spiders in my car :( - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 08-17-2010, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
. . .

spiders in my car :(

I recently have encountered a spider infestation in my 8th gen; I've been parking outside, and now there are many white spiders around, inside, outside, my car.

Spiders creep me out, while doing some research I found out i'm practically screwed. Anyone else has/have this problem?

2010 i4 Coupe CBP 5 Speed MT

So far..
Eibach Pro-kit springs - Takeda SRI - Megan Racing OE-RS Catback - Carbon fibre vinyl eyelids - HFP front lip - Ronjon sideskirt and rear splats - OEM deck lid spoiler

Thule roof rack
6000k HID lows
3000k HID fogs
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 08-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Bigwil254

One option you can do is buy whats called a Fog Bomb or also known as "Fogger". Its basically a bug gernade and let it go off in your car. It WILL KILL ANYTHING INSIDE there!!! You wont be able to get in your car for like 5-6 hours or w/e. So you should prolly do it before you go to sleep and do it overnight. Then the following morning. Open the windows and let the Air run in the car to help clear any kinda fumes or w/e out......Just a thought. I did it in my storage when we found a bunch of black Widows....Not down with that

2009 Accord Sedan Ex-L 2.4 I-4 AT
post #3 of 32 Old 08-17-2010, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
. . .

I herd they live and hide behind your tail lights *shiver*

And, that foggers hurt the electrical system of the car.

2010 i4 Coupe CBP 5 Speed MT

So far..
Eibach Pro-kit springs - Takeda SRI - Megan Racing OE-RS Catback - Carbon fibre vinyl eyelids - HFP front lip - Ronjon sideskirt and rear splats - OEM deck lid spoiler

Thule roof rack
6000k HID lows
3000k HID fogs

post #4 of 32 Old 08-17-2010, 10:54 PM
STUNNIN

You created a thread about spider being in your car??? Lol.

08 Accord Sedan EXL V6 W/Navi RBP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 32 Old 08-17-2010, 11:01 PM
i-VTEC, do you?

No spiders, but in my 5th Gen I noticed that wasp's would fly around my trunk, and upon looking one night I found a social gathering of wasps in there! I read about how to get rid of them and took care of the problem.

To get rid of the spiders, I agree with Bigwil about the fogger. I've heard of people using it in the past without ill effects. Just cover your seats and let it work for a few hours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: 19' TSW Nurburgring's | Goodyear Eagle GT's | Eibach Pro-Kit | TL 17mm Rear Sway|
JDM Sport Front Strut Bar | Weapon-R SRI | DC Sports Header | Dual MagnaFlow's 14832's | PowerStop Drilled & Slotted Rotors | JDM Emblems | v6 Battery Conversion | HFP Lip Kit | 03-05 HFP Side Skirts | Black Grille | 30% Tint | WeatherTech Visors | Window Spoiler | Form Fit Deflector | Blackhoused Mini H1 Retros | OEM Fogs w/ 2500k Hyper Yellow's | 4300k HID Kit | LED Conversion |

post #6 of 32 Old 08-17-2010, 11:05 PM

BOO!!!

post #7 of 32 Old 08-17-2010, 11:09 PM
i-VTEC, do you?

^ Yuck gives me chills.....

Mods: 19' TSW Nurburgring's | Goodyear Eagle GT's | Eibach Pro-Kit | TL 17mm Rear Sway|
JDM Sport Front Strut Bar | Weapon-R SRI | DC Sports Header | Dual MagnaFlow's 14832's | PowerStop Drilled & Slotted Rotors | JDM Emblems | v6 Battery Conversion | HFP Lip Kit | 03-05 HFP Side Skirts | Black Grille | 30% Tint | WeatherTech Visors | Window Spoiler | Form Fit Deflector | Blackhoused Mini H1 Retros | OEM Fogs w/ 2500k Hyper Yellow's | 4300k HID Kit | LED Conversion |

post #8 of 32 Old 08-17-2010, 11:42 PM
4th Gear

creepy pic...

I read somewhere that some people are doing the tent thing to their cars where you set up a tent, open two of those bugbombs inside and outside of the car, to get rid of the spiders. I dont know the effects of the bugbombs on the paint though.

