Honda Accord 2012 EX-L Trunk/Fuel Door Release Cable Install - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-11-2018, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
My First Post

Honda Accord 2012 EX-L Trunk/Fuel Door Release Cable Install

This is my first post. I recently had to change out the trunk/fuel door release cable on my 2012 Honda Accord. It was fairly straight forward, I:

1) Ran the cable from the trunk to the cab (next to the driver) by taping the new cable onto the old cable and pulling on the old cable.
2) Secured the the new cable to the trunk/fuel door release lever next to the driver.
3) Secured the trunk cable to the trunk latch.

My final task is to install/secure the fuel door release pin but there does not seem to be any way of accessing it. The fuel door is not accessible from the trunk (it is behind a metal frame) and it does not look like it can be accessed from the fuel door on the outside of the vehicle.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-11-2018, 05:41 PM
1st Gear

Service manual is here: Honda Accord 2008-2010 Service Manual (Downloadable PDF)

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: