P060A Powertrain control module internal control module malfunction - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
  • 1 Post By hoangx87
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-21-2018, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

P060A Powertrain control module internal control module malfunction

Hi, I drive a 2011 Honda Accord Se Sedan. I am having a bit issue with the car. The car will crank but it will not start at first try. If I crank the car right after the first try, the car will start. It does seem like it is struggle woth starting car more often when it the weather is cold. I took it to autozone to have the battery, alternator, and starter test and all was fine. The technician used the obdII and told me it is the computer which is the pcm internal control module malfunction. I was wondering, have anyone ever experience this problem? And what are the solution?

Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-22-2018, 03:49 AM
Race to the speed limit

Here is the service manual's troubleshooting process for

That essentially says to either get your ECU/ECM/PCM updated to the most recent firmware, or replaced.

'08 EX-L V6 Sedan
PERFORMANCE
  • Routine Maintenance
  • Takeda Short Ram Intake
  • J37 Throttle Body
  • J37 Intake Manifold
  • P2R Intake Manifold Spacer
  • Intake Resonator Delete
  • VCMTuner
AUDIO
  • JL 10W3 in Wicked CAS Magic Box <=> Kicker CX300.1
  • Kicker CS65s <=> Alpine KTP-445U
post #3 of 7 Old 02-16-2018, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Problem with ECU

Hi, I am issued with starting my car. There are time it will take two to three crank for the car to start. I took it to autozone and these are the issue listed. I also talk to some my friends, they mention the ECU would be the last thing they check because they believe it is a sensor that is causing it. Please let me know what ya think.
Attached Images

post #4 of 7 Old 02-16-2018, 07:14 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Umm, can't read much from potato quality image.

Can you upload something more clear?

Do you have a CEL when you start the car?

I would first check the battery and starter.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-16-2018, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Here goes a better image
Attached Images
KW2004Accord likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-16-2018, 08:09 PM
1st Gear

May be a correlation/ software mis match error between the tcm and ecm. Could be someone jumped the battery backwards and fryed something. Theres nothing you can do. Take it to a Honda dealer. Even if you changed the ecm without Honda HDS it will not work. Ur SOL
post #7 of 7 Old 02-16-2018, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks for the respond. Just talk to a guy that used to work for Honda, he said he would look into buy a used ecu online. And bring it to honda so they can flash it.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.