07 Coupe LX - Graphite Pearl - I4AT
First owner since Aug 07 with only 5 miles
OEM Fogs, Rear Wing, Door Visor, Trunk Tray, HFP Lip Kit, K&N Typhoon SRI, Interior, License, and Reverse Light LEDs, TL-S FSB and RSB, Koni Yellows, GC with Custom Rates, 500f 380r

Other cars in the family's garage
15 Accord EXLV6, 15 Mazda Miata Hard Top, 07 Odyssey LX, 04 Civic EX, 15 CR-V EX AWD
post #9 of 32 Old 08-18-2010, 02:59 AM
Internet

befriend spiders
learn their language
sleep with their women
?????
PROFIT!

2010 Sedan PMM LX-P
post #10 of 32 Old 08-18-2010, 07:18 AM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to CTCoupe07
Call Billy the exterminator!!

2007 Accord LX Coupe
Alabaster Silver 2.4L I-VTEC

What I added:

OEM Fog Light Kit
Alpine Type-S 6x9" Coaxial 3-Way Speakers
Alpine Type-S 6-1/2" Component 2-Way Speaker System
OEM "Accord" All Weather Floor Mats
OEM Splash Guards
Grillcraft MX Series Lower Grille
Viper 5101 1 Way SuperCode Remote Start System

Retired:1997 Accord EX Coupe
Traded in on 7-2-10 with 156,000 mi
post #11 of 32 Old 08-18-2010, 07:59 AM
2nd Gear

If you go the fogger route don't forget to put your back seat down so the "fog" can circulate back there as well.

For what it's worth, check to see if the label has a warning about using in small enclosed spaces. The one time I had to use a bug-bomb/fogger (new apartment, flea infestation, not fun) I remember it had a warning about that.

good luck with your arachnid problem.

2010 Accord Sedan LX-P, Auto (sadly)
bought new 6/30/10

Mods
TSX rear swaybar
wing spoiler
P2R throttle body spacer

To do:
strut tower bar
spacers
chrome handles
post #12 of 32 Old 08-18-2010, 08:43 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagging View Post
befriend spiders
learn their language
sleep with their women
?????
PROFIT!
This one made my day.

But seriously, hope you get your issue fixed man. That is pretty creepy to know that spiders can crawl on you when driving.

2007 Honda Accord Sedan SE AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic

17mm TL RSB,
, 5000k 35w DDM Tuning HID kit, Nokya Hyper Yellow DRLs,

, 35% SolarGard Titanium Tint, LED Glow 7-Color kit,
, Fujita CAI,
Hybrid tail replicas, Megan Racing coilovers, Ingalls rear camber kit, Acura TL wheels w/ Conti DWS
post #13 of 32 Old 08-18-2010, 09:12 AM
banned

At least it isn't homeless illegal immigrants....

post #14 of 32 Old 08-18-2010, 09:43 AM
5th Gear

Wow, I've had the same problem. Every week I would find a spider and kill it in my car. Eventually they stopped showing up though.

2008 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S Manual
Alabaster Silver Metallic

[SIZE="1"]Now:
-OEM: Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, Rubber Mats, Front Bra
-V-LED Plate Light
-DDM Tuning 35W Slim Ballast HID Kit 6000K Lows
-Nokya Hyper Yellow 2500K Fogs
-Perforated Leather Shift Boot and Handbrake Boot (Redlinegoods)
post #15 of 32 Old 08-18-2010, 09:47 AM
4th Gear

This can be a problem on sailboats as well, at least up here in the north where the boat sits in the fall, winter and early spring, spiders like to get in and take over, lots of places to build webs and no humans in the way.

For what its worth, moth balls are very effective at getting rid of them. However it will leave a smell in your car, so you may want to consider that as a last resort. I have heard a few people at the marina talking about this product and saying they have had good luck. I have never tried so I can't personally vouch for it, but may be worth a shot if you are hesitant to bug bomb the car. Being related to boating, it is of course way overpriced.

2008 Accord EX-L W/Navi Sedan in Alabaster Silver

Retired:
2005 Accord EX-L Coupe
1998 Accord EX
1991 Accord LX
1986 Civic DX

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." Leonardo da Vinci
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.