HARD leather seats...WTH!! - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 08-08-2010, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

HARD leather seats...WTH!!

Had the car for a few months now...whenever I get in, i feel the stiffness of the darn seats....man, is it just me or are these seats really uncomfortable!!?!

i just recently sat in a friend's toyota corolla and it felt soooo good. I also had no trouble maintaining good posture while in it, with good lumbar support in all the right places.

PLUS: I recently test drove the new mustang GT and was so impressed with how plush the leather seats were..

question to all the 08,09ers: does the leather seat soften up over time??

030810 Accord Coupe V6 Auto, P2R Ported Intake Runners, Farenheit Navi w/Backup Cam, Zexen Taillights, M3 Rooflip Spoiler
072612 Totaled by a Hit-and-Run Drunk Driver: RIP
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 08-08-2010, 05:04 AM
"Life In The Slow Lane"

I am comfortable in my 09 coupe seats,but the leather is
still stiff.

2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 - 5AT- No Navi
San Marino Red/Ivory Interior
Legal Adoption: 12-13-2008
TSW Cadwell wheels (Gunmetal)--18"
"Accord" logo all weather mats
SM Red OEM splashguards
post #3 of 19 Old 08-08-2010, 05:47 AM
Cell Phone Doc

Welcome to my world!

The seats never soften up. They kill my back after a couple hours on the highway!! No lumbar adjustment seems to help, and of course as you've found out, the seat cushion is like sitting on a board!.

Soon as I get the money to do so, I'm trading.

TurboDave
EWCS(SW) USN (ret.) (1965-1988)
Sevierville, TN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12 Lincoln MKT, EcoBoost twin turbo 3.5V6, Crystal Champagne Metallic
86 Buick Grand National (for go)
87 Buick Grand National (for show)
01 Ford Excursion 7.3PSD (for tow)

post #4 of 19 Old 08-08-2010, 08:07 AM
1st Gear

Do the 2010 Accord's have the same issue with the seats as the 08's and 09's?
post #5 of 19 Old 08-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Alpha Dog

post #6 of 19 Old 08-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Cell Phone Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatocaster View Post
It's not the leather that's hard. It's the seat cushion its self. All the leather conditioner in the world doesn't affect what's under it.

TurboDave
Sevierville, TN

---

post #7 of 19 Old 08-08-2010, 05:01 PM
4th Gear

I've got the coupe, so I expected the seats to be firm. I don't think it's too bad.
post #8 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Low Gear

It's cheapness all around. Put your hand on the seat as if you are picking something up from the floormat. See how the leather get's out of shape?

Try that with older Honda leadther seating surface (09 Odyssey), it durable as how leather should be.

I'm sure Honda will cheapen it with the new Ody.

2016 Accord EX I4, 2010 Accord EX-L V6, 2017 Accord Sport
post #9 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 AM
3rd Gear

My seats are hard too. I drove from DC to Richmond and I couldn't believe how uncomfortable I was even with the lumbar support. It almost made me want to trade it in the minute I was back home after a 3-day trip.

"Can someone tell me where I left my double taco?"

2009 Honda Acoord
Tafetta White
4-door EX-L w/Navi, I4
"Starbucks is a nasty 'ol lady she..."
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Navigation system, can you PLEASE take me where I really need to be for just once?!?!?!? Thanks pal..."
d><b <-- musicbwoy
post #10 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Low Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcman3000 View Post
My seats are hard too. I drove from DC to Richmond and I couldn't believe how uncomfortable I was even with the lumbar support. It almost made me want to trade it in the minute I was back home after a 3-day trip.
We bought Honda because we want a tighter suspension. It's not a Lexus ES (in short) for many reasons. One of the reason is tires.

225/50 vs 225/55.

IMO, taller profile will offer a better ride. Do we want taller or shorter. Most (all) of us want shorter. 18s, 19s, 20s FTW?

2016 Accord EX I4, 2010 Accord EX-L V6, 2017 Accord Sport
post #11 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Cell Phone Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLowDrew View Post
We bought Honda because we want a tighter suspension. It's not a Lexus ES (in short) for many reasons. One of the reason is tires.

225/50 vs 225/55.

IMO, taller profile will offer a better ride. Do we want taller or shorter. Most (all) of us want shorter. 18s, 19s, 20s FTW?
Very true. The tires and wheels that are on these cars are the reason there are so many complaints about ride and road noise. The wheels are too large requiring a very small sidewall profile, which lends to harsh ride and more noise.

TurboDave
Sevierville, TN

---

post #12 of 19 Old 08-10-2010, 08:06 PM
5th Gear

On top of all of the issues my sister had faced with her 08 Accord, the cloth seats were unbearable. I would get back pains on long drives. This never happened on any Accords I have driven from Gen 4-7. I hope Honda gets their act together for the next gen or I may be joining the Toyota group and taking my boat ride and liking it

[SIZE="1"]
2007 TSX - Auto - 93k miles - Non Nav - CGP - Mine
2009 Altima 2.5 SL - 123k miles - Auto - Sister's
1999 Accord LX Sedan - Auto - 109k miles Dad's
2012 Camry LE - Auto - 18k miles Mom's
2016 Pilot - 22k miles Sister's
post #13 of 19 Old 08-10-2010, 08:17 PM
4th Gear

My 09 coupe has 20XXX and the leather is still stiff. Kinda ****s on those 4hr drives from Houston to Killeen. Oh well.
post #14 of 19 Old 08-10-2010, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodave View Post
Very true. The tires and wheels that are on these cars are the reason there are so many complaints about ride and road noise. The wheels are too large requiring a very small sidewall profile, which lends to harsh ride and more noise.

can we switch out the tires to a "cushier" set? in other words, do you know any specific tires that are more comfy than stock?

030810 Accord Coupe V6 Auto, P2R Ported Intake Runners, Farenheit Navi w/Backup Cam, Zexen Taillights, M3 Rooflip Spoiler
072612 Totaled by a Hit-and-Run Drunk Driver: RIP
post #15 of 19 Old 08-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Cell Phone Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentledental4u View Post
can we switch out the tires to a "cushier" set? in other words, do you know any specific tires that are more comfy than stock?
It's not that simple. You'd have to switch wheels and tires in order to get taller sidewall tires, the wheel size would have to decrease in order to maintain the same overall height so as not to throw off speedo/odo calibrations.

TurboDave
Sevierville, TN

---

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.