Problem installing engine cover - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-07-2018, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Problem installing engine cover

My wife has a 2012 Honda Accord that I bought used. The engine undercarriage cover broke and fell down so I bought a new one to replace it. When trying to install, I noticed that there is a bracket that is bent and has to fit through the cover. It appears to be a safety bracket that will alert you when you hit a parking curb. Does anyone know what this bracket is called or have a part number to relay. I have looked online at part diagrams but can't seem to locate it. Thanks in advance. Jeff

Attached Images
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-07-2018, 12:53 PM
9th Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmath View Post
My wife has a 2012 Honda Accord that I bought used. The engine undercarriage cover broke and fell down so I bought a new one to replace it. When trying to install, I noticed that there is a bracket that is bent and has to fit through the cover. It appears to be a safety bracket that will alert you when you hit a parking curb. Does anyone know what this bracket is called or have a part number to relay. I have looked online at part diagrams but can't seem to locate it. Thanks in advance. Jeff
I suggest take this picture to dealer he will give you exact part number and name. Then you can google for the price. If just few bucks difference then buy from dealer. If big difference then get aftermarket.. My 2 cents

The Following User Says Thank You to sub786 For This Useful Post:
jeffmath (01-10-2018)
post #3 of 5 Old 01-07-2018, 01:49 PM
5th Gear

Looks like it could be 50365-TA0-A00 -

2011 V6 2dr BB w/Nav
The Following User Says Thank You to Stuff For This Useful Post:
jeffmath (01-10-2018)

post #4 of 5 Old 01-10-2018, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks for responding. I was not able to locate the parts diagram with this part on my own. It is actually part number 50266-TA0-A00
Stay, L. FR. Sub-Frame Mounting (FR). Thanks again
post #5 of 5 Old 01-10-2018, 11:20 AM
Car so nice, bought twice

Just hammer that tab back out?

I see you already got helped but yeah it's basically called front subframe stabilizer. Had to loosen the thing last week when I was lowering the subframe

EDIT: also where is the bolt that attaches it to the radiator core support? Did it get sheared off or something?

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.