dyno Tuned Ktuner, Fastline ss clutch line & powerlinks, P2R gaskets, Clutchmasters flywheel and clutch, XLR8 ss brake lines, Progress 22mm rsb, HSD coilovers, Blox 15mm rear spacers,
Power : RV6 hfpc, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Takeda SRI, Unorthodox pulley, P2R pnp runners, Magnaflow cbe, tl sh awd tb, j37 manifold
The Following User Says Thank You to 08 v6/6 For This Useful Post:
Michael__croft (02-11-2018)
post #3 of 6 Old 02-11-2018, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 v6/6 View Post
dude get something that is tried and true. why even risk it?
True, I am not sure on the shops quality

how does the magnaflow cat back sound?

Last edited by namegoeshere; 02-11-2018 at 08:49 PM. Reason: merge

post #4 of 6 Old 02-12-2018, 05:21 AM

its sounds really good imho. conservative yet aggressive when you lay into the throttle

08 EX-L V6/6
Performance : Dyno Tuned Ktuner, Fastline ss clutch line & powerlinks, P2R gaskets, Clutchmasters flywheel and clutch, XLR8 ss brake lines, Progress 22mm rsb, HSD coilovers, Blox 15mm rear spacers,
Power : RV6 hfpc, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Takeda SRI, Unorthodox pulley, P2R pnp runners, Magnaflow cbe, tl sh awd tb, j37 manifold
post #5 of 6 Old 02-12-2018, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 v6/6 View Post
its sounds really good imho. conservative yet aggressive when you lay into the throttle
I was thinking about savin up a bit more, or just pullin the trigger on a Magnaflow axle back for $400 installed
post #6 of 6 Old 02-13-2018, 04:49 AM

no, get the full cat back. Piping is a tad bigger until the split. Then the piping is WAY BIGGER, and u also get the mid muffler and that is what makes the sound complete.

08 EX-L V6/6
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.