Where to get bolts/screws for deck lid spoiler? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Rockstar

Where to get bolts/screws for deck lid spoiler?

Hey all, I'm about to buy the deck lid spoiler on the honda majestic site. It's only about 95 dollars but it doesn't come with any screws/bolts, templates, or even the tape. Is there anywhere I can get the necessary bolts/screws or even the high strength tape? I don't want to buy the deck lid spoiler until I know for sure I can get the bolts as I would prefer that over the tape. Thanks fellas!

Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-17-2010, 03:39 AM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to xJoeMama78 Send a message via MSN to xJoeMama78 Send a message via Yahoo to xJoeMama78
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BM View Post
Hey all, I'm about to buy the deck lid spoiler on the honda majestic site. It's only about 95 dollars but it doesn't come with any screws/bolts, templates, or even the tape. Is there anywhere I can get the necessary bolts/screws or even the high strength tape? I don't want to buy the deck lid spoiler until I know for sure I can get the bolts as I would prefer that over the tape. Thanks fellas!
Your local Honda dealer, any of the online Honda dealers' parts department, or a hardware store.

2008 Accord Coupe EX-L L4 Auto ASM
Clear bra | Tint | T-rex | Injen | Weapon R | Eibach | Enkei | Goodyear | SPC | H9/HIR | Hoen | LEDs | Clarion | JL | Focal | Python

1997 F-250 Crew Cab Diesel 4x4
Tymar | Diamond Eye | Bilstein | Clarion | Fosgate | JL
post #3 of 7 Old 08-17-2010, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Rockstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoeMama78 View Post
Your local Honda dealer, any of the online Honda dealers' parts department, or a hardware store.

So i called my honda dealer and they had trouble finding the bolts/washers because she said the deck lid is only for sedans.

So basically if i go to a hardware store or buy the bolts online, what size and number of bolts should i purhase? Does it matter what kind?

post #4 of 7 Old 08-17-2010, 03:31 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BM View Post
So i called my honda dealer and they had trouble finding the bolts/washers because she said the deck lid is only for sedans.

So basically if i go to a hardware store or buy the bolts online, what size and number of bolts should i purhase? Does it matter what kind?
I'm not sure if you have a sedan or coupe but the spoilers are definitly different. I have a '08 sedan and a '10 Coupe and they are nothing alike.

I was interested in the deck lid spoiler for the coupe, but it appears to come from the factory on only the EXL V6 or something like that. Majestic Honda is right around the corner from where is live, so i went there and talked to the parts manager. He said that there is no template to drill the holes because the deck lid spoiler was not for my model. If you check out the part numbers from the trunk on the EXL V6 and LXS (my coupe), they are actually different since one comes with the holes pre-drilled.

I haven't given up, but have had little luck figuring out how i can make it work.

Hope this info helps you.

2010 Accord Coupe LXS - Polished Metal Metallic
post #5 of 7 Old 08-17-2010, 04:10 PM
5th Gear

Judging from the price as $95, I guess you are talking about the coupe spoiler.

If so, you can just simply attach it with 3M tape from Home Depot. It's very easy to do and you don't need bolts to mount it. I'd have gone that route too if the clips and bolts on sedan are optional like the coupe deck lid spoiler.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-17-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Rockstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikaruAccord View Post
Judging from the price as $95, I guess you are talking about the coupe spoiler.

If so, you can just simply attach it with 3M tape from Home Depot. It's very easy to do and you don't need bolts to mount it. I'd have gone that route too if the clips and bolts on sedan are optional like the coupe deck lid spoiler.
yeah it's a coupe deck lid spoiler; that tiny one that is literally a sliver of plastic that attaches to the trunk.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-17-2010, 08:07 PM
R.Palace

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.