v6 muffler delete - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
13Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 02-07-2018, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

v6 muffler delete

I am looking to give my 2011 v6 coupe a bit more noise, considering the stock setup sounds horrible. I looked at a takeda cat back, but $1000 JUST for the pipes is a bit much for me. I looked at a muffler delete and heard some soundclips on youtube, and it sounds pretty good. Any knowledge on this is much appreciated!

Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 02-07-2018, 08:06 PM
3rd Gear

Just...no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t-rd, Stuff, enne and 2 others like this.
post #3 of 27 Old 02-07-2018, 09:34 PM
5th Gear

As I mentioned elsewhere: If you do the muffler delete you need to also do the front and rear windshield delete.
teezythakidd, enne and WILLYumD like this.

2011 V6 2dr BB w/Nav

post #4 of 27 Old 02-07-2018, 09:51 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Okay, is it me or is this "muffler delete" BS fad started popping up a lot more often?

I had OEM exhaust and it doesn't sound horrible. A lot of hackjobs do.

I will say this once again: do not judge any exhaust sound from YouTube videos. It can vary just from the different recording and playback devices.

If you don't have the money to do it right, don't do it.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 27 Old 02-07-2018, 10:04 PM
1st Gear

Haters gonna hate. I am planning on a muffler delete soon. V6 here. I have 3.5L V6.

Do it step by step and make sure its reversible. Dont dump the mufflers, they are expensive so take them home.
post #6 of 27 Old 02-07-2018, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

What do you guys think about Axel back exausts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomonkey View Post
Haters gonna hate. I am planning on a muffler delete soon. V6 here. I have 3.5L V6.

Do it step by step and make sure its reversible. Dont dump the mufflers, they are expensive so take them home.
When are you planning this? I would love to know how it sounds

Last edited by namegoeshere; 02-08-2018 at 01:26 AM. Reason: merge
post #7 of 27 Old 02-07-2018, 10:21 PM
1st Gear

Yeah man axle back is good defecate but its sooooo EXPENSIVE it cost like 600 bucks for a couple of pipe and miffler???? No way.

Just go to local corner muffler shop tell them to cut off the the muffler and put a pipe throguh it and weld it down HARD. and btw you will get a ticket 100% becuz cops wanna squeeze every dolla out of you.

Maybe in a week or two.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 02-08-2018 at 01:27 AM. Reason: merge
post #8 of 27 Old 02-07-2018, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Yeah man axle back is good defecate but its sooooo EXPENSIVE it cost like 600 bucks for a couple of pipe and miffler???? No way.

Just go to local corner muffler shop tell them to cut off the the muffler and put a pipe throguh it and weld it down HARD. and btw you will get a ticket 100% becuz cops wanna squeeze every dolla out of you.
Is it illegal? I thought you only needed to legally have 1 muffling device (resonator)

Quote:
Maybe in a week or two.
Is your car stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edogg View Post
Just...no.
go on

Last edited by namegoeshere; 02-08-2018 at 01:28 AM. Reason: merge
post #9 of 27 Old 02-07-2018, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

I dont know man but every city or state has different laws so becareful, that money you spent on by getting straight pipe not going axle back would be wasted if u get a ticker but IDK how loud it actually is, it cant be that bad man like an gas passing civic can.

Here watch that it sounds good.

yeah my car is 1000000% stock except for air freshner

Last edited by namegoeshere; 02-08-2018 at 01:29 AM. Reason: merge
post #10 of 27 Old 02-07-2018, 11:09 PM
stall at red light

Okay so I just got my muffler deleted, Added a Vibrant ultra quiet resonator(80$ on amazon), and did 2.5 mid pipe stainless steel to Y pipe, and changed my exhaust tips (90$ for 2 on amazon [make sure you get an oval one because your back bumper has oval cutouts]) to a more agressive one. cost me $300. and 1.5 hours. My car sounds good now not too ricey it a low purring to a roar once you go past 2500 RPM. I have a 2012 v6 and I can't stand the whizzing sound of the stock exhaust everytime I gas it. That's just my preference though. And if you don't like it then just put the stock mufflers back on, no harm, no foul -.- idk why there has to be a debate or argument over this issue LOL!

oh, here's a picture of the exhaust tips. I wish they pulled it out 1 inch more for a more agressive look ;/
Attached Images

2012 accord (daily)
1969 buick skylark (old school)
2007 s550 (weekend)
2007 yamaha r1 (death machine)

Last edited by namegoeshere; 02-08-2018 at 01:29 AM. Reason: merge
post #11 of 27 Old 02-08-2018, 04:31 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
UnknownJinX likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan 2.2 LN2 138K Sandrift Metallic
post #12 of 27 Old 02-08-2018, 06:32 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
I dont know man but every city or state has different laws so becareful, that money you spent on by getting straight pipe not going axle back would be wasted if u get a ticker but IDK how loud it actually is, it cant be that bad man like an gas passing civic can.

Here watch that it sounds good.

yeah my car is 1000000% stock except for air freshner
No that sounds like someone hacked off the mufflers.

Here’s a Borla exhaust. This sounds good.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 02-08-2018 at 06:59 AM. Reason: embed vid
post #13 of 27 Old 02-08-2018, 07:21 AM
Corvalis TTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael__croft View Post
I am looking to give my 2011 v6 coupe a bit more noise, considering the stock setup sounds horrible. I looked at a takeda cat back, but $1000 JUST for the pipes is a bit much for me. I looked at a muffler delete and heard some soundclips on youtube, and it sounds pretty good. Any knowledge on this is much appreciated!
I didn't think 12 year olds were allowed to drive

Quote:

Maybe in a week or two.
Would it not be more correct to say you'll get a ticket because you've done something stupid and possibly illegal?

Mark - Retired automotive lighting engineer
14 Accord Touring V6 Sedan

2014 Audi S4 | 2016 Porsche GT3-RS | 08 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 | 2012 Cessna 400 Corvalis TTX

Gone but not forgotten :97 Jaguar XJ6 | 95 Ford Taurus SHO | 77 MGB

Last edited by namegoeshere; 02-09-2018 at 10:07 PM. Reason: merge
post #14 of 27 Old 02-08-2018, 06:51 PM
1st Gear

That Borla sounds like S H I T. The muffler delete is 100x better. Imho. Cheaper and sounds better. Period end of discussion. Seriously... if you think that Borla bs sounds good then you need your hearing checked. Its a V6. Not a V8. No need for that much "pipe" im not saying its too loud... it just sounds cheap as hell like someone straight piped the entire exhaust... and ended up with a light wallet. The rear stock mufflers designed by Honda. (Who knows wtf they are doing) sound amazing with the mids gone.
post #15 of 27 Old 02-08-2018, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
I didn't think 12 year olds were allowed to drive
never said it was final, just trying to get all opinions❤️ No need to hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08sixMT View Post
That Borla sounds like S H I T. The muffler delete is 100x better. Imho. Cheaper and sounds better. Period end of discussion. Seriously... if you think that Borla bs sounds good then you need your hearing checked. Its a V6. Not a V8. No need for that much "pipe" im not saying its too loud... it just sounds cheap as hell like someone straight piped the entire exhaust... and ended up with a light wallet. The rear stock mufflers designed by Honda. (Who knows wtf they are doing) sound amazing with the mids gone.
so what do u think is the best?

Last edited by namegoeshere; 02-09-2018 at 10:06 PM. Reason: merge
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.